• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sticky Collapsible Bowl: What Could Be Causing It?

In summary, collapsible bowls are containers that can be easily folded or collapsed for storage or transportation. Sticky collapsible bowls have a special material on the bottom that allows them to stick to flat surfaces. They are great for outdoor activities and safe to use with hot food. To maintain their stickiness, it is recommended to clean them with warm soapy water and avoid harsh detergents.
monsen0727
I got a note from a customer saying she hadn't used her collapsible bowl in awhile and when she pulled it out it was sticky. She soaked it in soapy water and did not cure the problem. Says there is a strange chemical type smell to it as well and afraid to use it. Out of warranty period. Any ideas? Anyone heard of this before? Help! She's a great customer and I want to keep her happy. :)

If no one can help here- you might call the test kitchens and see if they have a solution.

Try baking soda and if that doesn't work call HO test kitchens.

I have this problem too. When a customer paid alot of money for the set of three collapsible bowls, it's a crime not to do something to compensate the customer. Granted, the 3 year coverage is expired but when that amount of money, PC should at least give a $75 credit to spend on something else. Customer worked hard to clean up the bowls, which worked, but the secretions came right back. What is the chemical/toxic problem with these bowls? It's scary.

I've had the same issue, and have tried everything I can think of. Unfortunately I can't trust that something isn't seriously wrong with the material used to make these bowls so in the garbage they went.

Yes that’s exactly what I did. Throw them away ! Couldn’t get stickiness removed. It got better for a little while after I used cleaning product, but came right back. I’ve had other issues with pampered chef products and got the very high price paid they should all have lifetime warranty!! My lettuce spinner bowl is now cracked in 4 places. Very cheap and thin plastic must have been used. Disappointing!

1. What are collapsible bowls?

Collapsible bowls are containers that can be easily folded or collapsed into a smaller size for storage or transportation.

2. How do sticky collapsible bowls work?

Sticky collapsible bowls have a special type of material on the bottom that allows them to stick to flat surfaces, preventing them from sliding or tipping over.

3. What are the benefits of using sticky collapsible bowls?

Sticky collapsible bowls are great for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, or picnics, as they are compact, lightweight, and can securely hold food without the risk of spillage.

4. Are sticky collapsible bowls safe to use with hot food?

Yes, most sticky collapsible bowls are made from food-grade silicone which is heat-resistant, making them safe to use with hot food or liquids.

5. How do I clean and maintain sticky collapsible bowls?

Sticky collapsible bowls can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water or placed in the dishwasher. To maintain their stickiness, it is recommended to avoid using harsh detergents or scrubbing the bottom of the bowl too vigorously.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefNelson
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jmwinfree