• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Joining a Recruiting Program - Need Advice

It gives you a chance to showcase the products and introduce your business to friends and family. Remember to focus on the benefits of Pampered Chef products and how they can make life in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. Don't be afraid to ask for help and support from your loved ones, as they can be great resources for booking shows and spreading the word about your business. Good luck with your new venture!In summary, the conversation is about someone considering joining Pampered Chef and is seeking advice and encouragement from others who have experience with the company. They are concerned about getting started and booking shows, but others are reassuring them and providing tips on how to be successful, such as reaching out to friends and family
thinkingpc
Hello.. I met with a recruiter today who happened to be a director who did a show I hosted a few weeks ago. Im considering joining and have done a lot of research, but Im nervous about getting started. Im trying to get 6 people to commit to shows but Im not having a lot of luck. I do have 2 shows scheduled from my party that she is going to "give" me should I join, the first is the end of this month. Im wondering how hard is it to really get started. Im not a pushy sales person, but I believe in the product, have a lot and think it sells itself, of course Ill sell and love what I do but I am not pushy.

Im looking for advice on if I should sign or not and if others had hesitation. If I do this I want to be successful and get at least the $1250 in sales the first 3 months to maximize what I can get and grow from there, but at least that.

Any help or words of encouragement and ideas would be great.
thanks

Call everyone you can think of. Call friends and family, let them know that you are planning on starting your own business but you really need their support and help. Phone calls really help your business and you never know maybe they have thought of the same thing you have. You never know, just ask. Good luck with your new business.

Debbie :)

I understand your concerns. I have been a Pampered Chef junkie since college...started having shows to furnish my kitchen. Fifteen years later I'm selling PC. I started 2 years ago...just had my 2 year anniversary!

My feeling is...why NOT give Pampered Chef a try. You have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. You can get $350 worth of products for only $90, an opportunity to get the new Professional Roasiting Pan worth $90 for FREE, a chance to get additional FREE products for your first 3 months, AND a PAYCHECK! You only have to try for 4 shows...catalog, kitchen, fund-raiser, or bridal!

Give it a try...you have your group to support you and all of us rooting you on!

I agree with Ginger....it's worth a try and worst case scenario, if you don't like it after four shows....you're done and you've got the wonderful products. I found when I started out, I would ask everyone I could think of if they'd do me a favor. Then I'd go into how I'm starting my own business, I'm so excited, the products are great, etc.... It seemed that when they looked at it as doing me a favor, they were pretty likely to book a show. Not necessarily for all the bookings rewards, but the "favor" angle helped.

I also think it's good to ask everyone you can think of. Not just good friends. I was pleasantly surprised how many "acquaintances" were willing to have shows for me and it gave me a chance to get to know them better.

One other thing to consider is doing those two shows your recruiter would give you, do an open house yourself, do a couple catalog shows (out of town friends are good for this) and maybe do a fundraiser or something. That's one way to start! Some people do one Open House on a weeknight and another on the weekend to accomodate schedules, so it could be two separate shows. And as you'll hear here, don't call it an "open house." Calling it an actual Kitchen Show helps with attendance.

Good luck to you!

PamperedGinger said:
My feeling is...why NOT give Pampered Chef a try. You have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. You can get $350 worth of products for only $90, an opportunity to get the new Professional Roasiting Pan worth $90 for FREE, a chance to get additional FREE products for your first 3 months, AND a PAYCHECK! You only have to try for 4 shows...catalog, kitchen, fund-raiser, or bridal!

Give it a try...you have your group to support you and all of us rooting you on!
I agree with Ginger too but FYI, the Roasting Pan is worth $145 (not $90) so it's even better than she said! :D

Call your recruiter or ask us if you have any concerns! There are a lot of experienced (we say "seasoned") consultants here and a lot of new ones going through just what you're feeling! It's a comfort place. ;)

Try a "Grand Opening"Hi there,

I agree with Becky that scheduling an Open House early on can be a great way to introduce your new business to friends, neighbors and family. I suggest calling it the "Grand Opening" of your Pampered Chef business. You can create all kinds of excitement by decorating with balloons, etc. Offer a special door prize raffle at the show and award extra tickets to anyone who schedules a show to help you get started.

Another idea that I've suggested to many new consultants is to trace the outline of one of your hands and write a preferred date for a show on each finger. Then add the headline, "Could You Give Me A Hand in Getting My Business Started?" Set it on your demo table and ask each guest if they would be willing to support your new business by helping you to get started.

Of course, you are never going to know success unless you are willing to give it a try. We've all been in your shoes and for some reason, decided that the consultant opportunity was more about "what could be" than "what might not be". Good luck in your new business!

-Janet :p

chefjanet said:
Another idea that I've suggested to many new consultants is to trace the outline of one of your hands and write a preferred date for a show on each finger. Then add the headline, "Could You Give Me A Hand in Getting My Business Started?" Set it on your demo table and ask each guest if they would be willing to support your new business by helping you to get started.
I love that idea! How cute. That's such a great way to do it. Or you could do a REALLY big one on a big poster board to really attract attention. Thanks for sharing that idea. :)

Beth Brigham said:
I agree with Ginger too but FYI, the Roasting Pan is worth $145 (not $90) so it's even better than she said! :D

Thanks Beth...kids interupted and got distracted.

1. How much does it cost to join a recruiting program?

The cost of joining a recruiting program can vary depending on the company. At Pampered Chef, there is no cost to join our recruiting program. We provide all the necessary training and tools to help you succeed.

2. What kind of support and training will I receive?

At Pampered Chef, we provide ongoing support and training to all of our consultants. Our team is always available to answer any questions and provide guidance. We also have a variety of training materials and resources available to help you grow your business.

3. How much time do I need to commit to the program?

The amount of time you commit to the program is up to you. Many of our consultants have successful businesses while working part-time hours. However, the more time and effort you put into your business, the more successful you will be.

4. Can I still work a full-time job while participating in the program?

Yes, absolutely! Many of our consultants have full-time jobs while also running a successful Pampered Chef business. Our flexible business model allows you to work around your schedule and commitments.

5. What are the benefits of joining a recruiting program?

Joining a recruiting program, such as Pampered Chef, can provide many benefits. These include the opportunity to earn extra income, flexible work hours, ongoing support and training, and the ability to be your own boss. It can also be a great way to network and meet new people.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
LI Chick
  • Brina
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • armywife_consultant
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies