• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Fix for Computer Issues: Get Your PC Running Again and Get Work Done!

In summary, for a slow computer, you can troubleshoot by closing unnecessary programs, clearing temporary files, running a virus scan, checking for updates, or upgrading hardware. If your computer won't turn on, check the power source and try holding down the power button. To fix a frozen computer, try using the Task Manager or forcing a restart. To clear your browser's cache, go to settings and select the option to clear browsing data. If your computer is infected with a virus, run a virus scan or restore to a previous point, and seek professional help if needed.
barbchan
I feel like an idiot. I'm using my laptop but I have information on my PC that I have to get to today if I'm going to get any work done! My PC was working fine this morning but it locked up and so I had to shut it down. As I'm trying to get it back on it sits on a screen that say's press DEL to set up and bla bla bla. It won't go any farther and dh is at work and can't be disturbed right now.
Last time this happened I turned it back off and unplugged it completely from the wall for a minute and then started it up again....it worked great. Tried it this morning and it's not working at all.

Please, if anyone has any idea what I can do to get my PC working again so I can get some work done, I'd really appreciate it.

I would call tech support. They have gotten me out of a couple messes.

Unfortunately, tech support is dh. He built it and this is what he does for a living. I was really hoping not to have to bother him with this as he gets so frustrated having to fix problems all day at work and then have to come home to yet, another problem to fix. :eek:

No, I mean tech support at Pampered Chef. I was having issues with my PP and could not figure it out. Called them and it was some silly thing with the date that was set in PP. Just call and see if they can help. Worth a try.

:) Oh, ok. Thanks.

1. How do I troubleshoot a slow computer?

There are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot a slow computer. First, try closing any unnecessary programs and clearing temporary files. You can also run a virus scan and check for any updates for your operating system. Another option is to upgrade your computer's hardware, such as adding more RAM or replacing the hard drive.

2. My computer won't turn on, what should I do?

If your computer won't turn on, first check that it is plugged in and that the outlet is working. You can also try holding down the power button for a few seconds to see if it will turn on. If neither of these steps work, it may be a hardware issue and you may need to take your computer to a technician for further assistance.

3. How do I fix a frozen computer?

If your computer freezes, try pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard to open the Task Manager. From there, you can end any unresponsive programs and restart your computer. If this doesn't work, try holding down the power button for a few seconds to force a restart.

4. How do I clear my browser's cache?

To clear your browser's cache, go to the settings or options menu of your browser and look for a section on clearing browsing data. From there, you can select the option to clear your cache. Keep in mind that this may sign you out of any websites you are currently logged into.

5. What should I do if my computer is infected with a virus?

If you suspect your computer has a virus, you should run a virus scan using antivirus software. You can also try restoring your computer to a previous point before the virus was detected. If these steps do not work, it is best to take your computer to a professional for removal of the virus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • barbchan