1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Conference for Newbies

1. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Ok I'm pretty sure this topic isn't under the right category (bookings) so my apologize in advance.

I was looking for newbies advice from those seasoned veterans...especially those who have attended NC.

Question: Do you feel that Conference is beneficial to newbies? I'm just starting in June and I'm intrigued by Conference but I really had not set aside the time from work nor planned financially but I'm torn by how much success I have read about the sales difference. If anyone that reads my posts haven't figured out yet...I have 'issues' with planning and am trying to ensure my success by having all of my ducks in a row...a very straight row. :angel:

I know there is no way of knowing but am I not setting myself up for as much success by not going? For those who have gone but didn't go at the beginning of your career with PC - do you wish you went sooner?

Thanks to all for helping me align my ducks. :chef:

May 28, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

If you can go, you should go! It is a great opportunity that only comes around once a year. I signed in November and knew I was going by December.

May 28, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

But if you cannot, then look for the workshop recordings later. A few weeks after the conference, they'll usually post many (if not all?) of the workshops on the Online Training center's Resources section. I joined in late August 2008, and that's what I did- I have listened to lots of the old workshops from the 2008 National Conference and Leadership conference(s). In fact, you can start listening to LAST years workshops now (I'd suggest you do so or save them to your computer- since the 2008 recordings will be removed before the 2009 recordings are uploaded).

I've not been to the live conference yet and am looking forward to it. I'm sure the energy is just as important as the material covered, but you can at least get the speaker workshops later.

May 28, 2009
  4. I just started back as a consultant and am like 90% sure I'm going. My team just can't say enough about it, and how much it helped their business. I think now is the perfect time for us newbies! Jennifer

May 28, 2009
  5. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

If you can, you should totally go! It's such an amazing experience and LOADS of fun! I signed a year ago (in April) and decided in June to go to last years conference. I was so happy I did!

May 29, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Conference is very valuable. However, don't be concerned if you can't attend this year. As Bobbi pointed out, you can get recordings of the workshops later. That's not quite the same as being there, feeling the energy. Still, you need to make the decision that's right for you.

May 29, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

For me... I wish I had gone my first year. (I signed end of March) I thought it was not for me since I was so new. WRONG! I think it would have helped me see the possibilities sooner and create better habbits from the start.

Now... you have to think about what you want from PC. Is it just a fun hobby or do you want to work it full time and maybee quit a full time Job.

Tip... I reccomend this to everyone especially if you work outside the home... If you go to conference, make sure to plan time into your schedule after conference to implement your plans. If you do not do this it makes it much more difficult and you will have wasted your time. I know from experience. July is an extremely busy month for me with family obligations.

As others have said if you cannot go this year do not stress over it. There are many other learning opportiunities!

May 29, 2009
  8. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

take a small packet of kleenex
    i have heard Doris speak numerous times and I cry EVERYTIME!!! she is so inspirational

May 29, 2009
Have something to add?