1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Computer help please!!

1. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

hi hope this is the right place to post this. i just got a new computer last night and am trying to get everything back to normal. i went to CC and was trying to look at some of the flyers and i couldnt read them. i know it uses adobe but does anyone know what version and where to get it? also, will i have to re-install PP from CC and then back up everything or how do i get around that? i have never had to put business stuff ona new computer and i am totally over-whelmed!! any help would be appreciated!!

2. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I switched from a PC to a laptop a few months ago, so I might be able to help a little. I backed up all my Pampered Partner info on a disk. Then when I uploaded the PP on the new computer, if I remember right, it asked me if I had anything else to upload. I then put the disk in and said yes. Now this has been a few months, so that may not be exactly the steps I took. But it did work and I now have all my past shows on my laptop. And I am NO computer expert what so ever!!

As far as not being able to see some of the files, I had that problem too on my PC. When I switched to the laptop, I could view every thing. I thought it was because the PC was older and couldn't open the newer versions of Word and Adobe. But, if this is a new computer, I don't know why it's not working. Again, not an expert.

3. monica_sweetconsultant

thanks for that with PP...now to figure out how to read the files. on the old computer (and it was old!!) i had to download adobe but when i went to adobe.com i didnt see a download option. not sure where to go from here. i dont really want to have to call tech support!!

4. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

All you are downloading from the Adobe sight is the reader - and it is free. It is really easy to do and shouldn't take much time at all.

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet

Feb 3, 2006
  5. bree4bryce

bree4bryce Guest

On CC go to the download Center and on the left hand side in the download sections listing there is a part listed as readers, players, and software patches.
    Click on that. It will take you to the adobe website and there is a big red button that says download. You are downloading the adobe reader if that helps.

Feb 3, 2006
  6. monica_sweetconsultant

thank you thank you thank you!! i knew i had seen it somewhere before the first time but i couldnt remember to save my life!! so just in case i didnt say i t before thank you!!!

Have something to add?