• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When is Conference 2007 and how can we find out?

In summary, Conference 2007 is going to be in July, but HO has not told us which wave we will be in yet. If anyone knows when they can find out, please post. It is definately worth going, and people usually bring their spouses.
Wave Three for me! But, this means DH is going to have to take more vacation days... His company is on shutdown until the 15th. The Thur, Fri and Sat conferences work much better for the Ballard family:)

Anne, I am in Wave 3 w/ you. Let's see if we actually get to meet this time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can go to leadership! See you there!

pamperedalf said:
Anne, I am in Wave 3 w/ you. Let's see if we actually get to meet this time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can go to leadership! See you there!
It would be great!

AJPratt said:
We talked a little about this before last conference but never actually go to do anything except the hotel room door signs that KG created.

I think it would be great. We could all send you $ for it.

Hey, I made up some stickers to put on our badges for conference, and I used mine.

But it looks like I will be in wave 1, that is if I can make it 2 years in a row was pushing it.

Wave 1 for me. This is the first time I have been in Wave 1.

Last year was so funny. I was in the restroom at Giordanni's restaurant and there were other Pampered Chef Consultants in there. Laughing, one of them asked, "Are you a Cheffer?" Of course I got to answer yes. Then I met another Cheffer on one of the buses.

You just never know when one of us will show up!

Lisa

jdavis said:
But it looks like I will be in wave 1, that is if I can make it 2 years in a row was pushing it.

Hey Jen,

Looks like we're together again! I hope you can make it, we'll have to plan something.

Wave Three...third year in a rowWe are in Wave 3 for the third year in a row! Looks like we're in a much different group though. It's been basically the same people the last two years...which I'm not complaining about, but part of the reason I go is to meet new people!

All that being said, I don't know if I'll be going. Baby #4 is due March 14, and I really don't want to bring the whole family with me!!!! Way to expensive! :eek:

I'm definitely planning on Leadership 2008, but that's a long ways away!

I am in wave 3 and ann I love the piggy bank idea so cute

Wave 3 for me this year. That really stinks after being in Wave 1 two years in a row.

I would be in Wave 2, but I'll be home with a newborn stuck to me- I'm glad that I am not in a wave with a ton of Cheffer's because then I would feel REALLY sad!!

I am in wave 1! i just dont know if i am going.
My director told me that I was close to Doris! This is how my line goes...
Doris CHristopher
Randy Sue Weiss
Elizabeth Barr
Linda Bell
ME!

I think that is how it goes

I'm in Wave 3. I was wondering, though...when you all say "Chicago," do you mean that it's actually in the city limits, or is it out in the 'burbs by HO? And does anyone know how much money I should plan on having handy? I won't need a hotel room or airfare or any of that stuff since I only live about 20-30 minutes from HO (depending on traffic).

:D

That's a great idea!

Ann, I'm in wave 1. Yippee!!

jentapp said:
I'm in Wave 3. I was wondering, though...when you all say "Chicago," do you mean that it's actually in the city limits, or is it out in the 'burbs by HO? And does anyone know how much money I should plan on having handy? I won't need a hotel room or airfare or any of that stuff since I only live about 20-30 minutes from HO (depending on traffic).

Conference is held @ McCormick Place right next to the Lake. I've got pics of the lake from the 3rd floor of the conference center.

Last edited:
I am in wave 2....

And so looking forward to it.

conf.
jentapp said:

When I had called HO this yr close to 06 conf. they said Chicago, not close to HO. I have cousin's who live near Chicago, but If I can manage to make it this yr. (I'm saving money thru my show sales thru PC) just a matter of getting the days off. would be GREAT if my days were Thurs, Fri, Sat as FRi,/ SAt currently are my normal days off anyways :)

HTH

DebbieJ said:
Wave 3 for me this year. That really stinks after being in Wave 1 two years in a row.

I totally agree with ya!

WOO HOO!! Wave 1 for me this July! (I was in wave 3 for two years straight:rolleyes: )

Jen,

The conference is IN Chicago, and this year I commuted into the city each day- NEVER again. The days are long, and add the commute time on to it, I did not enjoy the conference as much as I could have, just because I was exhausted. I never saw my hubby either, so I figure if I have to go without seeing hubby anyway, i would stay in the city. This year I will have a room down-town, and enjoy conference.

It looks like everyone is in wave 1!! anyone in wave 2???

I was in Wave #1 this year, will be wave 3 next year

Sounds like there's interest in buttons.

I'll try to work one up this weekend. What I won't do is add a markup to the price, so I won't actually make anything on the deal. I feel that it's not right for me to do that. Cafe Press charges $1 shipping on one button, which sounds about right (considering that it's heavier than a greeting card). BUT, I'll order a bulk bag of them, and anyone who wants to deal directly with me may do so.

I'll start a new thread about the buttons when I have them done.
:) :) :)

chefann said:
Sounds like there's interest in buttons.

I'll try to work one up this weekend. What I won't do is add a markup to the price, so I won't actually make anything on the deal. I feel that it's not right for me to do that. Cafe Press charges $1 shipping on one button, which sounds about right (considering that it's heavier than a greeting card). BUT, I'll order a bulk bag of them, and anyone who wants to deal directly with me may do so.

I'll start a new thread about the buttons when I have them done.
:) :) :)

Hey Ann,

I'm in! Let's get the buttons colorful so they will stand out. I know at conference I really didn't look at the buttons people were wearing (other than the fact that some people really had alot of them). From what I remember, most of the ones that HO gives out are all sort of the same color. Pretty much the only ones that I would notice were the ones that were bright colors. So, with that being said, let's have something bright that stands out if we can.

I see that we are both in Wave 1 - let's definately plan a get together one evening. I don't relly know my way around Chicago, so I'm afraid I'm not much help in picking out a central meeting place. I can follow a map though so wherever is fine with me. I flew in the day before conference started last year and will be doing so again this year so maybe doing something then would be best. From what I remember, once conference starts there really isn't much free time for anything.

See you in Chicago!
Linda

letscook04 said:

I'm in wave 2. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet.:)

I'm in wave two also! I'm so glad that it's the end of the week. I babysit my two nephews & the mom of one of them doesn't work on Thurs or Fri--so we'll only have to find someone else for a day! This year I ended up needing them to find someone for a whole week b/c I was in wave 3 & my ride couldn't come back until Thursday (& I was just TOOOOO tired on Friday!). I can't wait! Last year was my first year & I told hubby that I was going every year if I was able to!

I am in Wave 1 this next year... maybe I won't be so star struck..... if your worrided about not affording to go or not, sign up for confernce club they take 19.00 out of your pay check once a month to pay for confernce registration!!!!! That is what I did, I think it was in August of this year that I did that!!! But we need to have some way to regionize each other at confernce!!!

We should probley start a thread for each wave and all the Cheffers that are in Wave 1 so we can get buttons or some sort of ribbons for our bages and plan on a dinner or something!!! I dont' know Chicago very well but I am sure if we stuck close to our hotel we could find something!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Ann,

I'm in! Let's get the buttons colorful so they will stand out. I know at conference I really didn't look at the buttons people were wearing (other than the fact that some people really had alot of them). From what I remember, most of the ones that HO gives out are all sort of the same color. Pretty much the only ones that I would notice were the ones that were bright colors. So, with that being said, let's have something bright that stands out if we can.

I see that we are both in Wave 1 - let's definately plan a get together one evening. I don't relly know my way around Chicago, so I'm afraid I'm not much help in picking out a central meeting place. I can follow a map though so wherever is fine with me. I flew in the day before conference started last year and will be doing so again this year so maybe doing something then would be best. From what I remember, once conference starts there really isn't much free time for anything.

See you in Chicago!
Linda

There's a separate thread about buttons for Leadership and Conference.

Sweat deal thanks ANN

gilliandanielle said:
I would be in Wave 2, but I'll be home with a newborn stuck to me- I'm glad that I am not in a wave with a ton of Cheffer's because then I would feel REALLY sad!!

So would we!

mrssyvo said:
The conference is IN Chicago, and this year I commuted into the city each day- NEVER again. The days are long, and add the commute time on to it, I did not enjoy the conference as much as I could have, just because I was exhausted.

Hmmm....Linda said the same thing about staying downtown, but I figured it was because she lives at the far end of Lemont. Maybe I WILL stay downtown afterall even though I'm also only about 20-30 minutes from McCormack. :D

jentapp said:
Hmmm....Linda said the same thing about staying downtown, but I figured it was because she lives at the far end of Lemont. Maybe I WILL stay downtown afterall even though I'm also only about 20-30 minutes from McCormack. :D

Plus, you can share a hotel room with 3-4 of your cluster-mates & it's like a fun girls trip!
You should all sign up for conference club....it really helps make it affordable. Anyone that can work it out; it is SOOOO worth going:D

WAHOOOO!!! WAVE 1

Jennifer
Promoted to Director on Sept 1st.

HAPPY DANCE!!! WALKING ACROSS STAGE AT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT 2007!

Linda, add me to that list! I am so excited and I really want to try and go!!

SusanBP0129 said:
Hmmmmm.....
Do people bring their spouses? Is there 'free time' to sight-see,etc?

Nope, very little time for much! lol. You are up EARLY if you want to eat, and workshops, assemblies, and banquets all day. There is a spouse event... and if you arrive a day early or leave a day later you'd have time... but it is EXHAUSTING!

Conference 1 is July 9 - 11
Conference 2 is July 12 - 14
Conference 3 is July 16 - 18You guys need to get your Franklin Covey 2007 Calendars!!!:DOh and Conference is TOTALLY worth it!

Does HO send out the consultant planners each year? This is my first full year so I'm not sure. If they do, when will they send it?

Never mind....I just found out on WLPC2 that they will come around Thanksgiving. Bummer.

Wave 2 here..

an idea about meeting up. I seem to remember that last year after the workshops were finished, before the awards and banquets was a period of time, a few hours. We could meet up at the host hotel, where the buses take you, in the lounge or somewhere inside. Just an idea.

What is WLPC2??

I'm in wave 2. I think a whole gaggle of us are going to be attacking Amtrak. We're in Southern IL, so we take the train up. Last year, we had to do a change request so my director & I weren't with the rest of our group. This year though, watch out! :)

mrssyvo said:
Jen,

The conference is IN Chicago, and this year I commuted into the city each day- NEVER again. The days are long, and add the commute time on to it, I did not enjoy the conference as much as I could have, just because I was exhausted. I never saw my hubby either, so I figure if I have to go without seeing hubby anyway, i would stay in the city. This year I will have a room down-town, and enjoy conference.

Yep. I commuted my first year and it was grueling. I stayed at the Hilton this year and it was A BLAST!!!!!!!

letscook04 said:

I'm in Wave 2! This year was my first conference and I was in Wave 3...
I'm pretty sure I'm going next year...one of my goals is to promote to director before July 07 and I'm pretty sure I'm signing my 3rd recruit on Sunday...

Either I wasn't paying attention but I didn't know you were in wave three!!!!

cat said:
I'm in Wave 2! This year was my first conference and I was in Wave 3...
I'm pretty sure I'm going next year...one of my goals is to promote to director before July 07 and I'm pretty sure I'm signing my 3rd recruit on Sunday...

mommyhugz1978 said:
Either I wasn't paying attention but I didn't know you were in wave three!!!!

Well, that makes two of us that weren't paying attention!

Anyone know what the Hotels will be this year?
Schel

Well, it's usually the Hilton and Sheraton and they threw in Palmer House this past year due to other events going on in town at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • esavvymom