• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Dell Computer Recommendations for Photo Editing, Gaming, and Web Browsing

In summary, the best computer for somebody like the person talking is a laptop because they are limited on space and they do not like the keyboards on laptops. An extended warranty is a good idea because technology changes so fast and problems can crop up. A desktop is also good because
Careyann
Gold Member
Does anybody have any recommendations for a new Dell computer? We get a great discount and my computer is just OLD! I really should invest in a new one. It needs to be able to handle my photos, Itunes, Pampered chef software and games plus plenty of web surfing!
I'm looking at the Inspirion series and my first thought is a desk top since I hate the keyboards on laptops, unless there is a laptop that would be good? Any advice appreciated!

I am an HP person and I just hooked up a new HP Pavillion Elite 180 with lots of memory and speed. Yes, I paid dearly for it...but I can tell you it is the best investment I have ever made in a computer. I had to contact HP to hook up my printer (it needed a driver download from the website) and was able to chat online with reps from the company live. No waiting and I did not have to hear a foreign voice telling me his name was "Steve"!!

I would just recommend getting lot of memory (I got 12 GB). I am in heaven!!! I have lots of files and pictures. Not into gaming but I am sure it would hold it all.

Just about anything you get now will run the things you are asking to run. I would say not to get anything less than 3GB of RAM if you want it to last a few years (I would say 4GB is better), and if you take a lot of pictures, a 500GB harddrive. The only thing that you might have a problem running the stuff you want is a netbook, and if you don't like laptop keyboards, you would -hate- a netbook keyboard. As far as a video card and processor speed, unless you're gaming or other high techy type things, you won't really notice the difference.

If there's an extended warranty, get it. If you never use it, yeah, it stinks, but if the time comes where you need it, and you're paying double to send it in, you're going to be kicking yourself in the bum for not getting it.

I have an HP Pavilion Desktop with a HUGE screen which I love. (It says HP 2159m in the corner of the screen..not sure if that helps).
Here's the info I get when I look at our system properties.
HP Model: a6813w
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual E2220 @ 2.4 GHz
Memory: 5.0 GB RAM
System: 64-bit Operating Sytem.

Sorry if any of that is confusing, but I HIGHLY recommend this computer. Although just because it suits me well doesn't mean it will suit everyone as well.

It has a good memory and operating system to get what I want done and it's not S..L..O..W..... like some computers I've dealt with.

I used to work for 11yrs for a big box retailer - #1 computer returned was HP. I have had 2 HP's die early on me and my best friend just had a HUGE fiasco with them in Alaska. She got this mega computer (she was nuts) that did everything but do the computer work for her and it was full of problems.

Sorry I know the question was not about HP - I have not had a Dell but all of our work computers are Dell and we rarely have any problems. I DO recommend that you always research on your own (not just personal input) before you buy. I'm a Consumer Reports junkie as well as type in "Dell laptop/desktop whichever one) reviews" You'll find a ton.

I have a gateway laptop and a dead HP desktop upstairs. I've needed a new keyboard and CD rom on my gateway but it was under warranty.

Large HD's are good but one thing no one mentioned - get yourself an external back up. Those large HD's do you no good when they crash and you didn't have a backup.

Best of luck!

Yup, I was gonna say get an external hard drive. I got one and put my pics/music directly onto it so #1 it's safe and #2 it doesn't slow down my laptop.

leslieprichett said:
Yup, I was gonna say get an external hard drive. I got one and put my pics/music directly onto it so #1 it's safe and #2 it doesn't slow down my laptop.

Ditto! (and my gazillion PC audio's d/l'd into itunes) :D

I have a Dell XPS410. It is about 4 yrs old now but I have had zero problems with it. To be fair, I work on computers for a living, PC is just my passion...so my computers tend to last forever. We have HP's at work and they are good too. I wouldn't give me Dell up for anything.
Invest as much as you can into memory and CPU. A big hard drive is also a must, most come with SATA hard drives now, and you can get lg capacity pretty cheap. If you would liek some advice on more specific models let me know. You can email me at [email protected]. My XPS410 does iTunes, movies, Second Life (although I bought it a video card for that). More importantly it does all of my web development and Programming work as well as photo manipulation. Those can be pretty labor intensive for a CPU but it works like a charm. This is my second Dell. My first had XP on it and was still in perfect working order having never had a single issue. My Dad uses it now. It was a Dimension 2350.

the Pc Pavillion rocks my husband (a computer man) says! We had to laugh about Ann's comment about "Steve". That's the ongoing joke we have at our house. We all know it's Akmed, not Steve.

After one problem after another with several PC's - I finally got a MAC. Best decision I ever made about a computer.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a computer on Friday night at Best Buy. I ended up with an HP Pavillion, it's a big one, lots of memory and hard drive space, it's also a laptop! 17 in screen! I know, I said I hated the keyboards but I went around to each one there and tried typing. This one had the full size keyboard with the number pad, a must for me. The keys are closer to what a keyboard was like so I like it. I can actually use it and it doesn't bother me! We were there for like 2 hours! I also ended up buying an HP wireless printer, I'm almost more excited about that purchase than the computer! In comparing printer ink from what I had to this one, my old one could do 200 pages in black & 160 color, this one can do 800 in black and 300 on each color cartridge! Hopefully that will save me some money because, it seemed like I was always buying new printer ribbon for that thing! Plus the wireless thing is just cool!! I still have to use my old one for a while since I had just changed ribbon and bought one other set! I should be pretty set up now!!!
Only thing is and maybe somebody here knows. Itunes, my old computer seems to have a virus on itunes because all the sudden it wouldn't let me in there anymore. I setup a new itunes on the new computer but am afraid to plus my ipod in, will it get rid of the things on it? I know it will probably transfer purchases but I have a lot of regular CD's on there, I'd hate to lose them all and have to start over. I have also bought 2 movies and those were not on my ipod since they took up so much room, is there a way to get those on my new computer?

1. What type of computer do you recommend for home use?

For home use, we recommend a laptop with at least 8GB of RAM and a solid state drive (SSD) for faster performance. It should also have a decent processor, such as an Intel Core i5 or i7, for multitasking and running everyday applications.

2. Do you have a recommendation for a budget-friendly computer for basic tasks?

Yes, we suggest a budget laptop with at least 4GB of RAM and a traditional hard drive. It should have an Intel Pentium or AMD A-series processor for basic tasks like web browsing, email, and document editing.

3. What is the best computer for gaming?

For gaming, we recommend a desktop with a powerful processor, such as an Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9, and at least 16GB of RAM. It should also have a dedicated graphics card, such as an NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon, for smooth gameplay.

4. Is a Mac or PC better for graphic design?

Both Macs and PCs have their strengths for graphic design. Macs are known for their user-friendly interface and built-in design software like Adobe Creative Suite. PCs, on the other hand, offer more customization options and often have more powerful hardware for running design programs.

5. Can you recommend a computer for video editing?

For video editing, we suggest a powerful desktop with at least 16GB of RAM and a solid state drive (SSD) for faster video rendering. It should also have a high-end processor, such as an Intel Core i9 or AMD Ryzen 9, and a dedicated graphics card for smooth editing and playback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikkijo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
Back