• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Color Coated Knives

Rosechef

Aug 5, 2009
I have been looking on the website and and I cannot find what the exact benefit is for having a "color coated" knife. If I ask this question, I'm sure someone is going to ask me this. I don't have them and won't buy them. I'm a knife snob and I acutally LOVE the forged knives. I have several of the forged knives.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
I think the main benefit of the color coated knives is that they are more affordable. I love my FC knives too, but without my discount and lots of other factors (PC $ and winning a couple) there is no way that I would've been able to afford them. The color coated knives are still a pretty good knife for the money, it's the whole "you get what you pay for thing"... the other thing is the color coating is kind of a non-stick coating and they are easy to find in your drawer. I think someone else said the knives are like "Good, better, best" with the color coated being the good, the knives with honing cases being the better and the forged cutlery being the best. Not everyone can afford the best and not everyone wants the best. Like if you were buying something for your college son or daughter for their apartment, you wouldn't send them off with FC, you might go with the color coated! Hope that helps.

Rosechef

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks....I just wanted to know what the benefit of the color coating....easy to find in the drawer, non-stick....that makes sense. Affordability was definitely a plus about the knife. I needed to know that if someone asks.....'cause I'd ask if I were at a show.

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
They are more affordable - way better than the knives at Walmart!! I have used my sharpening steel lightly on my green Santoku a few times to "re-true" the edge and it still beats any other non-PC knives that I have. It is my favorite kitchen knife - light weight and easy to use.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
They are more affordable - way better than the knives at Walmart!! I have used my sharpening steel lightly on my green Santoku a few times to "re-true" the edge and it still beats any other non-PC knives that I have. It is my favorite kitchen knife - light weight and easy to use.

Yep that's another good thing, light weight, and they are really sharp!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennifer Hunsucker
Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views