• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When will I receive my commission check for December shows?

It can take them hours to do it because they have to keep giving their hand a break. And we did payouts to the vendors every Friday, so their stacks would only have 100-150 checks on any given week. I can't imagine having THOUSANDS of employee checks & doing it all at one time each month. I'm betting the "fee" is an incentive to get people to go direct deposit so they spend less time signing checks and more time doing what they
PattieChef21
I can't seem to find any information on what I'm needing to know.

I just joined at the end of November. I submitted two big shows in December, both before the 15th. I do not have direct deposit, I haven't gotten it set up because of things that have been going on with my bank.

How do I get my commission? Will it be a check in the mail? If so, when shoudl I get it?

Thanks!

Yes, they will mail a check to the address you have on file with them. ;)

Do you know when they mail them?

Payday is the 8th of each month. I believe they will mail out your check that day, but I'm not 100% sure.You can check the Policy Guide on CC for details about how and when you get paid. You will want to get your direct deposit set up ASAP though, because HO will start charging you a fee for paper checks.

THe planner shows the 10th of January was the day they would have mailed paychecks since the 8th fell on a weekend (they do mail-checks once a month). I would expect you'll see it very soon. Or call on Monday if you didn't get it today (Saturday). I don't know how long mail would take, but if they mailed it on Monday or Tuesday, i would think you should have had it by now.

esavvymom said:
THe planner shows the 10th of January was the day they would have mailed paychecks since the 8th fell on a weekend (they do mail-checks once a month). I would expect you'll see it very soon. Or call on Monday if you didn't get it today (Saturday). I don't know how long mail would take, but if they mailed it on Monday or Tuesday, i would think you should have had it by now.

Monday was only the third. I don't think they would have had all of the numbers audited and processed by then in order to cut and send a check. That's why I would think they would mail the check on the pay date (or possibly the Friday before in this case).

Here's what the PG says on 9:

Commission Payment
Monthly payments of commissions, bonuses and overrides
are mailed or sent for direct deposit on the eighth day of the
month for the prior month’s performance. If the eighth day
is a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, payments will be mailed or
sent for direct deposit on the following business day.

I believe there is a small fee taken out of your commission for getting a check instead of direct deposit. You'll want to set that up as soon as possable if you are planning to do it. You should be getting it in the mail by the end of next week. Only direct deposit gets paid twice a month. Mailed checks get sent out on the 8th or the next business day if a weekend.

NooraK said:
Monday was only the third. I don't think they would have had all of the numbers audited and processed by then in order to cut and send a check. That's why I would think they would mail the check on the pay date (or possibly the Friday before in this case).

:

LOL - oops...yes. I'm confused. I know what DAY but not what Date it is. I looked at the wrong thing on the calendar. Sorry. So it should mail THIS COMING Monday. ;)

I didn't know that they charged a fee, as I've always had direct deposit ... but I worked a temporary assignment in Virginia while we were waiting to move to Japan doing accounts payable for a fairly large company. I know how much those executives fuss that have to sit there & hand sign a HUGE stack of checks! ;) It can take them hours to do it because they have to keep giving their hand a break. And we did payouts to the vendors every Friday, so their stacks would only have 100-150 checks on any given week. I can't imagine having THOUSANDS of employee checks & doing it all at one time each month. I'm betting the "fee" is an incentive to get people to go direct deposit so they spend less time signing checks and more time doing what they need to do to make the company's operations go smoothly. :D

Sheila said:
I didn't know that they charged a fee, as I've always had direct deposit ... but I worked a temporary assignment in Virginia while we were waiting to move to Japan doing accounts payable for a fairly large company. I know how much those executives fuss that have to sit there & hand sign a HUGE stack of checks! ;) It can take them hours to do it because they have to keep giving their hand a break. And we did payouts to the vendors every Friday, so their stacks would only have 100-150 checks on any given week. I can't imagine having THOUSANDS of employee checks & doing it all at one time each month. I'm betting the "fee" is an incentive to get people to go direct deposit so they spend less time signing checks and more time doing what they need to do to make the company's operations go smoothly. :D

I've received plenty of checks with a printed signature, so I'm sure PC employs that for any paper checks they send. But I can see why DD would be preferable on their part. I was speculating it may also have something to do with the reason the withhold 30% if you don't provide a social security number. Or maybe those who usually don't have DD also don't have a debit card and don't submit shows electronically, and charging $4 per check also funds for the extra work it takes to process their orders submitted by mail.

NooraK said:
I've received plenty of checks with a printed signature, so I'm sure PC employs that for any paper checks they send. But I can see why DD would be preferable on their part. I was speculating it may also have something to do with the reason the withhold 30% if you don't provide a social security number. Or maybe those who usually don't have DD also don't have a debit card and don't submit shows electronically, and charging $4 per check also funds for the extra work it takes to process their orders submitted by mail.

It costs the company more to process, print, issue and mail a paper check than to do it electronically.

I did the employee checks for the church I worked for and I hand signed them but there were only 5 employees. Other than that, I haven't seen hand signed checks in years - even cards that are sent out by companies (my husband gets a birthday card and directors and above get one from PC) are not hand signed any more.

The company I was working for did authorize us to stamp signatures on checks below a certain amount, it was the larger amounts that required two hand signed signatures. ;)I agree. Printing and postage can add up.

What is a commission check?

A commission check is a form of payment that is given to a salesperson or employee for their efforts in generating sales or completing specific tasks. It is usually a percentage of the total sales made by the individual.

How are commission checks calculated?

Commission checks are typically calculated based on a predetermined commission rate, which is a percentage of the total sales made by the individual. This rate may vary depending on the company's policies and the type of sales or tasks involved.

When do commission checks typically get paid?

The timing of commission check payments may vary depending on the company's policies. Some companies may pay commission checks on a monthly basis, while others may pay them quarterly or even annually. It is important to check with your employer to understand their payment schedule.

What happens if there is an error in the commission check?

If you believe there is an error in your commission check, it is important to bring it to the attention of your employer or the appropriate department. They can review the calculations and make any necessary adjustments or corrections.

Are commission checks taxable?

Yes, commission checks are considered taxable income and will be subject to federal and state income taxes. The specific tax rate may vary depending on your income and tax bracket. It is important to consult with a tax professional for accurate tax advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedchef88
  • dymplz8
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
erinb
  • ChefBeckyD