• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unfair Commission Adjustment for Returned Online Orders?

In summary, the conversation discusses a consultant receiving a voicemail about a returned online order from January and the company deducting commission from their next paycheck. Some consultants are surprised by this policy and suggest contacting finance for clarification. It is mentioned that the policy is in place to prevent dishonesty by consultants who used to submit dummy orders and then return them for money back. It is also suggested to contact the customer and find out why the entire order was returned.
Kelly8
I just received a voicemail from the company today that said that an on-line order that was placed in January on my PWS was sent back for a full refund. I have no idea who placed the order-must've been a lead. Anyway, the company is taking the commission out of my next paycheck! What?! I have never heard of this before. What is the difference between that refund and any from shows? I'm kind of floored about this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Wow! I have not heard of that happening before. Please, call finance and find out what is going on. Maybe something needs to be updated in the policy guide that if indiv. orders are returned we will have a commission adjustment. Let us know what they say.

I thought they took your commission back anytime something is returned. I had a customer return a cookie press she got from a Nov show and they took that small amount back and did an adjustment on my commission total. Just thought it was normal.

@Becky-I will do that. I've returned many items and never had to pay for them. @ Shelly, was that an on-line order or show order? They don't normally take back the commission (not in my 9 years!).

I only SOME items from an order are returned, they won't adjust your commission. If an entire order is returned, your commission will be adjusted. It's really rather generous of Pampered Chef. Other companies will adjust your commission if any item at all is returned.

WOW, I've been selling for 6 years and have NEVER had any commission taken back on returns.

I rarely have returns but my understanding was that if a full order is returned then commission will be adjusted.

dannyzmom said:
I only SOME items from an order are returned, they won't adjust your commission. If an entire order is returned, your commission will be adjusted. It's really rather generous of Pampered Chef. Other companies will adjust your commission if any item at all is returned.

I was under the impression that if an entire show is returned, then the commissions are adjusted.

I went into the PG and checked, and it does say:

Note:
• If an entire Show or individual order is returned, commissions will be reversed and the commissionable sales total will be adjusted. In addition, points toward incentives or credit toward promotions or bonuses will be deducted.

I can understand where they're coming from, they do have a business to run, but it's still kind of sucky for the consultant. We work hard to get those sales and we have no control of people when they receive their order. Maybe take back the money, but at least leave the trip points!!!

dme.grant said:
I can understand where they're coming from, they do have a business to run, but it's still kind of sucky for the consultant. We work hard to get those sales and we have no control of people when they receive their order. Maybe take back the money, but at least leave the trip points!!!

I'm pretty sure that the reason why commission and points are deducted is because of dishonesty in the past. Consultants who abused the system, and would submit dummy orders and shows to get to a specific level, and then return the entire order/show for money back. TPC had to do something to guard against this.

So - don't blame PC, blame the consultants who've cheated. ;) Sad for those of us who run our businesses ethically and honestly, though.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm pretty sure that the reason why commission and points are deducted is because of dishonesty in the past. Consultants who abused the system, and would submit dummy orders and shows to get to a specific level, and then return the entire order/show for money back. TPC had to do something to guard against this.

So - don't blame PC, blame the consultants who've cheated. ;) Sad for those of us who run our businesses ethically and honestly, though.

Yes, I was told this by HO at one time too. For those of us who are honest, this may rarely if ever happen to us. You cant change it, so don't dwell on it.

One question I haven't seen is why did the customer cancel an entire order? I'd be contacting the customer to find out what the problem is--it sounds pretty unusual to not like anything.

gailz2 said:
One question I haven't seen is why did the customer cancel an entire order? I'd be contacting the customer to find out what the problem is--it sounds pretty unusual to not like anything.

There is a good chance that she doesn't have the customer's info, if it was a lead order, most of the time they block their address and info.

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, I was told this by HO at one time too. For those of us who are honest, this may rarely if ever happen to us. You cant change it, so don't dwell on it.

Yes, I heard of an Upper Level Director who ordered a whole bunch of cookware to earn the trip and then returned it all in January! :eek:

PamperedK said:
Yes, I heard of an Upper Level Director who ordered a whole bunch of cookware to earn the trip and then returned it all in January! :eek:

Wow! That is just plain WRONG!!:mad:

I understand and agree with the policy, but what if the person only ordered one thing and it was an HO Lead? If the person blocks their address you have no way of doing a Customer Care Call to see if there is an issue with the item they ordered.
This would make sense as to why 2 different times I have had less than $5 deducted from my PC account and couldn't figure out why!

gailz2 said:

I agree. I had a customer place an individual order for cookware, got it, tried it, hated it, and returned it for a full refund, and my commission was adjusted. This was before the stainless steel cookware was available, so I couldn't offer them something instead (they didn't like the non-stick coating). It happens, and you have to just continue to provide good customer service and tell them you'll be happy to help them with anything else in the future that they may need. They'll most likely come back and order from you again if you are gracious and understanding with a return. :)

I had the same thing happen. Several years ago a friend bought both sets and all the open stock Executive Cookware for her daughter for her wedding. The wedding got called off. Now, the cookware was ordered almost 8 months prior during one of our cookware specials. They adjusted my commission based on the sale price of course. Funny as I never even questioned the adjustment. I figured just like any store, our profit goes down when items get returned. That was a $250 loss though and hurt. I know of a few ladies who purchased a ton of DCBs and were selling them at a flea market of all things. Full price. I think I saw maybe 30 to 40 of them. Along with a bunch of other items. I did not know who they were but I recognized one of them from NC. I was out of state when this happened. So if they did not sell the items, I would have to assume they sent a ton of stuff back. I personally would have been very upset if their commissions had not gotten adjusted. And no, I could not do anything about it. No camera, no phone cam, and only about 20 minutes left of the market so calling someone would not have helped. I was just hoping they got theirs in the end. A nice commission adjustment and loss of points would be good enough.

1. What is "Commissions Being Taken Back?"

"Commissions Being Taken Back" refers to a situation where a commission that was previously paid out to a salesperson or affiliate is then revoked or taken back by the company or organization that issued it.

2. Why would commissions be taken back?

Commissions may be taken back for a variety of reasons, such as a customer returning a product or canceling a service, a dispute over the validity of the sale, or a violation of the company's terms and conditions.

3. Is it legal for companies to take back commissions?

In most cases, yes. As long as the company has stated their policies and terms clearly and consistently, they have the right to revoke commissions if certain conditions are met. However, it's always important to read and understand the terms before entering into any commission-based agreement.

4. Can I prevent commissions from being taken back?

In some cases, yes. If you are a salesperson or affiliate, you can take steps to ensure that the sales you make are valid and in compliance with the company's policies and terms. This can help prevent any disputes or issues that may lead to commissions being taken back.

5. What should I do if my commissions are taken back?

If you believe that your commissions have been taken back unfairly or without valid reason, you can reach out to the company or organization to discuss the issue. It's important to have a clear understanding of the terms and policies and to provide any evidence or documentation to support your case.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • vanscootin