• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Help Whip Cancer Month & Fundraisers??

In summary, the American Cancer Society gets an extra 5% from PC when it is designated as a HWC fundraiser. There are usually just two months a year that this is done- May and October. PC usually gives more money to HWC in May, but last year they did it in October too. If you want to do a fundraiser for HWC, the best way to do it is to ask people in March. You can also check out the CN for more information or post in the "How-to" thread to get help from other contributors.
brendaziz
So how is may specifically dedicated to help whip cancer? Is it specifically just the pink products focus? Or is there an emphasis on doing HWC fundraisers that month also? or are those encouraged anytime.
I saw a flyer in the files where pc gives more % to HWC than other fundraisers. Is that ongoing or only in certain months??
Thanks!

In the past, you could designate your fundraiser a HWC fundraiser, and the American Cancer Society would get an extra 5% from PC. It's usually just a May thing, although I think last year they did October too. We'll probably get more details in next month's CN.

Just revisiting this-
So is this def something that they will do in May then?
And it will more than likely be similar to october how they will give 25% instead of 15% ???

Thanks!

Yes, you will get more information to come.

You can check out the March 2009 CN and the HWC section of CC for details of how it worked last year. I'm sure CC will be updated in March for this year.

HWC is in May and October. All pink products sold contribute $1 to the American Cancer Society in those months. The cool part is that if you decide to do a fund raiser there is a special button that will only appear in May in P3 so you can designate the fund raiser to HWC. This will give up to 25% of the sales to the American Cancer Society. I believe this holds true in October as well. Now, the reason for two months is that May has been the traditional month PC does HWC because of Mother's Day. But because October has been designated officially as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we do it then too. The main difference between the two months is that currently all sales in October are on-line only. In May we get new products to carry to parties, show off and sell. In October they sell, on-line only, what they have in stock. So it may be leftovers from this May or several years back. Either way, it is a great cause and the number you see by my info as high sales, is one of my HWC fundraisers. That was two years ago. Last year I fell short by about $100.

John-
Did you use a special flyer or letter to promote the fundraiser? I hve two relay for life teams that are interested in fundraisers. Would ayou mind perhaps starting another "How-to" thread?

I use absolutely nothing special as far as printed items go. The host bonus is useless to me as I combine all the orders for the entire month into one big fundraiser. So the only thing I use is the guest specials flier. Then, I use my calendar and my voice. In fact, I have already pulled out my May calendar. By March 1, I will be asking all the people I asked last year to schedule time for me to sit with our products at some sort of venue whether it be the church's flower sale, my sister-in-laws back yard, or my favorite morning restaurant's lobby and even my own garage. Last year, I sat for 11 days at various places and took orders. I told them about the month long, yes, month long, fund rasier I was doing. They agreed to let me use some sort of space. Then I simply asked everyone to come to place orders, we did place some posters and newspaper ads but I think the new paper ads did not do as much good as we had hoped. Most guests were from word of mouth, I told them why it was important, who and what it would benefit and that WE would be giving 25%, as I expect no less, to the American Cancer Society. This year I will ask new places and people to make this even bigger and better. I actually already have a mental list of those places and people. You see, with HWC, my heart takes over. I have no fear and I am on a mission. "I have 18 reasons I do Help Whip Cancer. You have at least one!" is my motto. I have lost three friends and I know 2 people fighting right now and 13 are survivors. I do this for them. So it becomes easy. Oh I should mention here to that I ask a lot of friends and family to help sit with me too. I have at least 6 other people who help me organize and sit to take orders. Many of my reasons are theirs too.

You said "we give 25%" do you give your commission as well? How did you handle deliveries?

Love your motto! I have a dear friend who was recently dx with breast cancer- this is definitely more personal now :(

We actually have the capacity to give cash donations as well. OO I forgot to mention that. I do send in my commission but HO gives 25% of the sales when we exceed $600 in sales. Then of course there is the $1 from each pink item sold. There will be a specific form placed on CC in May for the extra monies you want to donate. I do ask everyone for a round-up then I simply scrape them off and do the cash to HWC. Last year, I got the form in later than was needed to get the official recognition at NC for the donation. Too bad so sad, that is not why I do this so I didn't care. It went where I wanted it too so...
All you need to do is put your heart into it and you can make that difference too. And you can honestly say that you have 2 reasons you do this. Do this for you, and all the people in your life. I used only people who have gotten it and survived, one that did the total mastectomy to prevent it and the three that fought valiantly but lost the fight. Dang, you made me cry. I miss them!

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing how you do HWC!
I am very excited about being apart of this fundraiser aspect.

John- did you deliver each order individually or did you set up a pick up time and place?

Thanks for being patient with all of my questions!

Lori

Hey Lori - no question in regards to what we do, whether it is a fundraiser, HWC or whatever is a problem.
I handled it this way. I used the multiple part order forms. So each guest had to write in an address and phone number. Then I put the initials of where that order came from. WG came from the Wooden Goose Cafe and DN came from Denise Nendza's Wienie Roast and so on. When they placed their orders I gave the option to come and pick their orders up where they ordered it from and I would call them as to when I would be there. Or I could have them direct shipped for a price. I had everything delivered to me that was not direct ship, I bagged it all up and set up the pick up dates. Then I simply sat for an hour or two while people came and got their stuff. If they did not, I was able to leave the items with the person whose place I used as a hub. Because I had good people helping me, they carried through and helped after the stuff came in too.

What is Help Whip Cancer Month?

Help Whip Cancer Month is an annual fundraising event organized by Pampered Chef to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support programs.

When does Help Whip Cancer Month take place?

Help Whip Cancer Month takes place every October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

How can I get involved in Help Whip Cancer Month?

There are several ways to get involved in Help Whip Cancer Month. You can host a fundraiser party, purchase a limited edition pink product, or make a donation directly to the American Cancer Society.

Where do the funds raised during Help Whip Cancer Month go?

All funds raised during Help Whip Cancer Month go to the American Cancer Society to support their breast cancer research and support programs.

Is there a specific goal or amount that Pampered Chef aims to raise during Help Whip Cancer Month?

Pampered Chef does not have a specific goal or amount in mind for Help Whip Cancer Month. Our main focus is to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support, and any amount raised is greatly appreciated and will make a difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • talkintrac