1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Color coated knives?

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

My MIL asked me the other day if PC makes plastic knives that would work to shred lettuce but keep it from turning brown. I thought of the color coated knives but really don't know much about them. I barely know what their purpose is in general, let alone if they'd work for this. What is the coating, what's the purpose of having color coated knives, and would it work for keeping lettuce from turning brown?

Aug 2, 2009
  2. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

We used to have them--we had a pink one for HWC a couple of years ago and a green one that is now discontinued. They worked great!

Aug 2, 2009
  3. ckeeling

ckeeling Gold Member

the green ones are in the outlet right now!

Aug 2, 2009
  4. patty42240

patty42240 Member

I have ordered several nylon knives from the outlet and have given many away as well. I love the nylon knife because I used to buy only the salad mix in the bag because I hated cutting up a head of lettuce. The nylon knife is perfect and cheap!

Aug 2, 2009
  5. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

The test kitchens told us that that is a wives tale. Lettice that is used right away will not turn brown. Look at the lettuce in the fridge that you tore (no knife) - it's turning brown too.

Aug 2, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Hijack...

Hey Beth! You're back on CS now? How are you?

Aug 2, 2009
  7. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Um...yes, it turns brown after a while, but not immediately! Besides, if the test kitchen says it's a wives tale, why did they make the plastic knives for it? I'll direct her to the outlet, thanks!

Aug 2, 2009
  8. BethCooks4U

The knives were promoted as safe for non-stick cookware.

Aug 3, 2009
  9. BethCooks4U

Thanks for noticing. Not really gone, not really back. Turns out I had a lifetime membership. I've been concentrating on other things but I check back every so often.

Aug 3, 2009
Have something to add?