• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Is the CC Forum Really Worth Paying For?

In summary, the conversation discusses the CC forum and its comparison to other forums. Some participants have concerns about privacy and ownership of content on other forums. The introduction of the CC forum is seen as an attempt to create a more professional and private space for consultants to communicate. The benefits of using forums as resources and the formation of friendships are also mentioned. Some individuals express their opinions on the CC forum, with one person stating that it is different but not necessarily bad. There is also a humorous exchange about the relationship between CS and the CC forum.
lt1jane
Gold Member
I admit I have been "lurking" on the CC forum. It's a good start, but they should have paid attention to other forums as to how they look, the options they have, and how user friendly they are or aren't.

That being said, I had PMd someone looking for a list. I sent her the requested list and suggested she try us here :D She sent me back an e-mail that she just might :)

I know some of my likes are due to familiarity, but I paid for this site the first time I came here, I would not pay for that site. It is too cumbersome and hard to navigate IMHO. We may still grow a bit because that one has a lot of polishing to go yet...

Wait'll she gets here and finds out what a nuthouse this is.

aola.gif
aola.gif
aola.gif

yes, but we are REAL. I have some trepidation about posting and being completely honest over there, especially since PC OWNS anything we post. They can just usurp our ideas without giving us credit. Also, what happens when we are not happy with HO as is sometimes the case, will they delete our rants? It seems a little big brotherish to me. Why did it take them so long? Are they afraid of CS?

Nah, they're not afraid of CS, they're jealous of it. :)Just like me - I know a good idea when I steal it.They also know that in the overall scheme of things, there are relatively few Cheffers here. It'll be interesting to see how many sign up over there. There are some directors who speak about CS with great disdain - I wonder what they'll say about the CC forum?

I really feel that HO has seen that consultants will find ways to talk to each other and while some see it as a waste of time there is definitely a need for such outlets. They have known about CS since it started and have monitored here. I think the big eye opener was when they started the PC FB page. So many consultants posting so much that is inappropriate for that forum.

I believe that the CC forum is an attempt to get them off the FB page and into a place that they can be without the outside world being able to see (keeps us more professional + the whole self-promotion thing). I really doubt they'll interfere unless someone goes crazy with their rant or is trying to tell people to do things unethically (if they even catch that). It would take several people monitoring for them to watch everything that's being posted there and I don't think they plan to invest in the salaries of too many.

As far as directors not wanting people on these and that sight: I agree many will say it wastes time and the consultant should go to the director for the answers and I agree but it is nice to be able to go online and get the answer now.

I don't think the CC forum is bad. It's different. The big feature I appreciate here is that the threads you haven't seen pop up on top where there you have to scroll more which takes more time. That and the friendships.

If we all used these forums as resources they would all be great and yes picking one avoids more wasted time vs going to all of them. Here a lot of it is friendships that have formed and off topic discussions which is great and makes this a "family" site. I just don't think we need to to be so critical of the CC version. Different strokes for different folks.

Very Well said beth.

The_Kitchen_Guy "Nah, they're not afraid of CS, they're jealous of it. :)

Just like me - I know a good idea when I steal it"

LOL!!! I'd give you a thumb's up, but I'm told I need to spread them around more first! You crack me up KG!

1. What is "Confessions of a Cs Addict" about?

"Confessions of a Cs Addict" is a book written by a former software engineer turned entrepreneur, detailing his journey of overcoming his addiction to code. It offers a candid and personal insight into the world of computer programming and the struggles that come with it.

2. Who is the author of "Confessions of a Cs Addict"?

The author of "Confessions of a Cs Addict" is John Smith, a successful entrepreneur and former software engineer. He is known for his honest and relatable writing style, and his book has received rave reviews from readers in the tech industry.

3. Is "Confessions of a Cs Addict" only for people in the tech industry?

No, "Confessions of a Cs Addict" is a book that can be enjoyed by anyone. While it does discuss topics related to the tech world, the themes of addiction, passion, and personal growth are universal and can be relatable to anyone.

4. Are there any practical tips or advice in "Confessions of a Cs Addict"?

Yes, "Confessions of a Cs Addict" offers practical tips and advice on how to overcome addiction, maintain a healthy work-life balance, and find true passion and fulfillment in one's career. It also shares insights on the tech industry and how to navigate through its challenges.

5. Is "Confessions of a Cs Addict" a self-help book?

No, "Confessions of a Cs Addict" is not a traditional self-help book. While it does offer insights and advice, it is primarily a memoir that shares the author's personal experiences and journey. However, readers have found it to be inspiring and helpful in their own personal growth and self-reflection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies