• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Joining...have a Question!

In summary, The consultant is going to get a recruit either way and make money from your sales. So if you'd like to do it yourself, then I say go for it. That way you get a jump on the Jan Consultant Sales Promo that's going on!
Christy252
Hi! I am considering becoming a Pampered Chef consultant and have a question. I went to a party last weekend and booked a show for January and also let the consultant know that I'm possibly interested in starting a business. What I'm wondering is, if I do decide to start a business, should I proceed with having a show in January and starting after that show (in which case the other consultant will get all those sales because I will just be the host) or should I just join and do the January party myself and get all those sales?

I think that it's your personal preference. The consultant is going to get a recruit either way and make money from your sales. So if you'd like to do it yourself, then I say go for it. That way you get a jump on the Jan Consultant Sales Promo that's going on!

Congratulations on considering the PC opportunity! That's so exciting! There are different ways you can go about it. If you host your own show first (the consultant should give you the bookings from it...that's what I do for new recruits), you can decrease the cost of the starter kit to $50 or $70, so that's a great way to save some $$ on a very low investment to begin with. Plus, you can earn all those free, 1/2 price and other discounted products as the host too.

If you sign now and do that show as your first show, you could still list yourself as the host, therefore getting all the host benefits. You obviously would still pay the $90 to start. AND you'd get the commission on your show, like the previous post said. You'd start the year off right already earning points toward the incentive program and the incentive about maybe earning discounts for National Conference.

If you do sign, I would do it NOW so you can start lining up your first shows. My goal is always to get my January booked BEFORE Thanksgiving so my hosts don't have to worry about anything and I don't have to bug anyone during the holidays. We have SUCH good host specials in January and Feb (as you probably know!) that it should be easy to entice people to host shows.

If you have any questions as you're weighing the pros and cons, please feel free to post them. I (and lots of others on this website) am more than willing to help answer what i can! Has your consultant provided you with lots of information about the opportunity?? It's great that you're considering this!!

hosting and consultingI don't believe that you can be the host AND the consultant for a show. You can "host" while getting the commission but you would not be able to receive the host benefits. I started after hosting a show and my recruiter gave me the bookings from the show (there were 3!)... plus it was an $800 show so I got boost my kit in the process.

Consultant as the HostIf a consultant hosts her own show then she gets all the benefits, BUT the booking benefit. I just submitted a show myself.

Pampered Sofia said:
I don't believe that you can be the host AND the consultant for a show. You can "host" while getting the commission but you would not be able to receive the host benefits. I started after hosting a show and my recruiter gave me the bookings from the show (there were 3!)... plus it was an $800 show so I got boost my kit in the process.

Yes, you can be the host and the consultant for a show. I do at least 2 a year. You still get the same commission, free products, half-priced items. You do not however get the booking benefit. But when I do my shows, I don't do them for the booking benefit. I actually give all the products away from these shows.

On the question about joining now or later. I really do think it is your personnal preference. I have people on my team that have done it both ways. You will save the $ on your kit, but you won't make the commission from your show. I have found one advantage to doing a "kick off" show for my new team members, I typically get 5-6 bookings from their show(which of course are their bookings to start their business) while those who do their own show only get 2-3. I believe this is the experience of asking everyone if they want to do a show. Some new consultants have a hard time with this and they feel pushy. But it is basically what works for you!

Thank you all for your opinions!! It really helps to get your perspective! I do have one question, though...what is the booking benefit?

When someone books off of a host's show, the original host will be able to purchase THAT month's host special at 60% off when the friend has her show, as long as it's entered in PP as a booking and as long as it's held within 6 months.

This has worked out great because when the original host really wants that monthly host special, she'll stay on her friend to follow through and have her show. Keep in mind that a host can book off her own show if she wants. For example, I had a host earlier this month say she'll probably do at least a catalog show in the spring when the new products come out. So, I listed her as a booking off of her own show. When she has her show, she can purchase the monthly host special as the host AND purchase another one as the host whose show it booked from. The date you originally enter in PP can change, but it does still need to be within six months from the show it was booked from. I hope I didn't make that too confusing!

Ok, that makes sense!! Thank you so much!!!

Christy,

I would sign now so you can start getting bookings on your calendar. I would also host that show in January, so you can use the host benefits and supplement items in your starter kit with those benefits. (especially with January being 50% more month!)

Now, since you booked a show from your friends show for January... normally your friend would receive the host special in January as well. I do not know if in this situation that would still hold true, since you are now the consultant. You would have to check with the home office.

Good luck with your new business!

1. What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef?

Joining Pampered Chef comes with a variety of benefits, including the opportunity to earn a flexible income, work from home, and be a part of a supportive community. You also have the chance to earn free products, receive exclusive discounts, and attend company events and conferences.

2. How much does it cost to join Pampered Chef?

The cost to join Pampered Chef varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $99 to $249, and each one comes with a variety of products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get started. You can also choose to add on additional products at a discounted price.

3. Do I need to have previous sales experience to join Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to have previous sales experience to join Pampered Chef. We provide all new consultants with training and support to help you succeed. Our focus is on building relationships and sharing the benefits of our products, not traditional sales techniques.

4. How much time do I need to dedicate to my Pampered Chef business?

You can dedicate as much or as little time as you want to your Pampered Chef business. It is a flexible opportunity that allows you to work around your schedule and commitments. Many of our consultants start with a few parties per month and gradually increase their workload as they grow their business.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products online through your personal website, social media platforms, and virtual parties. We also provide training and resources to help you effectively market and sell our products online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chefgirl2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • Lilamyw3