• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Calendar System: Tips from a Consultant

In summary, some people don't like the new consultant calendars because they can't quickly look at their month and they get confused.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Is it just me or does anyone else not like our 2010 consultant calendars? I have tried to adapt, but..... All the calendars I use are laid out by all month dates on one page (like our past consultant calendars). I need to see a whole month at a time. What does everyone think?

I understand the idea behind the new calendar, but I couldn't get used to it. I'm using the one ChefAnn created.

I never got one. Did we have to buy them this year??

I don't like it to use at shows. It's a nice at home calendar...but don't like the format for bookings on a weekly calendar at shows.

nicki25 said:
I never got one. Did we have to buy them this year??

We got them in December. They were mailed. Call HO and let them know you did not receive yours.

Not everyone received a calendar, you had to be active during a certain time. Now I was supposed to get one and didn't so I had to call. Otherwise you can buy one on the supply order. I am trying to get used to it. I like the idea of how it helps you book and I like the idea of how it helps me to plan goals and let's me write more things in a spot. I do not like how I cannot look at my whole month at once but I think it's something I can get used to.

I had to buy one with at least the whole month laid out in front of me. I may try to take the binding apart on both of them and combine them.

Walmart is where I purchased my calendar and it has a thick but soft plastic cover, but there is a second cover underneath it. It has a really nice picture of Hawaii (or something that looks so much like it...it will keep me motivated!)

I will admit that I have not given the new calendar an honest try, but if I don't have the month in front of me...I am bound to forget lots of things.

I hated it so much because I double booked a January show! My eyes just can't adjust to seeing a week that way. I went to Office Depot and got a great calendar similar to our old franklin covey for under $20.

But, yesterday I realised that I needed bookings - fast because I had 3 cancellations already. I listened to Tammy Stanley's training, filled in my dates and booked January 18th and an early March show. The calendar rocks! I know she says only use one calendar, but there is no way I can do that. I still H-A-T-E the new calendar for tryng to plan my week...and life. But, for a booking tool it is amazing!!

I downloaded the weekly calendar from CC to my USB drive and took it to Office Max with my card. Had them print it out and bind it, cost just under $9. It doesn't have a monthly page between the months, which does bother me a bit, but I'm thinking I can print a monthly page off the internet somewhere and tuck it in the back to look at when I need to see the whole month. The one from CC is set up like the old Franklin Covey was, and since I have the planner case that went with it, this one fits perfectly.

It would have been nice if they had a section with the month-at-a-glance, and then the weekly section after it. I have a school student planner that is set up that way- so that works for me. I could then use the WEEKLY part to show the customer (I use post-it flags) to give that "sense of urgency" by the page flipping through the weeks...but still have the MONTHLY section available for ME to see when I needed it.Perhaps if you have a suggestion- let them know what it is. I do like the idea of the weekly, but need the month too. PC seems quite willing to work with the consultants to make it easier for us!

DebbieJ said:
I use a Planner Pad www.plannerpad.com and love it!

I'm getting a page load error.

I dislike the new calendar. I can't quickly look at my month. I get confused when I have to find a date. It's only January, so maybe I'll get used to it in a month or two.

raebates said:
I understand the idea behind the new calendar, but I couldn't get used to it. I'm using the one ChefAnn created.

Is there a link to the one ChefAnn created? I'd love to see it!

LOL - I thought I really liked it, until I read this thread about all the reason I shouldn't! :D

I tried it but I couldn't get used to it. I really need to see the month as a whole. I went down to my local Staples and bought a generic monthly one which I love.

I sit down w/ a large monthly calendar to plan out the dates I am willing to offer. I then go through the weekly calendar (i purchased the same one as a poster above from Walmart...LOVE it too!) and mark the corresponding dates I have open for shows.

I highlight the dates that I am offering shows. I write down the time(s) during that day I am offering. For dates I have a solid booking (meaning I have their guest list in hand), their show info goes in INK. For tentative bookings (shows I have pre-booked but guest lists are pending), I have their show info on a sticky note strip on that day. For completely OPEN dates that I can book, I have blank (no stickies) and the only thing shown for that date is a highlighed date and a time of day written that I will offer. If they pick that date, I take a sticky tab (the clear ones that have the colored tab), write their name and # and let them know that once I get their guest list then they will be "inked" on my calendar and that date/time will be theirs.

I know, why am I using 2 types of stickies? I am in the process of using up my post-its and sticky tabs. lol But, you get the idea of how I work that system. I NEED a monthly calendar to write down my commitments. It would drive me insane to try to plan out everything on a weekly calendar!

All the flipping around to try & see where my openings are is a pain in the butt and was taking waaaaay too long when I'm in front of someone or on the phone & trying to tell them all of my openings. I had purchased the PC 2010 Calendars & am using one of those!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I thought I really liked it, until I read this thread about all the reason I shouldn't! :D

That is great that it works for you, Becky! Wish it did for me...that cover is beautiful!!

I like the weekly style but not the orientation of the new PC calendar. I found a small weekly one at the $1 store and so far LOVE it. It does not have a monthly view but I am getting used to that. It does have the little mini calendar of the current and next month at the top of each page. The office store did have some nice week/Monthly's at an OK price but I am trying to be more frugal.

JAE said:
I'm getting a page load error.

I dislike the new calendar. I can't quickly look at my month. I get confused when I have to find a date. It's only January, so maybe I'll get used to it in a month or two.

Oops , it's www.plannerpads.com

I do not like it either, I just made 90 days this past week, I much prefer the other way, I bought a small purse size one which I can always have on hand for party planning, I will probably purchase also a midsize one.

I like the weekly style if only it was a different layout. But, I missed the month view and I couldn't keep my dates straight. I was flipping pages WAY too much. So, i gave in and bought a super cute chocolate/pink one at wally world. After each month is a section of weekly's just the way I like it .. it was only $10!!

Sheila said:
I had purchased the PC 2010 Calendars & am using one of those!
I thought about doing that, too.
I sure didn't think I was opening a 'can of worm' with my comments, but at least I found out I'm not the only one. I liked someone else's idea of having both a month at a glance and then the weeklys after it all it one. Maybe HO would like the suggestion, too...although the cost for them may go up.

I don't like it either. I prefer a weekly one with times on it. I was using two for a long time, because I need to schedule in haircuts at certain times and PC at night. I got mine at walmart too. I like the weekly part of the new PC one but it doesn't work for me without time periods on it.:(

HO did redo the weekly printable one on downloads. I like it and may take it to Office max to be printed and bound

Anyone know if the one on CC would be cheaper to be printed and bound at Office Max or FedEx Office?

I had mine done at Office Max, and it was $8 and some change. I don't know what it would be at FexEx.

cookie325 said:
Is there a link to the one ChefAnn created? I'd love to see it!
Mine is available at Chef Success 2010 Calendar by Ann Szwarc in Reference

My NED said that HO has been taking feedback on the 2010 calendars. If you have a constructive suggestion, please send it to HO (probably Career Solutions). If they get enough feedback about the current style, then they may change it again for the 2011 calendar. Personally, I'd like a hybrid of the old style (month at a glance) and the current one.

What I like about Ann's is what I liked about the one we got from Franklin-Covey. It has both month-at-a-glance and week-at-a-glance pages. That helps me tremendously.

BTW, I add tabs with the months to mine to make it easier to check on a specific date or make a note in a specific week.

Ann, I like yours! I haven't picked one up from a store because I really wanted a place to put the host/guest specials, monthly goals, and the checkboxes for the 3 contacts a day. I was going to print the one from CC, but I really like yours! I really loved the Franklin Covey one and was so disappointed when they stopped making it, and yours is exactly what I'm looking for because it has the month at a glance, and the weekly pages have later times, which I prefer as well.

Rae - I was thinking of doing the monthly tab thing as well as that's the only thing I didn't like about the FC planner.

YAY! I think I have found a new planner! :sing:

Nicole, if you still have the bookmarks for today and month, they'll fit in Ann's calendar if you just trim the little tab a bit.

WOO HOO! Thanks for the tip, Rae! :thumbup:

I have to chuckle about the tidbit that you both liked the FC planners. That's exactly what mine is based on. I just extended the times on the daily columns to include evenings, since that's when many people schedule biz things (like shows, cluster meetings, etc.).Rae- did you get yours from Lulu OK? I didn't bother ordering one for myself this year, and I wondered how the quality was.

Yep, it's great. One suggestion for next year. You might want to include Thanksgiving. LOL!

I was transferring all of my stuff into the calendar and realized that Thanksgiving isn't listed. It made me laugh. I know it's got to be a nightmare to try to get all of the stuff adjusted from one calendar to the next. I really do appreciate your work on these. It saves me $ and some of the few bits of sanity I have left.

Oops! It really is a pain to move all those days/holidays around - I must have missed it while trying not to have it end up on the wrong date. That's OK - the 2009 calendar had an extra day in one of the 30 day months on the month view. :)
I am going to try to get the 2011 version started earlier so that I can proofread it better, and have it listed before the end of the year. ;)

It made me laugh. I checked to see if you'd included Canadian Thanksgiving, but I don't think it was there. I thought maybe you'd been living too close to Canada for too long. LOL!

chefann said:
I am going to try to get the 2011 version started earlier so that I can proofread it better, and have it listed before the end of the year. ;)

Maybe you can start now and just do a month at a time :)

etteluap70PC said:
HO did redo the weekly printable one on downloads. I like it and may take it to Office max to be printed and bound

My favorite calendar of all has been this one...I have been using the new one all month but I miss the time-slots on the one on CC. I am printing it out right now and will take it to Staples to be bound this afternoon. It cost me $1.99 last time.

Ann, I am soooo very excited you are doing this again this year! I really don't like the new one from HO. At first I thought I would until I realized there wasn't a month at a glance at all! I just ordered yours.

Just ordered Ann's. Cost me the same as it would have to take the CC one to Office Max (including my gas and time waiting for it). I love a weekly calendar, but got very confused at my show the other night looking at it trying to book shows.

Ugh... I just had mine done at office max... It looked OK Dates are in order but.... Now that I look at it here at home they started printing on the wrong page so it is set up so my week runs wed to tues! ugg.... Worst thing is I don't want to call to complain becaust the gal that did it is a strong booking lead. Do I just deal?

Attachments

• planner oops.jpg
    planner oops.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 456
I'd go in and show them when SHE's not there. :) Or even if she is, just make light of the situation...and give her a recipe card for her trouble to reprint/bind it. She obviously messed up.For future reference, maybe make small talk/biz chat AFTER she's done working- she obviously can't multi-task *LOL*.

etteluap70PC said:
Ugh... I just had mine done at office max... It looked OK Dates are in order but.... Now that I look at it here at home they started printing on the wrong page so it is set up so my week runs wed to tues! ugg.... Worst thing is I don't want to call to complain becaust the gal that did it is a strong booking lead. Do I just deal?

I did that when I had one printed out in October for 2009, so I knew to tell them how to print it this time. I agree, go when she's not in, and tell them you didn't realize it until you got home, and you didn't realize to tell the rep.

etteluap70PC said:

EXACTLY what I dealt with this evening at Staples. So I went back and the bozos couldn't figure out how to reprint it the right way so now I am at home reprinting it. ARGH

dannyzmom said:
EXACTLY what I dealt with this evening at Staples. So I went back and the bozos couldn't figure out how to reprint it the right way so now I am at home reprinting it. ARGH

did they charge you at all? or refund you?

I just got a cute pink/brown one from Walmart. I am happy it has the month at a glance and the weekly planner :)

dannyzmom said:

You have to ask them to print page 1 separately, then print pages 2 through whatever double-sided.

What I found to be pretty cool about this is that it gives me a blank, white page on the front. I had them bind it with a clear cover, which means I'll be able to put a picture on that blank white page or the PC logo or something.

OK got mine redone at Office max. She was going to charge me but decided no to.

She said to tell anyone else that they need to print a blank page before the rest or do the first page as a single side copy. The the rest prints OK. I think I will let HO know and maybe ask them to do a logo front.

etteluap70PC said:
I think I will let HO know and maybe ask them to do a logo front.

That would be fabulous! I didn't think about the blank page in front before I went to OfficeMax, or I would have had it printed before hand. I've been considering using some of my scrapbooking tools to jazz up the cover.

I may turn my cover into a "dream board" of sorts

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
D Levad
  • akrebecca
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash