• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the best ideas to share at conference?

In summary, the conversation was mainly about the upcoming conference and what ideas the participants were planning to share. One person was excited to learn about recruiting techniques and increasing sales, while another shared their success with a new show format that involved less stress and resulted in higher sales. They also discussed tips for attending the conference, such as bringing a rolling backpack and not overwhelming oneself with too many new ideas at once. The conversation also touched on the importance of making parties fun and enjoyable for guests, rather than just trying to sell products.
twinkie10
Gold Member
What are your BEST ideas you are going to share with everyone at conference?

What do you want to learn at conference and what do you want kind of knowledge are you looking to gain at conference this year?

I'm getting excited..... I'm leaving on Wednesday!

I want to ask people about recruiting techniques. I have yet to get a clue or have anyting really great stand out in my mind to get motivated enough to work with. So...
As far a what to share well, I share with anyone who asks a question so...
The biggest thing I might share is my success with the new show format. And I do not mean the hands on the way all of you think of. If you took the on-line class about Maximizing Your Cooking Shows, you know there are TWO TYPES of hands on shows. One where every one is designated a job. I use the other one. I do most of the work. I talk to my guests and host about hosting, booking, my job, and the guest specials. I ask if they have any questions. This takes about 15 minutes. Then I say, "well are you ready to eat? If so, I am going to get started on our recipes, (explain them here!) and I really could use some help in the kitchen." I always get helpers. The others talk and visit, sell themselves on products and what not for about 1/2 hour. My sales have gone up. I average about $650 per show. Each order is usually so close to the $60 mark I can puch them over fro the freebie if they didn't do it them selves. I am booking and holding more shows from shows too. It's great easy and much more fun for me too! A LOT LESS STRESS INVOLVED!
So there it is.

I can't quite believe NC is in one week!

I want to learn:
- recruiting by example - i have a feeling that i am turning people off to the idea of being a consultant or just putting out a desperate vibe or something. i want to learn how to go beyond the talk and behave in a way that will motivate people to sign
- increasing sales per person

I feel qualified to share (not much)
- how to turn an order into a show

John thank you for sharing already - i like the way you do your interactive shows. it lets you say your piece, involve those who want to be involved, and let others socialize and shop.

Tip 1.

Bring a rolling back pack

Tip 2
Don't go home wanting to do everything you learn ,do 1 or 2 things for a while see how they work for you then move on to something else

chef131doreen said:
Tip 1.

Bring a rolling back pack

Tip 2
Don't go home wanting to do everything you learn ,do 1 or 2 things for a while see how they work for you then move on to something else

That is the BEST tip!!
I started bringing a rolling backpack in 2006 and WOW what a difference!!!!!

Oh yes and one very important piece of info. I have not called what I do a Cooking show for almost 2 years now. I have cooking parties! Or Pampered Chef Parties. Or Catalog parties. (Show just automatically makes people assume it is gonna be dull, ho, hum why bother.) Why should I make it a special point ot go when someone is gonna be talkin at me for an hour trying ot sell me soemthing I don't want, can't afford and have no idea what to so with once I get it. Then they'll try to talk me into selling the crap too!
I never want ANYONE feeling that way when they find out I am the consultant of the P A R T Y!!!
I say Party hardy Marty! I even have no poblem serving alcohal where appropriate or wanted. I have not problem letting my hosts run the party either. I had a $700 plus party ont he night of a bad snow storm. Worked out great. We stood around the kitchen island talking and having mulled wine and cocktails. I simply was putting together 4 hot dips. It was funny how just about every one asked if they could help. picked up something and how many of those items I found on order forms. I actually never even mentioned anyting about PC. I never got a chance to do my openning 15 minutes even! I am not joking. I got $700 in orders, and 4 bookings which have already happened. TOO COOL! No push, no bull, no SHOW! Just gossip and good times and $700 in orders.

wow, that's awesome John! I have to admit I never thought about it that way. Thank you!

pampered1224 said:
I want to ask people about recruiting techniques. I have yet to get a clue or have anyting really great stand out in my mind to get motivated enough to work with. So...
As far a what to share well, I share with anyone who asks a question so...
The biggest thing I might share is my success with the new show format. And I do not mean the hands on the way all of you think of. If you took the on-line class about Maximizing Your Cooking Shows, you know there are TWO TYPES of hands on shows. One where every one is designated a job. I use the other one. I do most of the work. I talk to my guests and host about hosting, booking, my job, and the guest specials. I ask if they have any questions. This takes about 15 minutes. Then I say, "well are you ready to eat? If so, I am going to get started on our recipes, (explain them here!) and I really could use some help in the kitchen." I always get helpers. The others talk and visit, sell themselves on products and what not for about 1/2 hour. My sales have gone up. I average about $650 per show. Each order is usually so close to the $60 mark I can puch them over fro the freebie if they didn't do it them selves. I am booking and holding more shows from shows too. It's great easy and much more fun for me too! A LOT LESS STRESS INVOLVED!
So there it is.

Wow! Thank you. I have been struggling with this new format. My business was booming but since I switched to the new "hands On' I'm lost. I am going to retake that class and get re-inspired!
Everyone always says "it's your business, do it the way you want". It's hard not to go with the flow when it's what the HO suggests!

pampered1224 said:
I use the other one. I do most of the work. I talk to my guests and host about hosting, booking, my job, and the guest specials. I ask if they have any questions. This takes about 15 minutes. Then I say, "well are you ready to eat? If so, I am going to get started on our recipes, (explain them here!) and I really could use some help in the kitchen." I always get helpers. The others talk and visit, sell themselves on products and what not for about 1/2 hour.

Have to hijack a bit here because I'd like some clarification. I understand that you talk to everyone together as a group. Then do you go away from the group and work on the recipe? When you are working on the recipe and have asked for help, do you just use the tools and not really talk about them? I'm VERY interested in this format. I'm always trying to make my parties quicker. . .this sounds like a possible plan.

Thanks so much for the information!

1. What is the purpose of the Conference - Best Ideas event?

The Conference - Best Ideas event is designed to bring together Pampered Chef consultants from all over the country to share their best tips, tricks, and ideas for growing their business and providing excellent customer service.

2. How do I register for the Conference - Best Ideas event?

To register for the Conference - Best Ideas event, you can log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Events" tab. From there, you can select the Conference - Best Ideas event and follow the prompts to complete your registration.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Conference - Best Ideas event?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend the Conference - Best Ideas event. The fee covers the cost of the venue, materials, and other event expenses. The fee may vary depending on the location of the event.

4. What should I expect at the Conference - Best Ideas event?

The Conference - Best Ideas event will include keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and networking opportunities with other Pampered Chef consultants. You will also have the chance to learn about new products and business strategies to help you grow your business.

5. Can I bring a guest to the Conference - Best Ideas event?

Unfortunately, the Conference - Best Ideas event is only open to registered Pampered Chef consultants. However, you can encourage your friends and family to join Pampered Chef and attend the event with you next year!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • otisbg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates