• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How should I set up for craft fairs?

You can also offer a "show special" where they can place an order at the fair and receive a discount or free gift with their purchase. This way, they can still get the product they want but also have the option to order additional items from the catalog. In summary, when setting up for craft fairs, it is important to have your products on display and not sell them directly from the table. Instead, focus on making connections and booking cooking shows or offering the business opportunity. It is not recommended to invest a lot of money in cash and carry items, as it can be difficult to predict what customers will want to purchase. Rather, consider offering a show special
ashleypc
Im new to this sort of thing.....How are we supposed to set up for craft fairs? I mean, do we have all brand new items set out still in their packages or have them opened and sitting on the table? I see alot of tables set up with items opened and sitting on the table but what about if the item is a gift for someone? Wouldnt they want it to still be in the box it came in?

You set up your products to show. You take orders just like at a show. Items are delivered,new with warranty. You can do a raffle to get names and contact info, offer incentives for people to book shows (I did "book a show today, get your pick of anything from my tool turn about free at your show").

Check the threads about vendor fairs for pictures and such.

Don't you have customers wanting to buy those products though? Since every other booth has a table/s full of products to buy right there and then doesnt it seem wierd to a customer to not be able to actually buy the physical item right there that they are looking at? It seems a bit wierd to me I guess.

You can place a "cash and carry order" under a personal order and are then allowed to sell it at full price on the table to make your 20%. Most people do want to take it along as they fear they might not see you or their products again.

If they are familiar with PC they won't think it's weird. I never do cash & carry because I want every customer to have the warranty that comes with their purchases. Plus, you never know what people will want...you spend your own money on stuff and then people don't want what you have! And, if someone is interested in becoming a consultant, stops by your table, they see all this stuff you've had to invest in to sell, they could be scared off thinking they have to put out a lot of upfront money.

I do not do fairs/vendor events for the sales. I do them for the contacts, the sales are a bonus. Your efforts should be in making connections, learning people's needs, booking cooking show and offering our business opportunity.

Check out these two threads.The first has great tips and things we've learned doing booths. Learn from other's mistakes and successes. :)
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/things-ive-learned-doing-booth-table-51121/ANd this one has photos of booths that folks have done, to give you some ideas.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/booth-photos-feel-free-post-your-photos-too-58011/ I always have my stuff out on display, and I do not sell anything on the tables. I did cash-n-carry once, but not successfully. If you are new, it's not worth investing any money to do that...trust me! Some people may ask if you are selling a specific item, and you CAN if you choose to- just let them know it comes as is/out of box, etc. If it's new, you can certainly tell them it's new. Then sell it for what it costs, and just order another one for yourself to replace it (if you want).Good luck!

esavvymom said:
Check out these two threads.

The first has great tips and things we've learned doing booths. Learn from other's mistakes and successes. :)
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/things-ive-learned-doing-booth-table-51121/

ANd this one has photos of booths that folks have done, to give you some ideas.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/booth-photos-feel-free-post-your-photos-too-58011/

I always have my stuff out on display, and I do not sell anything on the tables. I did cash-n-carry once, but not successfully. If you are new, it's not worth investing any money to do that...trust me! Some people may ask if you are selling a specific item, and you CAN if you choose to- just let them know it comes as is/out of box, etc. If it's new, you can certainly tell them it's new. Then sell it for what it costs, and just order another one for yourself to replace it (if you want).

Good luck!

GREAT advice!! Thank you so much!

DO NOT invest too much money in cash and carry items!! You will end up with a bunch of stuff you cannot get rid of. We have too many items in our catalog to try to figure out what individual people want to buy. If you want cash and carry items, consider some of the top sellers - mix n chop, season's best, etc. I only do cash and carry because I have extra items I need to get rid of, not because I spent a lot of money to buy the stuff to try to sell.

What people will want is so unpredictable that there is really no way to do cash and carry effectively. I did one a few weeks ago and everyone wanted Mix N Chops and Batter Bowls. The one I did on Saturday I had three different people want a garlic press and three others want an apple wedger. You can't know what someone is going to ask for. The only cash and carry I have at vendor events are items that I earned and already have or items that I purchased at 60% off when doing my own show. I have never bought things specifically for an event like that. It's more about the contacts you are making than trying to make a sale. If you are focused on sales you won't make the contact in a way that will get you future business and a long term customer.

We did cash-n-carry once at a group event...and it was just a table with items we all had extra in our inventory. We did NOT order anything for it. Extra host items, extra Season's Bests, discontinued products, etc. Everything was still in a box/package, so "new/unused". We discounted them of course a bit- especially discontinued stuff.In your case, if you are new, you wouldn't have accumulated much of that stuff yet, so I wouldn't worry about the Cash-n-Carry. Just mentioning it for future reference (or for anyone else reading this who MIGHT have that stuff laying around).

1. What are craft fairs?

Craft fairs are events where artisans and craftsmen gather to sell their handmade goods. These can range from small local markets to larger events that attract vendors from all over the country.

2. How do I know if my products are a good fit for a craft fair?

The best way to determine if your products are a good fit for a craft fair is to research the types of vendors and products that are typically featured at the event. If your products align with the theme or target audience of the fair, it may be a good fit for you.

3. What are some tips for setting up a successful booth at a craft fair?

Some tips for setting up a successful booth at a craft fair include having a visually appealing display, offering samples or demonstrations, having clear pricing and product information, and engaging with customers. It is also important to have enough inventory and to be prepared for different payment methods.

4. How can I promote my participation in a craft fair?

You can promote your participation in a craft fair through social media, your own website or blog, and by using the event's marketing materials and hashtags. You can also reach out to your existing customers and let them know about the event.

5. What are the benefits of participating in a craft fair?

Participating in a craft fair can provide various benefits including exposure to new customers, networking with other vendors, and the opportunity to make sales and gain feedback on your products. It can also be a great way to test new products and get a sense of what resonates with customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twopamperedchefs
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jessicafawn