• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I remove stains from my collapsible bowls?

In summary, the Collapsible Bowls Discolored are a set of silicone bowls that can be used for mixing, serving, and storing food. The discolored appearance may be caused by staining from certain foods or exposure to high heat. However, the bowls are still safe to use for food preparation and storage. To clean the discoloration, you can soak the bowls in a solution of water and white vinegar, or use baking soda or lemon juice. To prevent discoloration, avoid using the bowls with staining foods or high heat, and hand wash them instead of using a dishwasher.
letscook04
Gold Member
I have a past host just emailed that she had watermelon in one of the collapsible bowls and the green part is discolored. Does anyone know how to get it the stain out?

When I got a dark ring where my 8-qt bowl collapses, I tried baking powder, Oxy dishwashing liquid, and several other things. I finally got it replaced. I did have to return it but my new one has not discolored. Someone also suggested the Plastics cleaner on the market.

pcchefjane said:
When I got a dark ring where my 8-qt bowl collapses, I tried baking powder, Oxy dishwashing liquid, and several other things. I finally got it replaced. I did have to return it but my new one has not discolored. Someone also suggested the Plastics cleaner on the market.

Thanks! I just read PIG on CC and it said:

Certain foods, such as tomato or watermelon may stain the green band. To remove staining or odors, dishwash with a plastic cleaning additive intended for use in the dishwasher (available in most U.S. grocery stores). If not available, make a paste of dishwashing crystals and water. Spread paste over stained area; let set for approximately 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.

What are the Collapsible Bowls Discolored?

The Collapsible Bowls Discolored are a set of collapsible silicone bowls that are designed to be compact and convenient for storage. They come in various sizes and can be used for mixing, serving, and storing food.

Why are my Collapsible Bowls Discolored?

The discolored appearance of your Collapsible Bowls may be due to food staining or exposure to high heat. The silicone material can absorb colors from certain foods, such as tomato-based sauces, which can cause discoloration. Additionally, placing the bowls in the dishwasher or using them in the microwave can also cause discoloration.

Can I still use my Discolored Collapsible Bowls?

Yes, you can still use your discolored Collapsible Bowls as long as they are not damaged. The discoloration does not affect the functionality of the bowls, and they are still safe to use for food preparation and storage.

How do I clean my Discolored Collapsible Bowls?

To remove discoloration from your Collapsible Bowls, you can soak them in a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar for a few hours. Then, scrub them with a soft sponge or brush and rinse thoroughly. You can also try using baking soda or lemon juice to remove stains.

Can I prevent my Collapsible Bowls from getting discolored?

To prevent discoloration, avoid using the bowls with foods that are prone to staining or high heat. You can also hand wash the bowls with mild soap and warm water instead of using a dishwasher. Make sure to dry them completely before storing to prevent any mold or mildew growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • MarciMac
  • Products and Tips
Replies