• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Struggles with MFP: My Experience Making Mango Salsa"

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of a new kitchen product, the MFP, to make a mango salsa. However, various issues were encountered such as the blades not turning, clogging, and the salsa coming out with inconsistent textures. Some also experienced difficulty using the mini scraper that came with the product. Suggestions were given to only fill the MFP halfway, chop in layers, and use harder and denser ingredients first before adding juicier ones. Some also expressed disappointment with the product and found it overpriced.
grgann
So this weekend I was surprised to see my new products arrive! I expecting them more like this coming weekend. Anyway, in an effort to use many of them I decided to make the mango salsa.... what's not to love, right?

Well, I had major issues with the MFP! I put everything in it that is told me to (sans the mango) and not only was the bowl almost too full (even though I followed the recipe precisely) but the blades would not turn! I was afraid I would break the handle, so I rearranged the ingredients several times, and even when I could get a start of a turn or two, it would clog very fast! I wondered at first if it might just be the jicama (kind of a tough/hard ingredient) but found that even when I cut that very small and re-inserted it the thing clogged constantly. I had to remove the ingredients and put it back in several times (very messy) and struggled through the whole process. The end result was a salsa, that while delicious, looked like hell! Some pieces were pureed, some were the size of a quarter! On top of that I literally broke a sweat!

Have others tried this yet? I seriously think that if I make this at a party I will remove the jicama, although that was not the only ingredient that got clogged. Also, it was very onion strong, so I fear removing the jicama may mean I need to cut down on onion, thus throwing the whole recipe into a tailspin.

Basically I was just really disappointed. OH! And to add to that, during this struggle I used the new small scraper as suggested with the MFP, and got a big slice right in the middle of it from the blades. I was really mad about that. I would NOT recommend using anything rubber in the bowl, unless you are VERY careful, which is hard to do when it is giving you fits!

Other people's thoughts?

We found that you can only fill it about half way, start chopping and then put more in. The biggest thing was to not fully chop what's in there before you add the rest. That way it doesn't pulverize what's already in there. Just get it chopped down a little and add more. You do really have to keep pumping it and not just do a few slow pumps. That way the food stays moving and doesn't lock up the blades or just sit on top of them and not get incorporated.

We were wondering about the mini scraper last night with the same exact thing!

In the video at SL they did it in "layers". Then later they said to always do the harder denser fruits or veggies first then add the juicier fruits and veggies.

See, I was at SL and saw that too, which is why I chose to leave the mangos out and put them in later.... the recipe of course did not say to do that, and if I remember correctly didn't they put it all in together in the video? I am not trying to be a total negative nellie, but was just really concerned that it would be that challenging....

I would say to try it again but in smaller layers.BTW....I am not thrilled with this either, I think it is just another chopper with a limited use and over priced.

1. What is "Mfp" and why should I be concerned about it?

Mfp stands for "multi-functional pan," which is a type of cookware that can be used for various cooking methods such as frying, roasting, and steaming. Concerns about Mfp usually revolve around its safety and durability, as well as its performance in different cooking tasks.

2. Is Mfp safe to use for cooking?

Yes, Mfp cookware is generally safe to use for cooking. However, as with any cookware, it is important to follow proper usage and care instructions to ensure its safety. It is also recommended to purchase Mfp cookware from a reputable brand to ensure its quality and safety standards.

3. Can Mfp be used on all types of stovetops?

Mfp cookware is typically designed to be compatible with most stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that it is safe to use on your specific stovetop.

4. How do I clean and maintain my Mfp cookware?

Mfp cookware is typically dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils, as they can scratch or damage the surface of the pan. It is also important to dry the pan thoroughly before storing it to prevent rusting.

5. Can Mfp cookware be used in the oven?

Yes, Mfp cookware can usually be used in the oven, but it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for the specific temperature and time limits. Some Mfp cookware may have a lower temperature limit for oven use, so it is important to follow these guidelines to avoid damaging the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
hselby87
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies