• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Collapsible Bowls Discolored!

letscook04

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2005
I have a past host just emailed that she had watermelon in one of the collapsible bowls and the green part is discolored. Does anyone know how to get it the stain out?

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008
When I got a dark ring where my 8-qt bowl collapses, I tried baking powder, Oxy dishwashing liquid, and several other things. I finally got it replaced. I did have to return it but my new one has not discolored. Someone also suggested the Plastics cleaner on the market.

letscook04

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2005
When I got a dark ring where my 8-qt bowl collapses, I tried baking powder, Oxy dishwashing liquid, and several other things. I finally got it replaced. I did have to return it but my new one has not discolored. Someone also suggested the Plastics cleaner on the market.

Thanks! I just read PIG on CC and it said:

Certain foods, such as tomato or watermelon may stain the green band. To remove staining or odors, dishwash with a plastic cleaning additive intended for use in the dishwasher (available in most U.S. grocery stores). If not available, make a paste of dishwashing crystals and water. Spread paste over stained area; let set for approximately 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.