• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Colossal Chopped Salad: A Refreshing Twist on a Classic Italian Dish

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's experience with the Colossal Salad, a dish they have been making for a couple of months. They use a large platter to display the salad and add some plate artistry with vegetables and cheese curls. They also share some tips, such as steaming the broccoli and using a garlic press for added flavor. The guests and hosts loved the dish and the speaker has even sold several large bowls of it.
DebPC
Staff member
I've been doing the Colassal Salad for a couple of months. It was beautiful on the large platter. I did some of the veggies in "strips" across the top of the pasta, kind of like a Cobb Salad.
One thing I changed was to steam the broccoli for about 2 minutes in the
micro-cooker. It brightens the color, plus the guests were happy that the
broccoli wasn't totally raw. I also pressed garlic in the 1/2 inch of water
I used in the micro-cooker. That way I could show the press too. To be honest I liked the way the salad looked on the platter better than I
do in the new bowl, just because I can do a little more "plate artistry"
around the sides of the platter (cheese curls w/zester, julienne sliced
carrots, tomato slices, etc. just kind of added to the look around the
edge).
We did Pillsbury breadsticks on the stones, sprinkled with Italian seasoning
and parm. cheese, and served them in the bread crock.

Guests & hosts loved the recipe, and I have to laugh because it really is
"just pasta and veggie Italian salad" that they've probably been serving for
years. It is all in the presentation and a few little changes.

Gail C

Colassal Chopped Salad DressingI make the Italian Dressing in the MMP using Balsamic vinegar - they love
it! Also serve in the large bowl and have sold several!

Julie Gizzi

Wow, that sounds delicious! I love the idea of steaming the broccoli and using a garlic press to add some extra flavor to the dish. And the plate artistry sounds like a fun touch. It's amazing how just a few small changes can really elevate a simple dish. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Colossal Salad, I'll have to give it a try myself!

What ingredients are typically included in the Colossal Chopped Salad?

The Colossal Chopped Salad usually includes a mix of chopped vegetables such as tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and red onions, as well as olives, pepperoni, and cubed cheese. It is then tossed with a tangy Italian dressing for added flavor.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Colossal Chopped Salad?

Yes, the great thing about this salad is that you can customize it to your liking. You can substitute any of the vegetables or add in additional toppings such as grilled chicken or chickpeas for a protein boost.

How do I chop the vegetables for the Colossal Chopped Salad?

You can chop the vegetables by hand, but for a quicker and more consistent chop, we recommend using the Pampered Chef Food Chopper. It makes chopping a breeze and saves you time in the kitchen.

Can I make the Colossal Chopped Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time, but we recommend keeping the dressing separate until ready to serve. This will prevent the vegetables from becoming soggy. You can also prep the vegetables and toppings ahead of time and assemble the salad right before serving.

How many servings does the Colossal Chopped Salad recipe make?

The recipe typically makes 4-6 servings, but you can easily double or triple the recipe for a larger group. It's a great dish for potlucks and parties, as it can easily be scaled up to feed a crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies