• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combined show with TS

Apr 13, 2010
I attended a TS party yesterday afternoon...the consultant asked me about "piggy back" or doing a combined show...she said she has a show next monday night and asked if i would be interested in bringing a few of my products. I am new to PC, I havent even done my 1st show yet...any ideas on this? TIA

kayleigh

Mar 26, 2010
My mom used to sell TS and we did several shows together. We worked together to use a recipe that incorporated her food items and my cooking items. We normally did several recipes that complimented each other. We each did a 20 minute or so demo of our products and the importance ... blah blah and people loved it. Pampered Chef did better in sales but we had a blast!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I choose not to do combined shows. I feel it divides the host's loyalties and the guests' dollars. Others have differing opinions, and I'm sure they'll share their wisdom. The main thing is to not commit to something unless you're comfortable with it.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
The fact that she's inviting you to come along to one of hers first is kind of nice and might mean she'd be a good one to do this with. BUT...what about the host? If she's the host, that's one thing, but if it's a regular show won't the host be confused having a PC person coming along, too? And that does put the guests in an awkward situation. They'll not be expecting PC there probably.

I've heard some consultants swap parties w/ other DS consultants. Some with wonderful success, others with terrible results. Then there are times people do combo parties. Again some with success, others not.

You can search the threads and read up on some of those situations.

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
The only time I have sold with other vendors is at vendor fairs, etc. Not individual shows. I agree with Amanda in worrying about available guest dollars to be spent--I'd rather they spend it all on my products, but if I were a guest, I'd be torn and feel like I'd have to buy from each person.

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
I look back and see it is Rae I was agreeing with about the guest dollars.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I don't do combined shows either. Basically, I've made this my career because it's low stress and fun for me. I have no desire to do something that might interrupt that, so I have no desire to compete for sales with someone else at a party. :)

I know others have been successful doing combined shows, but it's not something I'm interested in doing.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I look back and see it is Rae I was agreeing with about the guest dollars.

Yep, it was Rae. ;) And she's exactly right. When people go to a party, they usually have a certain limit in their mind as to how much they plan to spend that night. So if you add another vendor, they will typically split that amount between the two. And they'll have to pay S&H on two orders, so they really might buy less product, too.

But, like I said, some people had great success with it. I would just be sure the host knows about it and likes the idea, and not that this other DS consultant threw it on her. I would think the guests need to be made aware of it when they are originally invited, not have it added on later. And make sure YOU feel comfortable and like the arrangement. :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Casandra Crane
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views