• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Swap Recipes & Print DCB Cookbook with Living Cookbook!

wrote:I have been looking for this type of software. Just downloaded the trial of YummySoup! to my mac...love it so far. I subscribed to your cookbook, but it shows up empty.http://homepage.mac.com/cnaknudsen/AmandasRecipeBook/I have Living Cookbook and am putting my PC recipes in it so I can make separate cookbooks by tool and by PC cookbook.Specifically, my director and I are going to print a DCB cookbook using all the recipes we've collected (from here and other sources) to give away with the DCB.Living Cookbook calculates WW points, nutrician
Dotty
Gold Member
Does anyone use Living Cookbook, Mastercook, or Mealmaster software that would be interested in swapping recipes? I have Living Cookbook and am putting my PC recipes in it so I can make separate cookbooks by tool and by PC cookbook. Specifically, my director and I are going to print a DCB cookbook using all the recipes we've collected (from here and other sources) to give away with the DCB. Living Cookbook calculates WW points, nutrician info, etc and easily formats the recipes into a nice, printable cookbook.

That sounds wonderful! This is a computer program?

Living Cookbook You can download recipes off the web, export to e-mailable files with photos, share recipe files with others who have this software or other compatible software (see previous post). I have tried Mastercook and Living Cookbook and chose the Living cookbook for preserving my favorite recipes. There are lots of webpages where you can download tons of recipes and complete cookbooks in these software formats. For examples, see http://www.madsrecipes.com/ for lists of files that are already in the importable format.
What I like best about Living cookbook is that their format (FDX) can share the pictures too, the other formats (MC & MMP) only share the text.

Bumping... I'm still interested in seeing if anyone else uses software to manage their recipes.

I have an app for my iMac called Yummy Soup! It's really nice to use. Not sure if it's compatible...I know there's supposed to be a way to share the recipes with others, but I can't remember the details.

You reminded me that I have an OLD copy of Mastercook (version 9).. I just reinstalled it in case you'd want me to try and send/get you some recipes...I obviously haven't used it in a long time since I had to reinstall :)

babywings76 said:
I have an app for my iMac called Yummy Soup! It's really nice to use. Not sure if it's compatible...I know there's supposed to be a way to share the recipes with others, but I can't remember the details.

Thanks for mentioning this! I've wanted a program for my mac (and hopefully my iPad soon!).

DH installed an app on my MacBook but I've never really tried it. It's SousChef and I'm checking it out now. Thanks for mentioning this. I'm always looking for new recipes to try out on the fam.

minirottie said:
You reminded me that I have an OLD copy of Mastercook (version 9).. I just reinstalled it in case you'd want me to try and send/get you some recipes...I obviously haven't used it in a long time since I had to reinstall :)

We can try some test exchanges and see how it works! I can export recipes in the mastercook format and attach them on this thread.

Okay, so I looked into it a little more. I'm able to create a subscribe feed to my recipes and post them places. I'll have to do a test run and see if I can accomplish that and see if you are able to then import the recipes I share into your computer program.

Hmmm, try this out:http://homepage.mac.com/cnaknudsen/AmandasRecipeBook/

babywings76 said:
Hmmm, try this out:

http://homepage.mac.com/cnaknudsen/AmandasRecipeBook/

I have been looking for this type of software. Just downloaded the trial of YummySoup! to my mac...love it so far. I subscribed to your cookbook, but it shows up empty.

ericadboone said:
I have been looking for this type of software. Just downloaded the trial of YummySoup! to my mac...love it so far. I subscribed to your cookbook, but it shows up empty.

Hmm, that's odd. I checked my program and it has several recipes showing as being in my recipe book. :confused: Can you try the link again? I have never subscribed to someone's before, so I'm new at this, too. Have you seen any of the video tutorials on the program yet? It's pretty cool. I need to spend some time entering in some more recipes. If you create a cookbook to share, let me know and I'll try to subscribe to it. :)

[email protected]

1. How do I swap recipes with other users in the Pampered Chef community?

To swap recipes with other users, simply navigate to the "Swap Recipes" section on the Pampered Chef website. From there, you can browse through recipes shared by other users and request to swap with them. You can also upload your own recipes to share with others.

2. Can I print a cookbook using the Digital Cookbook (DCB) feature on Living Cookbook?

Yes, the DCB feature on Living Cookbook allows you to easily create and print a cookbook using recipes from the Pampered Chef community. Simply select the recipes you want to include, customize the layout and design, and then print your cookbook.

3. Do I need to have a Living Cookbook account to use the DCB feature?

Yes, in order to use the DCB feature on Living Cookbook, you must have a registered account with the software. If you do not have an account, you can easily create one on the Living Cookbook website.

4. Can I edit recipes in the DCB before printing my cookbook?

Yes, you can make edits to recipes in the DCB before printing your cookbook. You can add your own notes, adjust ingredient measurements, and even add or remove ingredients to suit your preferences.

5. Is there a limit to the number of recipes I can include in my DCB cookbook?

No, there is no limit to the number of recipes you can include in your DCB cookbook. You can select as many or as few recipes as you'd like, as long as they are available in the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• toaster_pastry
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ShelbyMichalek