• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Secure Your Stay at Top Conference Hotels | Don't Miss Out on the Best Deals!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the annual conference for a company, specifically the announcement of conference hotels and the experiences of attendees at previous conferences. Some attendees recommend using Priceline to book hotel rooms, while others prefer staying at the conference hotels for convenience and networking opportunities. The conference itself is held at McCormick Place with the Executive Banquets at the conference hotels. There is usually a conference rate available for the hotels, and attending the conference is seen as beneficial for one's business. Overall, the conversation highlights the excitement and importance of attending the conference.
pkd09
Silver Member
Any idea when they will announce Conference Hotels for this year? I looked back at last years hotels and found Sheraton, Palmer Hilton and Chicago Hilton. Last year our cluster scrambled for rooms because they were taken almost immediately. We were lucky to get the Holiday Inn. I work with a guy who recently got $49 a night at the Sheraton on Priceline. Has anyone else tried this ahead of time? Recommended??

WAVE 2 --- SO EXCITED --- SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Last time I went the girl who booked our rooms used priceline...or something similar. We booked in a hotel about 6 blocks from the conference hotel. Suppose to have 2 rooms with 2 double beds...we got 2 rooms with 1 double bed and was told the hotel didn't even have rooms with 2 double beds. Hotel also didn't have vending machines or an ice machine. If you wanted ice you had to have them bring it to you from the desk. If you wanted a coke you had to go to the bar downstairs. Old hotel. It was nice, but cramped. I won't be doing that again. Just going to stay at the conference hotel. With our time so limited we had to always take a cab. Even sharing a cab it would cost 7-10 a day. After paying cab fare we didn't save any money over conference hotels.

I will definitely stay at a conference hotel as well. We had to take a cab ALL the time and it really stunk. We ran out of money FAST taking cabs all the time.

Plus, if you stay at the conference hotels and ride the bus back and forth, there's more of a chance of meeting other wonderful cheffers!

:D Thats so true!!!

I stayed at a Conf Hotel last year and it was great. We took a few cabs, but the shuttles were great~

We do the conference hotels every year, specifically the Hilton as that is where our Exec Banquet is.

We always grab a few rooms the first day registration is open.

We did priceline a few years ago. Stayed at the Knickerbocker, a historic hotel (translation: OLD!) We thought we'd still save money even with taking cabs. The problem was that I'd ride in a cab with 3 others and they suggested taking turns paying for the cab so we didn't all have to chip in little bits. Great idea until you couldn't find the same 3 people to catch a ride back to the hotel. It was a HUGE hassle and I vowed NEVER again.

EXCEPTION: I stayed in the Hyatt McCormick two years ago. It's attached to the McCormick center. Great rooms and I never had to stand in line to get a shuttle. It was a bit of a hike across the pedway but after sitting all day I thought the exercise was good for me :) No problems with crowded elevators, etc. Tried to get rooms there last year but it was booked. If I could get a room there I'd do it again.

Where is the coference physically held? Is it different every year? Do the conference hotels come with bargain prices?

What are the conference hotels again?

Jilleysue said:
What are the conference hotels again?
They haven't been announced for this year yet.

but last year they were Chicago Hilton, Palmer House Hilton, and Sheraton.

The conference itself is held at McCormick Place with the Executive Banquets held at the hotels.

Does PC give us discounts to the hotels? B/c the hotels from last year are all coming up at $250-300 per night..... OUCH!

There is a Conference rate, usually about $150 a night.

Thanks Ann! That makes me feel a lot better!

I noticed your signature...your 'disclaimer' is cute! lol It's meant to be funny, right? :)

chefann said:
There is a Conference rate, usually about $150 a night.
Oh really ...OK PHEW

Jill...you DEFINATELY should try your best to make it work. Conference was so much fun and very inspiring. PC treats us so well there and the excitement level is amazing. You won't regret it!

I LOVE Conference!

Where else can you find an auditorium full of thousands of people who are wetting themselves in excitement over spatulas in a new color?

OK- that's a slight exaggeration. But only slight. :)

Jill- it really will make a difference in your business. Thinking back over my Director's cluster and all the people who have been in and out since I started, those of us who have gone to Conference every year are the people who have stuck with it. We may not be the most successful (yet!), but we're hanging in there.

Ann, you make me laugh!!! No exaggeration ... there are women who wet themselves over a color change in spatulas (keeps Depends in business). Last year was my first year with PC and I went to conference. I had sooooo much fun. Definitely going again this year. Will probably enjoy it more because I won't be so overwhelmed at everything (may even get some sleep - oh who am I kidding, having so much fun don't want to take the time to sleep). If anyone is on the fence about going ........ JUST GO. You won't regret it.

WAVE 2 .... YIPPEE!!!!!

I went for the first time last year & vowed never to miss one if I could help it! The excitement level is amazing & it really shows what you can accomplish! I'm trying to get my recruiter to go--she's been doing this 4 years & has never gone. I know she would just LOVE it! I go with my director. She always stays at the conference hotels--can't remember which one. We only took a cab the first day b/c one of my roommates earned TPC & we went to dinner to congratulate her, but didn't want to miss the awards night. So we didn't have time to walk. Every other day we just walked to dinner.

OMG - ya'll are cracking me up. I know a few of us who were wetting ourselves over the salad spinner. When we saw in the picture before they announced it the murmurs were going up and down the aisle.

I haven't stayed anywhere but a conference util while in PC but had gone to a different conference. The people who organized it said oh we will be saving money - we can walk to the confernce hotels etc. That was awful, I had the worst blisters on my heels and ankels. I was exhausted and never got to see the others at the conference. I highly recommend you consider staying at a Conference Hotel and if you don't then stay some where very very very close to one them where you can ride the buses with the other cheffers.

We stayed at Palmer House last year. It was a nice hotel and I had to say that I loved how organized everything was, and how easy it was to get around via shuttle.

I can't wait to go!! I'm stoked!!!:D

I love conference! I can't wait!

1. What amenities can I expect at a conference hotel?

Conference hotels typically offer a range of amenities to make your stay comfortable and convenient. These may include meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment, high-speed internet access, fitness centers, restaurants, and business centers. Some conference hotels may also have on-site spas, pools, and other recreational facilities.

2. How do I book a conference at a hotel?

You can book a conference at a hotel by contacting the hotel directly or through a conference planning service. It is important to provide the hotel with the dates, number of attendees, and any specific requirements or requests for the conference. The hotel staff will work with you to create a customized package that meets your needs and budget.

3. Can I negotiate the room rates for a conference at a hotel?

Yes, it is possible to negotiate room rates for a conference at a hotel. Many hotels are open to negotiating rates, especially for larger groups or multiple events. It is important to have a clear understanding of your budget and needs before entering into negotiations with the hotel.

4. Are meals included in conference packages at hotels?

Most conference packages at hotels include meals, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, the specific inclusions may vary depending on the package and hotel. It is important to discuss meal options and dietary restrictions with the hotel when booking your conference.

5. Can I earn rewards or points for booking a conference at a hotel?

Many hotel chains offer rewards or points programs for booking conferences or events at their properties. These rewards can be redeemed for future stays, upgrades, or other benefits. It is recommended to inquire about reward programs when booking a conference at a hotel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Back