• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Laptop Access to Chef Success: Help Needed

In summary, the conversation is about a person having trouble accessing the Chef Success website on their laptop. They have tried different methods to access it, such as deleting their bookmark and clearing their cache, but have been unsuccessful. They also mention a survey pop-up and ask for advice on how to resolve the issue. Another person suggests checking their security settings, which may be the cause of the problem.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Hey, all.

I have an issue with my laptop. I have Chef Success bookmarked, but the last month or so when I try to go there I get a screen that says "That page cannot be found" and there is a link to go back to the CS homepage. Clicking it just keeps me on the same page. At the top there is a box asking me to take a survey. It says something like, "I came, I saw, I took a survey". Don't quote me. (I have NOT clicked on it!) I'm at work and can't remember it verbatim. Even when I tried to Google CS it took me back to the same page. I use AVG, which our computer tech at work said would be sufficient, and I ran a whole computer scan and nothing came up. Obviously it's not CS, since I'm on it now. Any advice on what I need to do to get to the bottom of it and be able to access CS on my laptop again. Thanks in advance!!

Tammy

Oh, and I can't get on CS often, since I can't access it on my laptop, so if you have any thoughts, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks again!

Did you try to clear your cookies/cache or whatever it's called?

Open your bookmarks and delete the chef success bookmark by right clicking it then click on delete. Then go to the address line and key in "www.chefsuccess.com" without the quotes of course. This will take you right to the Chef Success Home page. Bookmark it again. Yes, they do get messed up some times.

Thanks, John. I tried that last night, but without luck. I even deleted it from my browser history. Still, no luck. I still get the same page wanting me to take a survey. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. I'll check at work occasionally. Thanks!

check your security settings. I had some problems and found my settings to be the issue. One I set CS as a trusted site, I have had no problems

1. How do I troubleshoot a slow computer?

There are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot a slow computer. First, try closing any programs or browser tabs that you are not using. You can also try clearing your computer's temporary files and running a virus scan. If these steps do not improve the speed, consider upgrading your computer's RAM or replacing it with a newer model.

2. How can I fix a frozen computer?

If your computer has frozen, the first step is to try restarting it. If that does not work, you can try pressing the "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" keys on your keyboard to open the Task Manager and end any unresponsive programs. If the issue persists, it may be caused by a hardware problem and you should seek professional help.

3. How do I update my computer's operating system?

To update your computer's operating system, go to the "Settings" or "Control Panel" menu and look for the "Update & Security" or "Windows Update" option. From there, you can check for updates and install any available updates for your system. It is important to regularly update your operating system to ensure optimal performance and security.

4. What should I do if I forget my computer's password?

If you forget your computer's password, you can try using a password reset disk or using the "Forgot Password" option on the login screen. If those options do not work, you may need to use a password reset tool or contact a professional for assistance.

5. How can I protect my computer from viruses and malware?

To protect your computer from viruses and malware, make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus software installed. You should also avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading files from unknown sources. Additionally, regularly backing up your important files can help protect them in case of a virus attack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies