• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering a "Kids Area" With Play Dough. . .

I think it would be a lot of fun to set up an area where the kids could make their own play dough and then take it home.I think this is a great idea and it is sure to be a hit with the kids. They will love the play dough and the cookie cutters will be a hit. This is a great way to keep the parents entertained while the kids are shopping.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
At my fair booth, I'm thinking about setting up a flexible cutting mat, bakers roller, and the new cookie cutters. I don't have any play dough (no kids) so will have to purchase. Has anyone used it with these products? Does it work okay? Is this a bad idea? :rolleyes: Please let me know if you have any experience in this area. THANK YOU!

Has no one any thoughts on play dough? :)

I think this is a fun idea and I'm sure the play dough will work fine with the new kids sets. Depending on how busy you think your booth will be you can also find an easy recipe online for the kids to make their own play dough. Have fun at the event!!

I can only think of one reason not to do this...what if the kids try to run off with your stuff....not on purpose or anything, but you know how kids are. One the flip side of that...I could see you selling a lot of those items.

I just worked an event and the prize was a metal baking tray, mini serving spatula and the Emoji cookie cutters. More than one person asked could they have one of the cookie cutters.

One last question (I can do a test, but someone might know). Will the play dough stain the pastry mat?

The mats are silicone - no they won't stain. Another option is to make the homemade playdo fom soda & cornstarch...
BAKING SODA AND CORNSTARCH PLAY DOUGH
2 c. baking soda
1 c. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. warm water
Mix baking soda and cornstarch in a pan. Add water and stir until smooth. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and pour onto a board to cool. Knead when it is cool. Store in covered container. (Food coloring may be added to water).Keep in mind, though - this needs to be about the moms, the buyers.

I took the play dough, Pastry Mat, Baker's Roller and Cookie Cutters. It didn't stain (Thanks, Scott) and it was a good diversion for some little kids. I didn't keep it out the entire week but it was fun while I did.

What materials are needed for a "Kids Area" with play dough?

The materials needed for a "Kids Area" with play dough include play dough in various colors, play dough tools such as rolling pins and cookie cutters, and a designated play surface such as a plastic tablecloth or play mat.

Is play dough safe for children to play with?

Yes, play dough is generally safe for children to play with. However, it is important to supervise children while they are playing with play dough and make sure they do not put it in their mouths. It is also recommended to use non-toxic play dough for added safety.

What is the recommended age range for a "Kids Area" with play dough?

The recommended age range for a "Kids Area" with play dough is typically 2-8 years old. However, children of all ages can enjoy playing with play dough, as long as they are supervised and do not put it in their mouths.

How can I make play dough at home?

There are many different recipes available for making play dough at home. A simple recipe involves mixing flour, salt, water, oil, and food coloring together. You can also add in scents or glitter for added sensory play. Just be sure to store homemade play dough in an airtight container to keep it from drying out.

What are the benefits of a "Kids Area" with play dough?

A "Kids Area" with play dough can provide numerous benefits for children. It allows them to engage in sensory play, develop fine motor skills, and use their imagination and creativity. It can also help with hand-eye coordination and provide a calming and therapeutic activity for children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abrahamlaur
  • pampered2007