• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Crashed... Shows Lost

so now, if my computer dies, and i can't bring it to a friend so they can fix it for me, i can still access my shows.
ChefMary412
So, my netbook crashed and I have lost all my info from shows since May... what should I do????
I know I can look up my purchases since I have the reciepts printed.. but what now?

Man, I wish I had an answer for you. I'm guessing you didn't back up the info. Right?

If you haven't restored your computer yet, you can try taking it somewhere to see if they can do data recovery.

If you can't get the data back, you can key everything in so that you have the record in P3, but you can't submit them again, so they'll have the red dots next to them.

If you only have a handful of shows lost, I would do what Noora suggested, so you have contact information and product information. If it was quite a few shows, you'll want to have a data recovery done on it. Depending on the documents, it may be able to be pulled by a professional locally. My husband does this for a living, but if the documents are "too lost" (I don't know the technical word) you will have to send your hard drive to a clean room. They have a dust free, anti-static room, etc. I had to do this and it cost $200. (only because they "gave" me a teacher discount).

Call tech support! I had the same situation & they were able to 'fix' my shows so they were submitted.

I keep meaning to check to see if Pampered Chef is partnered with an online back up service.

If you don't re-write over the data, nothing is truly "gone". ;)Take out the hard drive, put it in an external reader & plug it into any working computer with the same operating system (Windows or MAC) and you can still read the data & do a backup on an external drive. The one my husband bought was about $45. :D

Depending on what caused the crash, software or hardware failure-All of these data recovery suggestions are correct, BUT it will only work IF you backed up P3. If all the info is stil lin the program you won't be able to recover it (almost 100% positive). But if you backed up the files you WILL be able to get those (and any other) files off of the hard drive. And there are a couple of different ways to do that.

So before you try anything at all find someone who is familiar with computers and see what they say. If you take it to Staples or Best Buy for tech support, don't 100% trust them. They are in the business of selling computers not fixing them. I'm not saying they can't help, just that they will try one or two things and if that doesn't work they will tell you there is nothing they can do.

My method will work if you haven't tried to clean the hard drive & start over. ;)It would be the same as if you had your program on a jump drive and accessing it from the library, work, in-laws house, etc. By plugging the hard drive into an external reader and then into a working computer, you have essentially just made it an external drive for data storage and should be able to open it, click on the P3 folder, open the P3 program and do a backup to a jump drive that you can then "restore from" on a new computer. ;)

Or if you still have a static free wrapper, you can mail the hard drive to me. I'll put it in my reader, make a back up copy for you & send it back. ;)

Monty060609 said:
All of these data recovery suggestions are correct, BUT it will only work IF you backed up P3.

P3 does make its own back up files. If you call Tech Support, they can tell you what folder the files are in, so that you can tell whoever is doing your data recover where to find them (if they're still there).

Sheila said:
My method will work if you haven't tried to clean the hard drive & start over. ;)

It would be the same as if you had your program on a jump drive and accessing it from the library, work, in-laws house, etc. By plugging the hard drive into an external reader and then into a working computer, you have essentially just made it an external drive for data storage and should be able to open it, click on the P3 folder, open the P3 program and do a backup to a jump drive that you can then "restore from" on a new computer. ;)

yes yes that is correct, duh on me! I actually have one of those. My best friend made me an external hard drive out of one that belongs inside a computer.

What should I do if my computer crashes and I lose my Pampered Chef show?

If your computer has crashed and you have lost your Pampered Chef show, don't panic! Here are some steps you can take to try and recover it:

1. Check your computer's trash or recycle bin to see if the show was accidentally deleted.
  2. Try restarting your computer and opening the Pampered Chef software again, as sometimes crashes can be temporary.
  3. If your show was saved on an external hard drive or USB, try plugging it into a different computer to see if the show is still accessible.
  4. If you have a backup system in place, try restoring your show from the backup.
  5. If none of these options work, contact Pampered Chef customer support for further assistance.

Can I recover a show that was not saved?

Unfortunately, if a show was not saved before a computer crash, it cannot be recovered. It is important to regularly save your work while using the Pampered Chef software to prevent loss of data.

Is there a way to prevent computer crashes from causing loss of shows?

While computer crashes cannot always be prevented, there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk of losing your Pampered Chef show:

1. Regularly save your work while using the software.
  2. Make sure your computer's operating system and Pampered Chef software are up to date.
  3. Have a backup system in place, such as saving your show to an external hard drive or using a cloud storage service.
  4. Close any unnecessary programs or applications while using the Pampered Chef software to reduce strain on your computer's memory.
  5. If you notice your computer running slow or experiencing errors, restart it to help clear out any potential issues.

Can I recover a show from a crashed hard drive?

If your hard drive has crashed and you are unable to access the data, it may be possible to recover your Pampered Chef show with the help of a professional data recovery service. However, this can be a costly and time-consuming process, so it is important to regularly back up your data to prevent loss.

How can I prevent losing my Pampered Chef shows in the future?

In addition to regularly saving your work and having a backup system in place, here are some other tips for preventing loss of Pampered Chef shows:

1. Consider using a cloud-based storage service to save your shows, as this can provide an extra layer of protection.
  2. Invest in a reliable external hard drive to regularly back up your data.
  3. Make sure your computer's antivirus software is up to date to prevent potential malware or viruses that could cause crashes or data loss.
  4. Consider using a separate computer or device solely for Pampered Chef shows to minimize the risk of crashes due to other programs or activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Chozengirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • nene960