• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stain on Colonder: Any Suggestions to Remove?

In summary, to remove a stain on your colander, you can create a paste with equal parts baking soda and water, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then scrub with a sponge or brush. Using bleach is not recommended as it can damage the material and leave an odor. For rust stains, try a paste of lemon juice and salt, letting it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing. Soaking in soapy water may help, but other methods like baking soda or lemon juice may be more effective. If using dishwashing detergent, make sure to use a gentle one and consider mixing with baking soda for added cleaning power.
bbauman07
Gold Member
my colonder(sp?) has a stain on it I have tried soft scrub and it didn't work. Any other suggestions I usually take this to my shows and can't since it is stained.Thank in advance for any suggestions.

I use the Chlorox bleach pen on almost everything. I would try that. You might have to let it sit on there for a little bit before rinsing it off. Hope that will work. Let us know how it turns out.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN
www.pamperedchef.biz/dawntrudell

I don't have the colander set but you might want to try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I use this on a lot of surfaces around the house and it seems to make things white again. Let us know what happens.

i dont know how well it will work, but maybe try the pampered chef sink fizz...it has helped with some of my stuff...you just put water in the sink w/ your dish and stick the fizz in there

I will try these and let you know what works

1. How do I remove a stain on my colander?

One effective method is to mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove the stain?

We do not recommend using bleach on your colander as it can damage the material and leave a strong odor. Stick to gentle cleaning methods such as using baking soda or white vinegar.

3. My colander has a rust stain, how can I remove it?

Create a paste using lemon juice and salt and apply it to the rust stain. Let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and repeat if needed.

4. Will soaking the colander in soapy water help remove the stain?

Soaking the colander in warm soapy water can help loosen the stain, but it may not completely remove it. It is best to use a cleaning method such as baking soda or lemon juice to effectively remove the stain.

5. Can I use a dishwashing detergent to remove the stain?

Dishwashing detergents can be effective in removing stains, but make sure to use one that is gentle and not too harsh on the material of your colander. You can also try using a mild dish soap mixed with baking soda for added cleaning power.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
Replies