• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Complaint About Soap Smell on the Scrapers

In summary, the strong soap smell on your scrapers may be due to the materials used in manufacturing, specifically the silicone material which can absorb scents. To remove the soap smell, you can try soaking the scrapers in a vinegar and water mixture or rubbing them with a baking soda paste. It is recommended to use unscented soap to wash your scrapers, as scented soaps can leave a residue that causes the smell to linger. However, the soap smell should not affect the food you are cooking, as the silicone material is food-safe and non-toxic. If you are not satisfied with the soap smell, you can return the scrapers for a refund.
Maragib
Does anyone else have customers, or yourself that complains about a soap smell/taste on the classic and skinny scrapers? I have a customer that says it has picked up the taste of her dishsoap. She is wondering if she is overly sensitive or if it happens to others. Anyone else have this problem?
Mara

I don't have the classic/skinny scrapers, just the cranberry ones and the mix n scraper, but I have never had an issue!

No. I wonder if they aren't getting rinsed properly. Possibly there's a soap film remaining on them.

I have had that issue with my own, but I just thought I was crazy! :) I can wash them over and over and make sure they are rinsed and they still smell/taste like soap....

Odd. I wonder if it's the type of soap. I use Finish (aka Electrasol).

WOW! I thought I was going crazy! I have that problem too.

Is it from the dishwasher?
Or hand wash

me too (I was never going to admit it)
doesnt matter if its hand washed or dw it always has a greasy film

1. Why do my scrapers have a strong soap smell?

The scrapers may have a strong soap smell due to the materials used in the manufacturing process. The silicone material can absorb scents, especially if they are stored near strong-smelling soaps or detergents.

2. How can I remove the soap smell from my scrapers?

To remove the soap smell from your scrapers, try soaking them in a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar for a few hours. You can also try rubbing them with a paste made of baking soda and water, then rinsing thoroughly.

3. Can I use scented soap to wash my scrapers?

We recommend using unscented soap to wash your scrapers. Scented soaps can leave a residue on the silicone material, which can cause the soap smell to linger.

4. Will the soap smell affect the food I am cooking?

No, the soap smell should not affect the food you are cooking. The silicone material used in our scrapers is food-safe and non-toxic.

5. Can I return my scrapers if I am not satisfied with the soap smell?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If you are not satisfied with the soap smell on your scrapers, please contact our customer service team for a return and refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• teeanne77
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Curlyone
  • sfdavis918
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • ddcook