• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Us at Conference 2011: July 7-9 for Networking, Education, and Inspiration

In summary, the official dates for next year's conference are from July 7th to 9th, with the possibility of an additional day before for newbies and directors. This is a much better time frame compared to this year, where attendees had to take the whole week off of work. Also, ending on a Saturday allows for cheaper airline tickets and more time to enjoy the city. Registration fees for conference can be paid for through various promotions and incentives, and anyone is welcome to attend regardless of sales goals. It is a highly recommended experience for all consultants.
Rosechef
Is July 7 through 9th

Has this been officially announced?

My director forwarded an e-mail from Robin Shilling stating this as well.

Much better dates than this year. This year I had to take the whole week off of work. Next year only a few days. Thank you for posting.

My director posted it in her Monday Motivational - yesterday - but I was afraid to put it on here. I am excited as I do think travel will be much easier - I am glad they announced it early as July 4th week is a big vacation week across the country. I am getting psyched already!:sing:

YAY for much better dates :)

I would image it ending as usual.... 1pm on Saturday giving us extra time to stay and shop or travel home. Wonder if they will do the day before thing again?

This is actually a really good time - ending on a Saturday - because airline tickets, especially during the summer, are usually much cheaper if you stay over a Sunday night. That will keep everyone from being rushed and give them time to enjoy the city. I'm sure it will be enough of a difference to make up for the extra hotel night once it's split between several people.

Loving the dates, thanks for posting!!

So is Conference only 3 days next year? I thought that it was 4 days last year? Or will the Directors stuff be on the 6th maybe?

It was Monday-Thursday last year (12th-15th), but the Monday stuff was a lot of first timer stuff. Actual conference started on the 13th. But I don't know if they're doing that again this year or what. I guess time will tell! But I'm super dooper excited!

So is it still just one wave then? No other dates mentioned?

They indicated last year that the switch to one conference in stead of different waves was permanent. (Well, as permanent as anything ever is.)

For those concerned that its not 'official' its listed in the last Newswire. That's as official as it gets. I wish they would say if there is newbie & director things the day before like years past but either way, I'm simply thrilled with the days of the week since I work FT and its less vacation time I have to use. WAHOO!

My daughter's birthday is the 7th!! :( She is just turning 5.... I guess I won't be going in 2011.

Melissa78 said:
For those concerned that its not 'official' its listed in the last Newswire. That's as official as it gets. I wish they would say if there is newbie & director things the day before like years past but either way, I'm simply thrilled with the days of the week since I work FT and its less vacation time I have to use. WAHOO!

When this was first mentioned it was not made official by PC. I would guess that they would say if there was a day before thing. They used to throw everything all in three days so that must be what they are going back to.

Melissa78 said:

And less childcare I have to arrange! WAHOOOO! It was hard this year with having to figure out childcare for 4 days.

Exactly Becky, less time for figuring out what to do with the kiddos! YAY!

Indulge a newbie here... who gets to go to conference? Are there sales goals that need to be met? Does anyone go for free? Sorry if these sound like dumb questions... I've not looked into any travel benefits.

Anyone can go
There's a fee to go HOWEVER
a) It totally pays off in the end
b) You can WIN your admittance fee by hitting certain goals in the spring time.

Everyone is invited to attend conference. No sales goals need to be met. I believe you can even bring a signed agreement to registration at conference and sign up and pay for conference on the spot.

Early bird registration last year was $200. There is usually a promotion a few months before conference which allows consultants the opportunity to earn Conference for free. You can also sign up for Conference Club on CC so that HO will make deductions out of your commission checks that you can then use to pay for conference and other expenses (fully refundable).

Conference is a fabulous experience, I highly recommend it. It gives you a new perspective on your business, plus it's a lot of fun to just hang out with other PC people. HO will most likely have hotels with blocks of rooms reserved, but the details will be announced closer to the actual dates.

Oh, and there are no dumb questions (except the ones that don't get asked).

You've gotten good answers to your questions. I'd just like to add that PC's conference is very inexpensive compared to those of other DS companies I've heard of. And, it's worth twice the cost. If you can go without creating a hardship for yourself or your family, I suggest that you plan to attend.One other great thing about PC is Conference Club. You can sign up now to have a certain amount deducted from each month's commission. When you sign up for NC that money pays for your registration. Anything left over is sent to you with your next commission. If you decide not to sign up the full amount is sent back to you. There's no risk at all.

Anyone and EVERYONE can go! No sales goals to meet. I know a guy who went year before last who had signed 3 days prior!
They offer an incentive around April where you can earn it at half price or free. Might be different but that has been the norm lately. There is a Conference Club on consultant corner where you can set up for them to take a little out of your check each month to help you save up. You can book your room through consultant corner too(once registration opens). We usually share w/ 3 other ppl. So four to a room. You can get a room on your own but the hotels they offer have shuttles that run from the hotel to the conference center all day.

Def a plus to your biz if you can go! LOTS of great info and energy!!

ok.... didn't see all the other answers before i posted :) That is what I get for posting early in the AM. hehe

ShelbyMichalek said:
Anyone can go
There's a fee to go HOWEVER
a) It totally pays off in the end
b) You can WIN your admittance fee by hitting certain goals in the spring time.

EARN! :thumbup:

While I'm not doing PC anymore, I just want to say that even at full price, the conference registration is worth it (yes, when I was a consultant, I went to the conferences). In my new venture (not DS), there is a conference that I can attend. It's $549 for registration. Plus, another $500 per year to join the guild. Then you add the hotel costs and it's really pricey!

Can I bring my sweetheart? (we are not married)
Of course, we'd pay for registration and any fees.

BlueMoon said:

You can bring anyone you'd like as a guest :) You'd be just fine! - when we register, there is more info on that for costs, etc...but you can also do Conference Club now to help offset those costs then.

Thanks Becky! I can hardly wait to meet some of you all!

BlueMoon said:

Of course your sweetheart has the option of not going to conference and just experiencing Chicago while you are busy. But one thing I've heard couples do before is to split up the workshop classes that they are doing. So instead of going to all workshops together, you basically have the option of having your sweatheart go to different ones than you are to gather notes for you!

magentablue said:
Indulge a newbie here... who gets to go to conference? Are there sales goals that need to be met? Does anyone go for free? Sorry if these sound like dumb questions... I've not looked into any travel benefits.

EVERYBODY SHOULD go!!! You can earn free conference with various promotions, I think, starting March or April. I went for the first time last year and LOVED it!!!!!!! I have already set up my conference club account.

Conference Club is where you can have money taken out of your comission check to cover the cost of conference.

if you bring a guest is it the full regestration? Can you give me an idea of what it cost last year?

what airport do you usually fly into for conference? o'hare or midway?

Either airport is OK, but Midway is closer. I would use whichever airport gave the best price!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Either airport is OK, but Midway is closer. I would use whichever airport gave the best price!!

thank you!

Ladies when I go to registration it says it is 7/12-7/15 Am I missing something ?

gailscookingbiz said:
Ladies when I go to registration it says it is 7/12-7/15 Am I missing something ?

Conference registration isn't open yet for 2011. I believe those were this year's dates.

You'll hear lots about registration after the first of the year. It usually opens in April. And, yes, those were the dates for 2010.

I'm excited for conference! I hope I am able to go again, my husband is leaving for Afghanistan on monday, and I'm not sure when he comes home... it's around that time! I recommend to EVERYONE the Conference Club! I paid for conference last year that way, and got refunded some money for an extra paycheck, lol. I just signed up again, and think everyone should! It's so risk free!

pamperedchef88 said:
if you bring a guest is it the full regestration? Can you give me an idea of what it cost last year?
Yes- a guest would be full registration, and the last two years I went it was $200 for conference itself. If you share a room with up to 3 other consultants, you can save money on the hotel. If you are bringing family (as I do) ,then obviously hotel is higher- budget about $200 a night (some cheaper, some more depending on where you stay). I stayed at the Embassy, and walked 1 block to catch the Conference shuttle( free). It was about $200 a night with taxes, etc. My family was with me. They were one block off of Michigan Ave or the river, and they could walk about 3 blocks down to Navy Pier. So it worked well for my family.PC Provided Breakfast (2) and 2 lunch. We were on our own for other meals.The last two years, Pampered Chef has run a promotion to earn Free or Discounted conference registration. (I think usually in March or April).Hope that helps with some forethought and planning. :)

magentablue said:

everyone can attend conference and last year you could earn discounts I think in March based on sales level just like the new product promo. You can also sign up to have money taken out of your comission each month to put in your conference account

I am hoping to go in 2011 I didn't get to go this year

These dates might be hard for me. That's a popular week for everyone to pick for vacation and there's quite a few with more senoirity than me that might choose that week.

Where in Chicago is the conference typically held? This will be my first one :D

McCormick Place......a HUGE facility - the size of many football fields.
Google it - to get the proper perspective!

fotojunkie said:
Where in Chicago is the conference typically held? This will be my first one :D

HO will also have designated hotels at which they block out rooms for us to reserve and have bus/shuttle service between these hotels and McCormick Place. Check with your cluster about where they plan to stay. Some consultants book a hotel that's not an official hotel, but is very near one of the official hotels (I think one of them is right next to the Hilton), so they don't have to walk far to get to the buses.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites last year - it was one block over from the Sheraton that PC booked for conference goers. I just walked the one block to catch the shuttle. I liked Embassy because they provided a full breakfast buffet plus afternoon snacks- which was a money saver for my family- who was with me. Plus, we walked the 4-5 blocks towards the water right to Navy Pier, or one block up to the Magnificent Mile.

I like the dates. I have always had the Thurs, Fri, Sat dates for conference in previous years. I am not that crazy about it being one huge conference tho. It was fun last year but I think it lacked the "intimacy" (for lack of a better word) of the smaller conferences. I liked how the year before last they kept it all to one side of McCormack. So much easier to find where you needed to go. I just don't know if I will go again.

I have 3 spots available at the Embassy suites. 1 blk from shuttle. Free breakfast, Free 2 hour happy hour in the evenings has a living room with a hide a bed and 2 double beds. [email protected]. Contact me if interested.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCLaurel
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PCLaurel
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • kreaser