• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Help: How to Install Adobe and Transfer Programs on a New Computer

In summary, Shannon Overstreet recommends downloading the Adobe reader from the Adobe website if you are having difficulty viewing some of the files on your new computer.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
hi hope this is the right place to post this. i just got a new computer last night and am trying to get everything back to normal. i went to CC and was trying to look at some of the flyers and i couldnt read them. i know it uses adobe but does anyone know what version and where to get it? also, will i have to re-install PP from CC and then back up everything or how do i get around that? i have never had to put business stuff ona new computer and i am totally over-whelmed!! any help would be appreciated!!

I switched from a PC to a laptop a few months ago, so I might be able to help a little. I backed up all my Pampered Partner info on a disk. Then when I uploaded the PP on the new computer, if I remember right, it asked me if I had anything else to upload. I then put the disk in and said yes. Now this has been a few months, so that may not be exactly the steps I took. But it did work and I now have all my past shows on my laptop. And I am NO computer expert what so ever!!

As far as not being able to see some of the files, I had that problem too on my PC. When I switched to the laptop, I could view every thing. I thought it was because the PC was older and couldn't open the newer versions of Word and Adobe. But, if this is a new computer, I don't know why it's not working. Again, not an expert.

thanks for that with PP...now to figure out how to read the files. on the old computer (and it was old!!) i had to download adobe but when i went to adobe.com i didnt see a download option. not sure where to go from here. i dont really want to have to call tech support!!

All you are downloading from the Adobe sight is the reader - and it is free. It is really easy to do and shouldn't take much time at all.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

On CC go to the download Center and on the left hand side in the download sections listing there is a part listed as readers, players, and software patches.
Click on that. It will take you to the adobe website and there is a big red button that says download. You are downloading the adobe reader if that helps.

thank you thank you thank you!! i knew i had seen it somewhere before the first time but i couldnt remember to save my life!! so just in case i didnt say i t before thank you!!!

1. How do I fix a frozen screen on my computer?

One possible solution is to try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, you can also try using the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete on Windows or Command + Option + Esc on Mac) to force quit any unresponsive applications. If the problem persists, it may be a hardware issue and you may need to seek professional help.

2. How do I speed up my slow computer?

There are several things you can try to improve the speed of your computer. First, make sure you have enough free storage space on your hard drive. You can also try clearing your temporary files and browser history, updating your software and drivers, and closing any unnecessary programs or browser tabs.

3. How do I remove a virus from my computer?

If you suspect that your computer has a virus, the first step is to run a full system scan using a reputable antivirus software. If the scan detects any threats, follow the prompts to remove them. You may also need to manually delete any suspicious files or programs that were not detected by the scan.

4. How do I connect my computer to WiFi?

To connect to WiFi, you will need to make sure your computer has a wireless network adapter. Then, go to your computer's network settings and select the WiFi network you want to connect to. You may need to enter a password if the network is secured. If you are having trouble connecting, try restarting your computer and router.

5. How do I back up my computer's data?

It is important to regularly back up your computer's data in case of hardware failure, viruses, or other issues. You can back up your data to an external hard drive, cloud storage, or use a backup software. Many operating systems also have built-in backup options that you can use. Make sure to schedule regular backups to ensure your data is always protected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • barbchan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • clshirk