• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Commission Structure: Monthly vs Career Sales Calculation

In summary, the commission you make each month is based on the sales for that month. If you have reached a commission level for that month, you will get paid that commission level and also the difference of commission levels from earlier shows.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi, I am pretty new and received one paycheck so far for 11/22/05. My question is how are the % structures based- per monthly sales or career sales? I am confused since we are paid 2x a month on the 8th and 22nd. If I had $2300 total sales for my ss1 month and it's broken up into two pay dates my second paycheck is coming this week but since we are in a new month am I still calculated at 23% based on my first months sales? Is this making any kind of sense?

Please explain how commission structure works, thanks!

Hi Heather,
The total commission you make each month is calculated based on that month's sales. For example, just from Nov. 1- Nov. 30th. For the mid-month commission check, it will go based on what you submitted from the 1st to the 15th. You'll get paid out at the percentage based on just those sales. Then you'll notice when you get the paycheck for the rest of the month, it'll calculate your TOTAL sales for the whole month, give you commission based on that percentage, but then you'll see they deduct what you were already paid. It ends up being based on the total month, but they don't pay you for what you already received a check for. I hope that makes sense. Then you start from $0 when a new month begins. Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesn't. :)

Exactly. So on the 22nd of let's use November you'll get paid whatever commission level you reached and get paid in full for all shows submitted from November 1 - 15th. Then on December 8th you'll get paid for all shows submitted from the 16th to the end of the month based on the highest commission level you reach. PLUS on this check they will also add the difference of commission levels from the earlier shows they already paid you for if by the end of the month your commission level was higher.

i.e. 2 shows submitted from Nov 1 - 15 commission level reached is 20% - paid on 22nd

3 shows submitted from 16th - 30th commission level reached is 23% - paid for these 3 shows on December 8th and also for the 3% difference they now owe you for the first 2 shows of the month that they have already paid you for. Minus any adjustments/insurance etc.

Hope that helps,

I think what you're thinking of when you mention career sales is that once you've sold $15,000 in commissionable sales, you get a 2% raise, so your monthly commission could be from 22-27%.

Then there's the commission you make on your downline once you have 2 recruits, but that's a separate discussion! ;)

You guys are awesome. I was wondering about this too and now I understand.

I got my commission deposited today and when I looked at my statement on line, I was like WHAT THE FREAK! LOL

It said I got paid extra and I just couldn't understand why but now I do.

This forum is awesome. :D

thanks!Ok I think I understand it now! Thank you soo much!

1. What is the difference between monthly and career sales calculation in the commission structure?

The monthly sales calculation is based on the sales made within a specific month, while the career sales calculation is based on the cumulative sales made during your entire career with Pampered Chef.

2. How is the commission percentage determined for monthly sales?

The commission percentage for monthly sales is determined by your current level in the company's career plan. The higher your level, the higher your commission percentage will be.

3. Are there any differences in the commission structure for different types of products?

No, the commission structure remains the same for all products sold through Pampered Chef. However, the commission percentage may vary depending on your level in the career plan.

4. Can I earn commission on my own purchases?

No, you cannot earn commission on your own purchases. Commission is only earned on sales made to customers.

5. Do I need to reach a certain sales quota to earn commission?

Yes, in order to earn commission, you must meet a minimum sales quota set by Pampered Chef. This quota may vary depending on your level in the career plan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • DTM2D
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pamperedlinda