• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Connecting With Your Customers Enough?

In summary, the conversation was about marketing strategies for connecting with customers. The facilitator stressed the importance of regular communication and suggested using a weekly email and a monthly mailed newsletter. The speaker shared their own plan of using The Pampered Chef's e-newsletter for the monthly communication and sending out weekly emails with recipes and tips. They also discussed the idea of sending half-birthday cards to stand out, using SendOutCards to automate the process. The speaker also mentioned reaching out to past hosts for their birthdays and automating the process of sending cards. Overall, the conversation provided useful ideas for staying connected with customers and increasing sales.
raebates
Staff member
I recently attended a training event about marketing. One of the things the facilitator stressed was connecting with your customers regularly. She said this:
The one who shows up the most sells the most.
She suggested a short weekly email and a monthly mailed newsletter. Now, since The Pampered Chef offers a fantastic e-newsletter, I figure that will do for my longer, monthly communication. I got to thinking about a weekly email. The HO offers those customer connection emails. One of them is blank, so it's easy to add your own content. I plan to share recipes, general food tips, and such, then use the sales/booking/recruiting ones they offer every six weeks or so. I sent an email out to every one of the people who receive my e-newsletter, inviting them to sign up for the weekly blast. In just 48 hours I had a couple dozen people who wanted to get that. Sent my first one out last Monday. It was just one of the PC recipes I'd copied and pasted into the email.Then, I got to thinking about the paper thing. I used to send out my own monthly newsletter before I signed onto the e-newsletter. At that time I also offered a paper newsletter to those who didn't have/use email. When I stopped I was sending out 53. I decided I could easily grab some of the info from the e-newsletter and print that out for my USPS customers. So, I sent out another invitation. This one was in print. I explained that I had decided to start back up with my printed newsletter. If they want to receive it they'll have to contact me; I gave them several options for doing that. Those went out yesterday.Finally, I discovered that one of the men at the meeting sends out half-birthday cards. For example, this month he sent cards out to every client whose birthday is in November. I think that's brilliant. It's a way to stand out. I get oodles of cards/emails from businesses on or near my birthday (which happens to be in November), but very few in May. I have had a birthday club for a couple of years. People sign up on Birthday Alarm, and BA reminds me when their birthdays are coming up. I've been sending happy birthday emails to those people. I printed out that list and put their birthdays in CC. I have a SendOutCards (SOC) account, so I created a half-birthday postcard. I've set it up to send out cards on the first of the month. I've already added May and June contacts (those whose birthdays are in November and December). The May cards should go out tomorrow. I also sent out an email today to all of my past hosts. I told them I was updating my files and asked for their birthdays. In just a few hours I've added over a dozen birthdays to CC. Each month I will check for half-birthdays by printing out a list of birthdays for the corresponding month. I'll update my SOC contacts and arrange for those cards to be sent. I also plan to ask each host at closing for his/her birthday, so I can automatically add those.I'm feeling very productive. Actually, I feel like I'm getting a bit of a head start on NC.Now, PC is my main job. I realize that this might not work for those doing PC alongside a full-time job. Still, you might find something in this that you want to add.

Thanks for the ideas, Rae. If you have time, please return to this post and let us know what kind of response you're getting.

WoW! You are very productive! I could not imagine being able to keep up with all of it even if I didn't work full-time along with PC. You have given all up part-timers food for thought. Thank you.

Byrd1956, the half-birthday thing took a bit of time to set up, but I expect it to be pretty easy to keep going. Send Out Cards allows me to automate most of it.ChefJeanine, I've had lots of people get back to me with their birthdays. The cards for November birthdays went out on Thursday. I've already had one person contact me with an order. So far only 1 person has let me know they'd like to receive the mailed version of the newsletter. But, I plan to allow new people to sign up in the future.

Thank you, Rae. I need to be MUCH more proactive. After 14 years in the business, I've become way too complacent.

1. How can I effectively connect with my customers during a party or demonstration?

To effectively connect with your customers during a party or demonstration, it is important to engage them in conversation and make them feel comfortable. Ask them about their interests, listen to their responses, and find common ground. You can also personalize the demonstration by asking for their input or feedback, and addressing any questions or concerns they may have.

2. What are some strategies for building long-lasting relationships with customers?

Some strategies for building long-lasting relationships with customers include staying in touch through email or social media, offering personalized recommendations and follow-up, and providing exceptional customer service. You can also show your appreciation by offering exclusive discounts or hosting customer appreciation events.

3. How can I effectively communicate the benefits of our products to customers?

To effectively communicate the benefits of our products to customers, it is important to focus on the features that set them apart and how they can improve their daily lives. Share personal experiences or testimonials from satisfied customers, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have. You can also offer product demonstrations or samples to showcase the benefits firsthand.

4. How can I handle difficult customers during a party or demonstration?

If you encounter a difficult customer during a party or demonstration, it is important to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that meets their needs. If necessary, involve a manager or offer to follow up with them after the party. It is also important to remember that not every customer will be satisfied, and that is okay.

5. What are some ways to show appreciation and maintain relationships with repeat customers?

Some ways to show appreciation and maintain relationships with repeat customers include offering special discounts or promotions, sending personalized thank you notes or gifts, and staying in touch through email or social media. You can also ask for their feedback and suggestions to show that their opinions are valued. Remember to always provide exceptional customer service to keep them coming back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookery
Replies
Views
D Levad
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat