1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Colds & Kitchen Shows

1. Chef Michelle D

Chef Michelle D Member

I have a cold :( and I also have a show tomorrow night. I was just wondering what other consultants do when they are under the weather and still have to do a show. I don't want to be sneezing or coughing during my show but I also don't want to not do the show. I plan on taking some good medicine before my show to help control my symptoms what do you to get through the night.

2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Being in the business for 3 years, I have had this happen many times. Depending on how I feel when I get to the kitchen show depends on how I handle the situation. If I am feeling ok, not coughing, then I go on with the show like normal. But, if I am coughing, I ask my host and a couple guests to help me. I have the host and guests actually prepare the food with my directions. The chop the onion, they shred the cheese etc. This works really well and I believe it makes people feel better that I am not handling their food while I am sick. I have only had to reschedule one show and that was because I lost my voice!! Not much I could do there! Hope this idea helps! And yes, load up on that cold medicine before your show!!

Nov 3, 2005
  3. Chef Michelle D

Chef Michelle D Member

I do tend to loose my voice when I get colds but it happends at the end of the cold and I can't talk for a few days. My husband is in is glory when this happens. :D So I don't think that will be the case for tomorrow night. But I do like the idea of having the host and guest do the work and I can just talk about the products. Thanks for the ideas.

Michelle

4. tlmcunning

tlmcunning Member

Here's what I did

I had a show in October and had a terrible cough, I didn't want to cancel on the hostess so I decided to make it a hands on show. I let the guest use the products and make the food, while I talked about the tools they were using. That way I was not coughing all over the products and food. It worked out great. It was a $600 show and I got 2 bookings. I did tell the guest when they arrived what was going to happen so they were ready when I called on them.

HTH
    Tracy

Nov 3, 2005
  5. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Allergies

I have severe allergies and usually only take meds when it gets REALLY bad, otherwise the meds will lose effect (believe me I have taken EVERYTHING). My allergies were really bad before a party in August and on the way I took Tylenol Severe Sinus/Allergy. I had taken it many times before (for years). However, this time I had a weird reaction to the meds.

I was HIGH. I had the giggles something awful and my mind was all soupy. I could barely make it through the demo, but everyone there were good sports. They were a little edgy when I demoed the US&G, though. I got 3 bookings and it was an $800. The best part was that I didn't drip snot in their food!! :p

Win/Win!!

Nov 4, 2005
  6. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Oh my gosh, you crack me up!!! This was a visual that I could have done without though :eek:

Nov 5, 2005
  7. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I would wear gloves, wash my hands every possible minute, and take something to "dry me up". Good luck & feel better!

Nov 5, 2005
  8. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

What wonderful advice!!!

Nov 5, 2005
Have something to add?