• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Checklist

redneckgleasonx4

Novice Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2005
I know there used to be a checklist of things not to forget for conference.

I can't seem to find it. Could someone please post there's?

Thanks.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Here's what I found:

National Conference Checklist

Conference package (which includes your meal tickets, workshop tickets and your name badge) [You’ll get your package at National Conference. You will want to bring copies of your registration and hotel confirmations, though.]

Umbrella (if you bring it, it won't rain!)

Comfortable Business casual clothes for day time/ 1 dress outfit for Banquet night.

Make-up, blow dryer, curling iron, brush, comb shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, deodorant

Safety pins, band-aids, emery board, q-tips and small scissors (hey, you never know!) - maybe even a small sewing kit with needle and thread

Visine (for those red eyes in the morning!)

Notebook, pens, and a yellow highlighter marker

Camera with extra batteries and film

Extra bag (for all the goodies you'll be bringing home from Conference) or leave some room in your suitcase when you pack!

Comfortable pair of walking shoes

Sweater/light jacket (for cold conference rooms and late night walks)

Business cards (lots of them!) and put your e-mail address on them too. You may want to put a business tip on the back. People will be asking you for you best tip! Be prepared!

SASE's to give to speakers in case you want handouts or extra information (write what you want in the upper fold, so they remember what you requested).

Cell phone/calling cards in case of emergency, etc.

Gum, candy, breath mints

Insulated water bottle

Chips, fruit, snacks, small cooler for your room

Advil, Tylenol, Tums, Pepto Bismol or Imodium

A copy of your latest newsletter to share, trade,

Catalogs and recruiting/ show info (for people you may meet and talk with during your travels)

Bring pins you've earned and wear them with pride

Tissues - for those tear-jerker sessions

Sunglasses/hat

Bathing suit (if you want to go swimming in the hotel)

Money/travelers checks/credit card/debit card

Comfortable shoulder bag or briefcase to carry with you at all times with most of this stuff in it! [Though, remember that you'll get a bag at NC. I take my stuff in a PC order bag so I can fold the bag up and carry it without much trouble.

Small waist/fanny pack to hold money, camera, etc. if you go into the city

And a smile!!!!!!

THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING EVENT YOU CAN BE A PART OF WITH THE PAMPERED CHEF, SO HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited:

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
It mentions a conference package...is that just something from a different year? We don't have any paperwork or anything we're supposed to bring, right? I never got anything anyway, so I'm hoping I'm not missing something. :blushing:

Flamingo

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2006
That is something you will get when you get there... It is what you pick up the first morning....at regestration....

lmradlein

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
It mentions a conference package...is that just something from a different year? We don't have any paperwork or anything we're supposed to bring, right? I never got anything anyway, so I'm hoping I'm not missing something. :blushing:

Hope not! Because I didn't get anything either and I'm leaving in the early morning!

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks! As a first timer, I'll add this to my checklist so I'll have both! Packing already for Sunday!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Not to worry, Andrea's right. You'll get that when you check in at registration.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks for clarifying. I was assuming that was the case, but since no one really pointed that out I was getting nervous. :blushing: (I hate being a very literal person)

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
The list comes from the HO. [I added the tip about using a PC bag.] It's always struck me as a little weird that the first item was even there, since they darn well know that we don't get it until we get there.

I'm going to edit that post for clarification.

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Is it "notebook pens" or "notebook, pens?" I thought someone said we'll get a notebook in our Conference package.

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Thanks Deb! And, ugghh, another thing to add to my shopping list (which is mental at this moment, so, of course, I'll forget something - good thing I'm going shopping with my friend/Director on Friday!!).

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Sarah, remember that you'll be in Chicago, not the outer reaches of Siberia. There is very little that you couldn't pick up once you get there.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
MAJOR REMINDER FOR ANYONE TAKING A MEGABUS OR ANOTHER BUS - MAKE VERY SURE YOU CHECK TO SEE HOW MUCH BAGGAGE YOU CAN TAKE!
WE HAD PROBLEMS LAST YEAR BECAUSE THERE IS A 1 BAG LIMIT ON THE MEGABUSSES!!!! We had luggage in the isles of the bus making for a pretty dangerous AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE situation. We would have had major problems if we had needed to get out quickly! It is stated on the website - not on the tickets so make sure you check this out!!