1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings College Party

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

A guest today wants to host a party the week college restarts. All of her friends will be living in an apartment for the first time. Of course, they are all broke so shes not sure if it would work. Anyone done an apartment house warming with much success? Thoughts? Thanks.

May 31, 2009
  2. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

What if you did it a few weeks BEFORE school starts (or before they are moving in anyway) and invite parents? Or they can create wishlists at the show and then share them with their parents - maybe do a show to get them interested and thinking about products and then finish it up more like a catalog show, letting them take the catalogs & wishlists home to relatives and closing it in a week or two?

May 31, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

VERY nice!!! I like it a lot!!!

4. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

I was going to suggest the same thing and also do a search here on line I remember seeing a whole list of items that were great for dorms and starting out apartments. Like the Rice cooker, chopper, micro cooker, and of course the DCB. Also share some quick and easy inexpensive recipes so that way the parents might feel better buying some of these itmes knowing that the "KIDS" will know what to do and might actually cook someting thats easy!

May 31, 2009
  5. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I did a show like this i had out "visuals" that weren't really talked about but but they got the idea and added on.
    soem i remember are:
    apple wedger and bar board and an apple
    microcooker & can opener can of soup
    small microcooker ramen noodles
    quickstir pitcher koolaid
    twixits & chips
    stone, pizza cutter, oven mitts & frozen pizza box

Jun 1, 2009
  6. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

ricecooker recipes. Adapt some DCB recipes to the rice cooker - the hotpot of the 21st Century!

Jun 1, 2009
Have something to add?