1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: "Consultant Gift"

1. Cr8vKitchen

Cr8vKitchen Member

I've seen in several places on the forums that you're using "Consultant Gift" as payment type in P3. What exactly does this do? Are you using it just to differentiate between what you're 'paying' and what the guest is paying for tax purposes?
    Thanks!

May 11, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I use it to keep track of my "biz/show expenses". Yes, I'll be using it for tax deductions. Plus it also allows me to see how much I'm spending on a monthly basis.

3. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

It helps me see if I am "giving" too much! It helped a lot when I did the Gymnastics fundraiser to see how little I made by being so generous! If you give free shipping to someone, it is "Consultant Gift". If you buy the Host Special for your Host as an incentive, it's "Consultant Gift", etc.

May 11, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Putting it as consultant gift also makes the receipt complete, by showing that there has been complete payment in some form, but that the customer didn't pay for all of it.

May 11, 2009
  5. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I also use it if someone's payment is a bit short, I just add in the few extra cents as consultant gift. This will also print on their receipt, not that they really look at them.

May 11, 2009
  6. Cr8vKitchen

Cr8vKitchen Member

Thanks so much! This was very helpful!

May 12, 2009
  7. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

I've used it before when offering free shipping. I enter their payment without the shipping and then enter the shipping amount under the Consultant Gift.

May 13, 2009
  8. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I started highlighting(how the heck fo you spell THAT!?) it and writing a little something next to it. "It's on me" or "I got you covered" etc. I had one gal's husband freak out when she earned the DCB and he thought THEY were charged for it. Of course this guy was a real piece of work.:yuck:

Have something to add?