• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving to 'Desktop' Missing - How Can I Get It Back?

In summary, when Robyn tries to save something to her desktop, the 'desktop' isn't listed as a choice to save to. She goes to the startup flag on the bottom left, chooses Computer, and Desktop comes up under Favorites for her. She tries to save an image, but it doesn't work if she doesn't have the little triangle to expand the Favorites folder. Resetting Windows Explorer to its default settings might help.
byrd1956
Gold Member
When I try to save something on my desktop the 'desktop' is not listed in the list at the far left as a choice to save to. Always was there before. ...... so how do I get it back on the list? Any techie know the answer? Thank you!

I assume this is Windows, but what version?
XP?Vista?Windows 7?

I have Windows 7

Go to the startup flag on the bottom left, choose Computer. Desktop comes up under Favorites for me there--does yours?

not there. I have tons of favorites, but it is the list of favs from internent, firefox, etc. I think I am looking in the right spot, the background is blue behind the long fav list.

Open the folders section. If you see a "favorites" section, expand it so you can see what's in that folder.Otherwise look at the very top left. You'll see a left arrow, a right arrow & a tiny little blue down arrow. Click on the down arrow, then click on the word "favorites". That should resolve your issue.

Not there. Here is what it looks like for me. And when I click on the other folders it is not there either....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 552
If you click on the *Favorites folder, does it show up?

no, not there....bummer

When you right-click on an image and click Save Image As..., and then hover over *Favorites, does a triangle appear to the left of the star?

It should be in this folder
C:\Users\Robyn\Links
(assuming your login name is Robyn)

In other words, that Links folder should have a Desktop shortcut in it.

If that doesn't help, try resetting Windows Explorer to its default settings.

Tools > Folder Options
On each of the tabs (General, View and Search) press the "Restore Defaults" button.
At the end of it click the "Apply" button.

Any joy?

In windows 7, when you hover over the word "favorites", a black arrow pops up. If you click on that arrow, you can expand what's in the favorites section

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487121_4921133631368_1456725373_n.jpg

Just by looking at your screen shot, I'm thinking you have an older version of Windows?

LOL ~ I'm doing that from Firefox! Let me go check IE

It's the samehttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/374552_4921142431588_1182090329_n.jpg

Going back to Firefox, if I hover over favorites until the black arrow pops up & then click on the word, all my favorites become hidden to look more like what your screen is showing:https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/270055_4921150311785_188667610_n.jpgIf I hover over the word & click again, they come back.

Hmm, she doesn't have the little triangle to expand.
Maybe right-click on Favorites > Restore Favorite Links

1. Why is the "Saving to 'Desktop' Missing" on my computer?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a recent software update, a change in settings, or a glitch in the system.

2. How can I get the "Saving to 'Desktop' Missing" option back?

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue. First, check your computer's settings to make sure the "Save to Desktop" option is not disabled. You can also try restarting your computer or updating your software to see if that resolves the issue. If not, you may need to contact technical support for further assistance.

3. Is there a way to restore the "Saving to 'Desktop' Missing" option without contacting technical support?

Yes, there are a few things you can try before reaching out to technical support. You can try resetting your computer's settings to default, clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if the option appears. If none of these solutions work, then contacting technical support may be necessary.

4. Can I still access my saved files even if the "Saving to 'Desktop' Missing" option is not available?

Yes, you can still access your saved files by going to the "Downloads" folder on your computer. If you are unable to find the "Downloads" folder, you can also do a search for the file by name.

5. How can I prevent the "Saving to 'Desktop' Missing" option from disappearing in the future?

If this issue is caused by a software update, make sure to keep your computer's software up to date. Additionally, regularly clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help prevent similar issues from occurring. If the issue persists, it may be worth contacting technical support for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Aurora
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Aurora
  • cjwagner
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies