• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gifting Etiquette for Consultants: Is it Normal to Give Gifts?

Pampered Chef is very generous to our Hosts, so I don't think they expect extra from the Consultant. I give a Seasons Best, from which they have picked their show recipe, and then have her guests sign it before they leave. My Hosts are very happy with that.I usually just gave one of the nicer items from the supply order for give-aways and a Season's Best. But, since you are starting out, I would suggest buying the nicer items on the supply order and giving them away as gifts.

Do you give a consultant gift?

• Yes, under $10.00

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Yes, $10-$20

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, over $20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Lauren Powers
Does every consultant give a gift to their host? The director I signed up with gives a nice gift (choice of classic stone, large cutting board, cool n serve, Brie baker, etc) to every host. I'm just starting out; is this type of gift normal?

I usually just gave one of the nicer items from the supply order for give-aways and a Season's Best. Once I got going and had a surplus of products I didn't want or need I might give a nicer item to a repeat host. But, since you are starting out you most likely would have to buy those nicer items - so I would say no. Another thought might be when the new products are available at half off (not sure if they are in packages still or open stock) - you might want to pick up a few items that you may not want - but would be a good price point for a free gift for a good host. I know when I first started, the new products were mostly in packages, so many times, I would get a package that contained most of what I wanted but would always end up with a few items I didn't really need. I would use those as gifts sometimes.

I typically give them a Season's best - I don't think larger gifts are expected. :) Good luck!

Pampered Chef is very generous to our Hosts, so I don't think they expect extra from the Consultant. I give a Seasons Best, from which they have picked their show recipe, and then have her guests sign it before they leave. My Hosts are very happy with that.

kam said:
I usually just gave one of the nicer items from the supply order for give-aways and a Season's Best.
I wanted to clarify that statement a little better. On the supply order there is a section for product "give-away" items - Quikut paring knives, scrapers and the like. Some of these are a little nicer than the scrapers or orange peelers. This is what I might choose along with the Season's Best. For awhile they had small Bamboo Spoons. They were too pricey for me to use as a give-away for guests - so I would get these for the host. But, I agree with the others, a Season's Best is generally enough. They do not expect more than that.Also, be careful giving away things such as stone's, cutting boards, etc. If they are presented in front of the show, then if you have a guest who books that show, they will also expect the same level "bonus" from you.Remember that your Director is just that - a director. She earns many products through the various director packages and will have these at almost no cost to her. Plus, after years of selling PC, she may have accumulated many items.

My "free gift" is a copy of the current Seasons Best. I write a little note, the date of the party and the show #.
Pampered Chef offers VERY generous Host benefits so I don't feel the need to give more. Make money, don't spend it!
That being said, I have a few times (less than 10 in the past 15 years?) used a bigger gift as bait to get a specific date filled.

I also typically will do a Season's Best, or if I have lots of those consultant gift products that Kam mentioned, it may be one of those. but a SB is great. It always changes, they are very nice, and very practical to the host. I write a 'thank you note' in the inside cover. Sometimes I remember to pass the book around for guests to sign.

1. Is it expected for consultants to give gifts?

While it is not a requirement, it is often seen as a nice gesture for consultants to give gifts to their clients or hostesses as a thank you for their support and business.

2. What types of gifts are appropriate to give as a consultant?

Consultants can give a variety of gifts such as small kitchen tools, recipe cards, or product samples. It is important to keep the gifts related to the products or services offered by Pampered Chef.

3. How much should I spend on gifts for clients or hostesses?

There is no set amount that consultants are expected to spend on gifts. It is more important to choose a thoughtful and meaningful gift rather than focusing on the cost.

4. When should I give gifts to clients or hostesses?

Gifts can be given at various times, such as during a party or event, as a thank you for a purchase, or as a holiday gift. It is ultimately up to the consultant's discretion, but it is important to not make the recipient feel obligated to purchase more products.

5. Is it appropriate to include my business information with the gift?

Including your business information, such as a business card or brochure, with the gift can be a subtle way to promote your business. However, it is important to not make the gift feel like a sales pitch and to keep the focus on showing appreciation for the client or hostess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkacey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
blondeinpcola
  • yummybytes