• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Troubles: How to Fix Adobe and iLink7.7 Issues for Easy PC Navigation

In summary, the person had trouble opening files on their computer and installed Adobe to try and solve the issue. However, they ended up with a useless toolbar and other programs they didn't need. They tried to install another program to listen to audio files but it didn't work and now they can't access any files or even log into their bank account. They ask for help and are advised to try a system restore or deleting the unnecessary software. They are also reminded to check for viruses and spyware.
barbchan
I think I've really messed something up and I don't know how to fix it. I recieved my consultant number yesterday so I went to consultants corner on the PC website to look around. However, my computer wouldn't allow me to open any of the files such as host specials and such without Adobe. So, I installed Adobe...thinking I was just getting the basic Adobe...now I have this completely usless to me toolbar at the top of my screen and I have Adobe Photoshop and goodness knows what else! I could deal with that. However, I tried today to listen to the audio's of teleclasses but of course had to install that ilink7.7 thing. I did. And now, not only am I not able to listen to the audio's, I can't get into any of the files again! I can't even log into my bank account online! I can't do anything! I'm suprised I am able to still come here!

Anyone have any idea what I might have done wrong so maybe I can fix it before dh gets home? He's the computer genius of the family and he's usually not too happy when he has to help me fix something....and I rarely do anything wrong on the computer. Help?

maybe try and do a restore point on your computer to a couple of days ago before you loaded all that stuff on there. Go to programs, accessories, and system restore. This is just a suggestion, I by no means am a computer expert. Just been there done that. :D

Delete that edition of Adobe from your hard drive first of all...go to Start, Settings, Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs...find Adobe and Remove. See if that helps.

Forever grateful!Thank you both so much! I had no idea I could remove things from the hard drive like that.
Things seem to be running much better now. I will ask dh to install what I need to view the host specials and all.

Thanks again!:D

When you d/l Adobe, it automatically installs the toolbar and photoshop UNLESS you check in a little box that you do not want those items installed. When you go into the control panel, just remove those items. You do not have to uninstall adobe. Good Luck!

Linc Playerto get the linc player to work go to the class you want to listen to , then download it. Your class should automatically start playing. You have to redownload every class.

do a system restore or just delete the software. Sounds like you may have downloaded a virus instead of Adobe. did you go to the Adobe site?

Do you have spyware and virus software? Sounds like you need to do a scan of both also.

What is "Computer Challenged"?

"Computer Challenged" is a term used to describe individuals who have limited knowledge or experience with using computers and technology.

How can Pampered Chef help those who are "Computer Challenged"?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support to help those who are "Computer Challenged" learn how to use technology and navigate our website. We offer tutorials, step-by-step guides, and a customer support team to assist with any questions or concerns.

Is there a specific age group that is considered "Computer Challenged"?

No, "Computer Challenged" individuals can come from any age group. It is not uncommon for older generations to be less familiar with technology, but anyone who struggles with using computers or technology can be considered "Computer Challenged".

What are some common challenges that "Computer Challenged" individuals face?

Some common challenges that "Computer Challenged" individuals face include difficulty navigating websites, trouble with basic computer functions such as copying and pasting, and confusion with using specific programs or apps.

Does Pampered Chef offer any in-person support for those who are "Computer Challenged"?

At this time, Pampered Chef does not offer in-person support for those who are "Computer Challenged". However, we do have a variety of online resources and a customer support team available to assist with any questions or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedbecky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Stampaholic1961