• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breastfeeding While Attending Conference: What Are My Options?

You just have to ask for one at registration.In summary, the person is asking for suggestions on attending a conference while still breastfeeding her 7-month-old son. She is concerned about being able to breastfeed or pump during the conference and whether her mother can attend with her. Another person suggests pumping before the conference and using a pumping room during the conference. The person also mentions that they cannot bring the baby to the conference or on the shuttle. However, the conference provides a nursing mom room for pumping. They also mention finding a pumping partner at the conference.
mbh06
Silver Member
Okay I need some suggestions please. I would love to attend conference, but my youngest DS will be 7 months old and I intend on breastfeeding him still. He will be on solids, but I don't like to supplement w/ formula. I did not know how many breaks we got and if someone came w/ me to watch him (maybe my mother) if I would be able to breastfeed him in between sessions. If not, I would need to pump. What types of activites would he & mom be able to attend. I know I'd have to pay for my mom, but would I for him? How much would I expect to pay for my mom? I would like to go, but like I said, if it is going to be too much of a hassle I probably won't go b/c I can not be away from him that long while breastfeeding.
Thanks for you help!

Could you pump for a week before conference and then you wouldn't have to use formula, and while you are there you can pump. When I went last year, I was still breastfeeding my son and so was my director. The whole weekend we were both pumping in between sessions. It was also nice because it was the first time that I hadn't been woken up in the middle of the night since he was born.

Your son will not be able to go with anywhere at conference. We tried to take our 5 week old daughter last year to see the vendors and the new product room, but we couldn't take her in there. You cannot take him on the shuttle either. However, they will supply you with a nursing mom room key so you can pump between meetings/sessions. It is secluded and they give us water to drink while pumping.

It can be done, but they can't do anything with you.

So they have a pumping room or do you have to let them know? It won't be that bad b/c he'll be 7 months old. Hopefully I'll have a pumping partner... anyone going to conference that will be breastfeeding durring wave 2?? :) Ha, that probably sounds weird to some people, huh?

They have a pumping room and it is locked. Only the pumping/nursing moms get a key.

What are my options for breastfeeding while attending a conference?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that breastfeeding is important for both the mother and the baby. Here are some options to consider:

Can I bring my baby with me to the conference?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your baby to the conference. We have designated areas for breastfeeding and diaper changing to make it more convenient for you.

Is there a lactation room available at the conference venue?

Yes, we have a designated lactation room available for nursing mothers. Please let us know in advance if you will need to use this room so we can make arrangements.

Am I allowed to take breaks to breastfeed during conference sessions?

Absolutely. We encourage you to take breaks as needed to breastfeed your baby. Please inform your conference organizer or session leader if you need to step out for a break.

Are there any accommodations for storing breast milk at the conference?

Yes, we have refrigerators available for storing breast milk. Please label your milk clearly and let us know if you will need storage space.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • erinb
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • supergirljennie