• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Completely Ot & Weird: How Does This Happen?

In summary, Anne's brother and SIL were away over the weekend. Her SIL wanted to know what Anne had called her for, and Anne's phone said she had a missed call from Anne at 11:30pm on Friday from her home number with her husband's cell number listed. Anne is 99% sure her husband and she were in bed asleep at that time, and she doesn't think she has ever called her cell from the house. Her grandfather died on August 24th 1995 at 11:30pm, which is also the oddest thing Anne has ever heard.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My brother and SIL were away over the weekend. They have been staying with us while thier new home is being built, BTW.

When they come home, my SIL wanted to know what I called her for. I said that I hadn't called her. She then shows me her cell phone that said that she had a missed call from me, with my home number listed, on Friday at 11:30pm.:eek: I am 99% sure my husband and I were in bed asleep at that time. And I know neither one of us had called her. In fact, I don't think I have ever called her cell from the house. She is usually home. Its an old phone, so its not like we could hit a stored number by accident or hit redial or anything.

I mean, how does that happen? How does it show up on her caller ID when I didn't call her. The only time I have called her is from my cell. I don't even think I know her cell # to dial it.

This is probably completely unrelated but, my grandfather died on August 24th at 11:30pm in 1995. Is that not the oddest thing you have ever heard of?

Actually, it happens a lot with phone systems. Around here there are a few numbers that had to be disconnected because they repeatedly called 9-1-1 - even with all phones accounted for, lines traced and the police standing there. Verizon has had quite an issue I know...

I actually had something similar happen to me. It is freaky though that it happened on the date and at the time that your grandfather died. That part freaked me out a little bit.

I have goosebumps.......

That is weird - My sister go a call on her phone from a young man wro work a 11:30 p.m. on either the 24th or 25th I heard her calling work asking if it was so n so's number. Kind of weird. Apparently this kid has some issues and she was assuming he might have called drunk or something

Wow, weird! My bf's blinking alarm clock reset itself Sat night while we were both sleeping....only 5 mins off!! (the clock was reset a few nights ago when the power went out....and he hadn't reset it yet...)

Heidi (my SIL) said it was late but she didn't tell me the actual time until later. I will never forget that night or the time he died. My minister came in after visiting hours. I was by myself with my grandfather and the minister and I said a prayer over him. The minister was saying "We know you are a fair and just God..." As he was saying that, I was thinking, "Fair and just? God, you know this is not fair or just to do this to a man like him, so either you give him back to us whole, or you take him. This is not fair or just. You know he is suffering."

At 11pm that night, he was sleeping and my Mom told me to go home. I got home around 11:20. My boyfriend at the time didn't want to leave me alone, so we sat and watched TV. At 11:30 my Mom called to say he was gone. She actually had fallen asleep and woke up to what she thought was someone yelling at her and the chair her legs were resting on being pulled out from under her. She got up to check on him and he took his last breath.

geez Anne, that whole story gave me goosebumps. Kinda scary.

Wow! What a story!! I love this stuff....I totally believe in it. I'm sure your grandfather is still with you and is watching over you. Kind of a nice feeling, I think! :)

When my SIL's husband died 8 years ago, he had $3.33 left in his pocket and for a very long time, my SIL would wake up through the night at 3:33!!! I always think of him too when I see 3:33 on the clock!

Wow, that is strange!

I believe it! I have had quite a few experiences with my grandmother who I was EXTREMELY close to(dads mom) and my grandfather (my moms dad). They were very real experiences and one of them I was awake for!! No doubt in my mind.
They are all still here looking out for loved ones. It is a very nice feeling even though I wish I could get one more hug. :angel:

I certainly believe that our loved one who pass are really only as far away as an arm's length, And, I know they look out for us and that there is a presence, that they give signs that they are still here. I have also had experiences with my Nana and Dap, awake and sleeping. Its proof that love transcends many things. I have also been pushed down stairs before, too, so its been interesting. I didn't get hurt, but I know they were trying to hurry me out of that house.

One thing I will never forget is that my Nana who had alzheimer's towards the end of her life kept calling me "Judy". I think my Mom has a cousin named Judy. It didn't matter to me, I mean, it did hurt a little, but I would answer to it because I know the feelings for ME where still there, she just had the wrong name. My Nana died when my niece was about a month old. Anyway, we were over my brother's house and my niece was about 3 at the time. She and I were playing. All of the sudden, she jumps up, grabs my face/neck and starting jumping up and down and yelling and laughing over and over "I love you, Judy! I love you, Judy! I love you, Judy! Judy, Judy, Judy!" I looked at my brother and said, "Who's Judy?" They were mildly amused, but had no idea who she was talking about. Her parents turned white when I said, "Well, I don't think you know this, but just before Nana died, she used to call me Judy." She doesn't like to get out of her bed at night because she sees people--not monsters; people. Her Mom thinks she's imagining things, but I know my brother knows what she means, even though he might not admit it.

1. How did Pampered Chef come up with the idea for Completely Ot & Weird products?

Pampered Chef is constantly looking for creative and innovative ways to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable for our customers. The idea for Completely Ot & Weird products was inspired by our customers who were looking for fun and quirky ways to add a touch of personality to their kitchen.

2. What makes Completely Ot & Weird products different from other Pampered Chef products?

Completely Ot & Weird products are designed to be unique and whimsical, adding a playful element to your kitchen. They are also made with the same high-quality materials and functionality that Pampered Chef is known for, ensuring that they are not just fun, but also practical to use.

3. Are Completely Ot & Weird products safe to use in the kitchen?

Yes, all Completely Ot & Weird products are rigorously tested and meet safety standards for kitchen use. They are made with high-quality materials that are safe for food preparation and cooking.

4. Can I find Completely Ot & Weird products in stores?

At the moment, Completely Ot & Weird products are only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. However, we are always looking to expand our reach and make our products more accessible to our customers.

5. Can I return or exchange a Completely Ot & Weird product?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not completely happy with your Completely Ot & Weird product, you can return it within 30 days for an exchange or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • Shawnna