• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Pack for Conference?

In summary, when preparing for a conference, it is recommended to bring comfortable, casual business attire, a sweater, a notebook, and a small first-aid kit. Other suggestions include a small umbrella, business cards, contact information for upcoming hosts, and tips for tipping. It is also helpful to have a plan for organizing notes taken during classes, such as using notecards labeled with different categories. Additionally, it is advisable to wear comfortable shoes and bring snacks and water to keep energy levels up. Some other tips include bringing a pedometer to track walking distance and obtaining a Chef Success badge for identification purposes.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I am so excited for conference. I signed up last night. I found a room and a babysitter for the kids here at home. Now what do I need to bring?

I downloaded the checklist from HO, but what do you guess bring?

Good for you!!! There are some great past posts about this. You might want to search through those listed as "conference" to see what folks listed. Just an idea!

Comfortable casual business clothes are preferred - the best bet I found was to look at the pictures in the brochures as to what everyone else wears - shoes must be comfy since there is alot of walking!!

Definately bring a sweater (some rooms can get cold) and a notebook (or 2). I filled mine up at LC very fast.

Some added ideas:Small first-aid kit (slip a few band-aids in a zippered bag along with small container of your favorite tummy tablets)Small Umbrella (if you have it, you won't need it)Ones for tipping cab drivers, food servers, bell hops, etc.Contact information for upcoming hosts so you can send them each a postcard about all the great ways you're learning to give them a great showThere are lots of tips posted here:http://www.chefsuccess.com/f56/countdown-wave-one-36992/

Check out some of the count down to conference threads. I know on Wave One, our lovely Raebates is making a suggestion a day.

Some are funny...but...real situations that some of us have run into!

Oh, and business cards to swap with other PC'ers. You will make lots of new friends and it's the easiest way to swap contact info!

be sure you pack Imodium!!! don't ask how I know, just take my advice!

And for the aging crowd:
Zantac
Tylenol
Buffered Asprin
your 50 medications prescribed to you
your reading glasses
and if you want...well I guess it Depends!!:yuck: :D

I know these would have come in handy before they realized we could use the converted mens rooms!!!

baychef said:
And for the aging crowd:
Zantac
Tylenol
Buffered Asprin
your 50 medications prescribed to you
your reading glasses
and if you want...well I guess it Depends!!:yuck: :D
HAHAHAHAHAHA That was funny Ann!!:p

This is what I have saved in a document so I don't forget!

Conference Musts:

2 note cards: Love it, Do it NOW!! and Like It, Do it LATER!
Umbrella
Comfy shoes/ breathable business casual clothes (humid in Chicago!)
Chef success badge
Business cards
Binder/ legal pad/pens
Camera/batteries/extra disk for camera
Spending $$
Goodies/chocolate/etc for munching back at the hotel/good snacks for during day
Kleenex
Water bottle (can refill at the convention center)
Earplugs
Clock/Timer

BTW- the two notecard idea is from Julie Weiss...keep them with you and only write down a FEW SELECT ideas from your classes that you really want to implement for your business. This helps keep you from being overwhelmed by 15 pages of notes....

LOL - almosted needed "one" after reading that post Ann - too funny!!

I always bring a few snacks and some water as well - to keep the tummy full and energy going -

How do I get a ChefSuccess badge?

Also... What is the deal with the tips on the cards?

Pins for your ribbons?

cookingwithlove said:
How do I get a ChefSuccess badge?

Also... What is the deal with the tips on the cards?

Pins for your ribbons?

One card is labeled: Wow! Do it now! You'll write on it ideas that you can implement immediately.

Another is labeled: Cool! Do it soon. On it you'll write the ideas you want to implement in the next couple of weeks or months. These will most likely be things that take a bit of set-up.

You can also have a third card labeled: Think about it. This would be for things you want to be sure to consider further.

These will be separate from your notebook. This makes the ideas easy to access, remember, and implement.

I wore a pedometer last year - amazing how much you walk!

pamperedlinda said:
That is the truth!!!!!! I was amazed at the daily totals!

raebates said:
One card is labeled: Wow! Do it now! You'll write on it ideas that you can implement immediately.

Another is labeled: Cool! Do it soon. On it you'll write the ideas you want to implement in the next couple of weeks or months. These will most likely be things that take a bit of set-up.

You can also have a third card labeled: Think about it. This would be for things you want to be sure to consider further.

These will be separate from your notebook. This makes the ideas easy to access, remember, and implement.

Rae...thanks for putting that into words MUCH better than I did!! I'll just blame it on baby brain.... lol

My pleasure. We called it placenta brain. :)

Love the ideas! Keep them coming.

pamperedlinda said:

I am a pedometer junkie.. it's always on. NC is a great way to get a ton of steps in!

What should I bring to the conference?

It is recommended to bring a notebook and pen for taking notes, business cards to exchange with other attendees, and a water bottle to stay hydrated. You may also want to bring a small bag or purse to carry personal items, and any necessary chargers for your devices.

Will food be provided at the conference?

Yes, there will be meals and snacks provided throughout the day. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions, it is recommended to bring your own snacks or notify us in advance so we can accommodate your needs.

What is the dress code for the conference?

The dress code for the conference is business casual. You want to look professional and put-together, but you do not need to wear a suit or formal attire. Comfortable shoes are also recommended since there will be a lot of walking and standing throughout the day.

Will there be any opportunities to network at the conference?

Yes, there will be designated networking breaks and activities during the conference. This is a great opportunity to meet other attendees, exchange ideas, and make valuable connections. We encourage you to bring your business cards and be open to meeting new people.

Do I need to bring any products or materials for the conference?

No, you do not need to bring any products or materials for the conference. However, if you have any specific tools or items that you would like to showcase during networking or workshops, you are welcome to bring them. We will provide all necessary materials and supplies for the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
reba515
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • yummybytes