• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When is Conference 2007 and how can we find out?

In summary, Conference 2007 is going to be in July, but HO has not told us which wave we will be in yet. If anyone knows when they can find out, please post. It is definately worth going, and people usually bring their spouses.
schel
Anyone know when Conference 2007 is going to be yet? If not when can we find out? I need to put in for my time off in October or I may not get to go next year. I almost didn't get to go this year but I whined and whined and worked till the last minute to be able to go. I want to plan for it next year and need to request off at work this October.
Anyone know? :confused:
Schel

Email or call HO. Conference is always that general 2 week period in July, but it will be several months before they tell us which wave we will be in. I would call today and explain my situation if I was you.

I didn't get to go this year, but I am definately planning to go next year...since I won't be working this full time job anymore. I am counting down the days until December 31.

If HO lets you know when it is please post. :D

just wondering -how much does the conference usually cost? how long is it? 2 days? not sure if it is worth it to go or not.....
thoughts? opinions?

It is DEFINITELY worth it to go. I went to conference for the first time this year & plan to go every year! The workshops, networking with other consultants is just something you don't get anywhere else! Plus it's so awesome to see the big picture & see how many people get TPC & realize it's not out of reach! I even got to try on the ruby ring (one of my roommates earned TPC for the first time this year) & you can bet I plan on walking some day soon!

I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but remember that it is ALL a tax write-off. It's 3 days long.

Hmmmmm.....
Do people bring their spouses? Is there 'free time' to sight-see,etc?

SusanBP0129 said:
just wondering -how much does the conference usually cost? how long is it? 2 days? not sure if it is worth it to go or not.....
thoughts? opinions?

OMG....it is soooo worth going:) It is the best PC experience you can have-you meet so many people, learn so many new things, and see the HO & Chicago!! Check out the threads in the conference 06 section here....it's archived; you can't post there but you can read how excited we all were about it both before & after!

You mostly get to see Chicago from your hotel window and bus windows. It's a very full-packed three days (sleep? Who needs sleep?) so if you want to see any of Chicago, plan a couple extra days. There are an awful lot of interesting things to see within walking distance of any of the hotels, but there is really no time for the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planitarium, Field Museum, Art Institute, Museum of Science and Industry (which is a little juvinile but there are some great displays for kids of all ages!) not to mention River North, shopping on State Street or Michigan Avenue (The Magnificent Mile) or Water Tower Place.The the most important thing - AND THIS IS CRITICAL - book your hotel rooms as soon as you get notification from HO, or you'll be living in a tent in Lincoln Park.

SusanBP0129 said:
thoughts? opinions?

It is definately worth it!! Some parts more than others of it, but I am so glad that I went! I think that if I didn't go I definately would have not been doing as well as I am right now.

Schel

My director told us a few weeks ago that our cluster is in Wave I, which is July 9-11, so it must be posted somewhere (KG, you are too).

Diane

dianevill said:
My director told us a few weeks ago that our cluster is in Wave I, which is July 9-11, so it must be posted somewhere (KG, you are too).

Diane
I just put it in my calendar so I'm not going be in Lower Slobovia that week.

dianevill said:

Diane

Are the clusters usually in the same wave each year or do they switch them?
Schel

They switch. I was in Wave 2 for the past 2 years, and I believe Wave 3 the year before that...

Diane

Ok I will tell you that I was not sure that conference was worth the cost even after I got home. I did not have a great time. I was on a bus ride from you know where and then had 2 horrible classes. I did however get to take Belinda Ellsworth's class and a great class on the website. I also only had around 8k in points towards the trip so not on track at all. I got home and had 3 shows scheduled for July. Well none of them got submitted. I had a whopping 58 dollars from an online order for July. I was still convinced I had wasted my money. I decided I would go one more time and see how I felt then.
Well, in August, I had 3100 in sales and in September 3478 in sales and already have over 2k this month with 5 shows to go, 7 for November, 2 for December, 2 for January and one for March. I am now about 4k in points away from the first level of the trip. I also got my 15k in career sales in September. How did this happen? Well, I used the info I got from Belinda's class and it increased my sales and my recruit packets handed out. I used the info from the website class and my online orders for shows increased 3 fold. Before conference, my highest month ever was 1964 in sales. I will definitely be going every year and next year I will go for free! Is it worth it? Absolutely. I am a true convert now even after a disappointing time (or so I thought then)

Sorry so long but had to tell the story.

Wow Melissa! Great job! What a way to turn lemons into lemonade! Were there certain things you learned in Belinda's class or the website class that helped? I didn't take either of those classes & am now kicking myself for not taking Belinda's class after hearing how great it was!

dianevill said:
They switch. I was in Wave 2 for the past 2 years, and I believe Wave 3 the year before that...Diane
[singing voice] Well, we're movin' on up... [/singing voice]

Conf. 2007
schel said:
Anyone know when Conference 2007 is going to be yet? If not when can we find out? I need to put in for my time off in October or I may not get to go next year. I almost didn't get to go this year but I whined and whined and worked till the last minute to be able to go. I want to plan for it next year and need to request off at work this October.
Anyone know? :confused:
Schel

I have the same problem, however down here at my current job that I"m seriously planning on leaving very soon, we're lucky to get two days in a row off :( I have a baby half-brother in OH that turned 2 last week that I have yet to meet, my oldest half-sister goes to the Shriner's Hospital in Chicago and is planning on going in July sometime so my family is willing to meet me there, all I have to do is get there!!!!

I would rather doubt if HO would even give us the weeks, :(

but ya never know!

Some things she talked about were dressing for business at all times (don't be a slob when going to the store), keeping a mini kit on hand to show when someone asks, always know your next three open dates. She also covered recruiting and selling to some extent. Well, she inspired me to buy her step into success CD set and I listened to it all the way back from conference. It was a great investment. Since I have been back, I have handed out more recruit packets then all of the rest of the 2 years I have been doing this put together. I still haven't signed anyone but at least I have gotten comfortable with this.

The website class talked about not sending more than 8 or 9 invites at a time due to the fact that most email providers consider it spam if you send to more than 9 people. They also talked about host coaching to make sure that they are using the website. I also started putting stickers on the invitations that I send out telling them how to order from the website.

I would have to get out my notes to see what else was talked about. I basically took what I liked from the classes and CDs and ran with it.

To address what someone else asked about having time to sight see, I took my Mom with me and we stayed the entire week and made it into a vacation. We will probably do this again next year. It was great fun and will be a memory I treasure when she is gone.

Do a search on Belinda Ellsworth on this site and you'll get lots of great info.

Conference was AMAZING! I would say between registration hotel, airfare, and meals it cost about $500. Spouses are welcome and I plan on bringing mine next year!

Where can I find the Wave/Schedule info?

Will try to x-post this, tooI love conference. Not only as a business-building event, but as a chance to get to know some of the consultants in my Senior Director's group a little better.

But I know that it can be a little hard to come up with the money, especially for people who are already living paycheck-to-paycheck. There are a couple of things that will help with that.
  • Sign up for conference club. If you set aside a couple extra bucks each month, you'll get the extra back later, just when you need it to pay for hotel or transportation to Chicago!
  • Share a hotel room. Seems obvious, but there are a lot of people who don't think of it. If you're with people you like and can work out a bathroom schedule, you can successfully put 4 consultants in one room.
  • Reward yourself for good business habits. (see below for the "pig" promotion)

The pig promotion
My cluster did this a couple of years ago and it really worked. Everyone gets a plastic piggy bank at the beginning of the year. They put money into it as they do specific things, and get additional money from their Director as recognition at meetings. At the end of the year, everyone has money for travel/hotel/meals/spending at conference.

There is an info sheet attached with more details.

--
BTW, if you have the Franklin Planner refill, the dates are probably in there. Mine is on its way (ordered 2 days ago). And if you're on good terms with your Executive, they may know already.

Attachments

• PiggyChallenge.doc
    32 KB · Views: 302
AJPratt said:
Do a search on Belinda Ellsworth on this site and you'll get lots of great info.

Conference was AMAZING! I would say between registration hotel, airfare, and meals it cost about $500. Spouses are welcome and I plan on bringing mine next year!

Where can I find the Wave/Schedule info?

I have brought mine two years in a row -- the first year he came to the general session where i walked as a new director and to the exec banquet. It's great having him around to share in my excitement - and during "off" times we go sightseeing and shopping and just enjoy some one-on-one time together :)

are spouses allowed in the confrence? do they have to pay the fee?
How much is the fee (with hotel, airfare, etc.)

sarahmarie,

There is a spouse/guest type of registration. It includes the general sessions, most meals, etc. I believe that it's the same as consultant registration- $175. Hotel and transportation are dependant on where you stay and where you're coming from. Typically, the conference hotels are about $150 a night plus taxes for 2 or more people in the room. And your total cost for the hotel will also depend on how many nights you stay - by coming into Chicago the morning of Day 1 and leaving the afternoon of Day 3, you can get by with only 2 nights lodging.

Sorry I can't help more with what the guest/spouse package includes - my hubby wouldn't be caught dead at conference. :rolleyes:

Just got my Covey planner....

Wave 1 is July 9-11
Wave 2 is July 12-14
Wave 3 is July 16-18

So....guess your wave and request your dates off! :)

LOL. Ok, so is there any way to find out which wave we are in?

chefann said:
Sorry I can't help more with what the guest/spouse package includes - my hubby wouldn't be caught dead at conference. :rolleyes:
Awww - he won't get to meet me, then.

Which is probably a good thing for him.

congrats and how
dollfangs said:
Ok I will tell you that I was not sure that conference was worth the cost even after I got home. I did not have a great time. I was on a bus ride from you know where and then had 2 horrible classes. I did however get to take Belinda Ellsworth's class and a great class on the website. I also only had around 8k in points towards the trip so not on track at all. I got home and had 3 shows scheduled for July. Well none of them got submitted. I had a whopping 58 dollars from an online order for July. I was still convinced I had wasted my money. I decided I would go one more time and see how I felt then.
Well, in August, I had 3100 in sales and in September 3478 in sales and already have over 2k this month with 5 shows to go, 7 for November, 2 for December, 2 for January and one for March. I am now about 4k in points away from the first level of the trip. I also got my 15k in career sales in September. How did this happen? Well, I used the info I got from Belinda's class and it increased my sales and my recruit packets handed out. I used the info from the website class and my online orders for shows increased 3 fold. Before conference, my highest month ever was 1964 in sales. I will definitely be going every year and next year I will go for free! Is it worth it? Absolutely. I am a true convert now even after a disappointing time (or so I thought then)

Sorry so long but had to tell the story.
do you get to go for free next yr?? Did you win a challange or something?

tia

how did you find these out and how do you know
DebbieJ said:
Just got my Covey planner....

Wave 1 is July 9-11
Wave 2 is July 12-14
Wave 3 is July 16-18

So....guess your wave and request your dates off! :)

which wave you're in???

tia

They assign which wave we're in by who our Executive Director is. They usually announce it around January I think....you can check with your director though; see if she knows.

Soothenrelax said:
do you get to go for free next yr?? Did you win a challange or something?

tia

I will get the first level of the trip so I will get 300 conference dollars

I doubt my director would know... I love her but I usually find out stuff before she does. LOL

If your Director doesn't know, ask her to ask her upline and so on until someone has the answer.

Or, heck - ask for the whole 10 off and then cancel the parts you don't need off. ;)

chefann said:
Or, heck - ask for the whole 10 off and then cancel the parts you don't need off. ;)
I like that idea!

chefann said:

That's a great idea! That way you can cancel the days you don't need to take off, but you can keep the conference days PLUS a day or 2 after conference to implement your conference plans! :D AND CATCH UP ON SOME SLEEP!:p

Glad you ladies liked that idea. Sometimes it just takes a different way of looking at things to come up with a solution. That's why this board is so great - lots of people willing to help, who all think differently (some of us, quite twisted). :)

AJPratt said:
I'm in Wave #3. Drats. Its listed in the Nov CN.

Well, darn, Anne. I'm in wave one, so I won't get to meet you.

Say, would anyone here want to get buttons for leadership or conference to identify each other? I can (sometime this weekend) create something on Cafe Press that has a chef's hat and "Chef Success" with a place for people to write on their ID with a marker. But I don't want to spend the time to do it if there's no interest. What do you say? Want to have an easy way to identify each other?

We talked a little about this before last conference but never actually go to do anything except the hotel room door signs that KG created.

I think it would be great. We could all send you $ for it.

I think that's a great idea, Ann! I'd love to get something that'd be easily identifiable for other Cheffers!

Anne... I'm in the same wave as you. :)

Dates are listed in Nov. CN. If you log onto PC and go to Oct. CN, click on the address line and change 06oct to 06nov and you will see the Nov. CN. The dates are listed at the end and also lists the Executive Directors and which dates your conference is. I am Wave 2

I know! It still will be great!

I am in Wave 2 for national Conference.

I am attending Leadership and I think having a way to identify us would be great.

Abey

HERE YA GO!!!

National Conference 2007
Executive Director Assignments

Conference One
July 9 – 11, 2007

Shiela Addis
Sandy Alexanian
Jana Arkell
Lisa Bedford
Joan Bischoff
Stephanie Blanks
Kathy Bove
Teresa Brown
Dot Doiron
Shan Eisler
Julie Gizzi
Deena Hiltbrand
Becky Ishee
Susan Kaufmann
Sandy Kristof
Cindy Langford
Yvonne Mattson
Donna McDonald
Patsy McGovern
Anne McMillan
Amy Neal
Terri Newberry
Dotti Shepherd
Pam Sztukowski
Julie VonGunten
Randy Weiss

Conference Two
July 12 – 14, 2007

Julie Bohn-Geiselhart
Scottie Brister
Leslie Caperton
Angela Cole
Diane Engle
Mary Grant
Theresa Jennings
Cindy Johnson
Chris Laurich
Jill Lerner
Chris Manion
Darla Oelmann
Beth Perera
Sara Philbin
Kelly Price
Sandy Pruessner
Karan Radcliffe
Carol Radu
Sally Schubert
Judy Siegel
Kerri Waters
Joanne Wilhelm
Shelly Wilson
Kathy Yellets
Home Office Direct

Conference Three
July 16 – 18, 2007

Robin Anderson
Melody Bachman
Sherri Carr
Susan Cronk
Shelley Darabos
Kelli Downey
Barbara Duke
Nancy Francis
Marie Freidag
Don Funt
Paula Gubine Brockner
Beth Jacobs
Marcella Kvick
Pauleen Livermore
Crystal Livingston
Joanne McLaughlin
Laurie Milbrodt
Patti Mocerino
Pam Nourbakhsh
Leslie O’Laughlin
Stacy Pressman
Nancy Jo Ryan
Robin Shilling (This is mine!)
Amy Shalongo
Bambi Shoemaker
Nora Streiner
Lynn Wilks

Even if we tied a certain color ribbon to our badges. Then WE would at least know.

It's Wave One for me.....now I'll have to keep secrets!

Thanks, Anne. You rock!

I'm in Wave 2. I would also love to have some way to identify other, um, what are we? Chef Successers? Websters? Wacky Web People?

Whatever we are, keep me posted!

Looks like I am in Wave 1, although I'm still not sure if I'll be able to go or not...
-Sue

raebates said:
Thanks, Anne. You rock!

I'm in Wave 2. I would also love to have some way to identify other, um, what are we? Chef Successers? Websters? Wacky Web People?

Whatever we are, keep me posted!
You're welcome!

I am in wave 2!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies