• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Julie Gizzi's Delicious Ice Cream Recipes!

In summary, the ice cream needs to come out at the very last minute, the mix and chop works brilliantly for mixing everything together, and a cold bowl might work better than the Batter Bowl for mixing everything together.
forever their mom
CHECK OUT THIS YOU TUBE VIDEO OF Julie Gizzi! I love this idea, because it is so easy and fun!!
Ice Cream shows - YouTube

You can find the other recipe that she talks about in the files under Cold Stone.

This was a great video....thanks for sharing.....I love the idea of using the salad choppers for chopping up the strawberries and the using the mix-n-chop for mixing together ice cream and toppings....think I'll have to try this before I demo it. :)

Remember to tell the guests that this is a great way to stay allergy-friendly for dessert! (ie: my hubby can only have dairy-free ice cream and limited mix-ins due to multiple chemical sensitivies -- we can't just drop by a coldstone for ice cream)

Thanks for posting this video. I used my family as guinea pigs to try out this theme show idea on Friday night. We did the same flavor she demonstrated because I wanted to try out everything she did. The biggest hit was the chocolate curls at the end!

Here were our conclusions after our practice run:
  • The ice cream needs to come out at the very last minute -- after you've chopped all the strawberries etc. Our ice cream was more like soup (delicious soup) by the time we added all the stuff, mixed it up and put it back in our bowls.
  • The mix and chop works brilliantly for mixing everything together. My daughter didn't want her pound cake to be just crumbs in the ice cream so she made sure to only squash it a couple times with the mix n chop to keep the pieces big.
  • A cold bowl might work better than the Batter Bowl for mixing everything together. A fellow consultant in my group put a couple of her stainless steel bowls in the freezer before the show started and used them as the mixing station bowls. I think this would work really well.
My family definitely thinks this is a show people would enjoy. I'm thinking of offering two different options for the flavor like Julie suggested, but I'm thinking of doing Cookies and Cream as the second one rather than Black Forest. In case people don't like fruit, they have an option without any and if they don't like chocolate (gasp), they can just leave the chocolate curls off the Strawberry Shortcake one.

I feel much better about offering this theme after trying it in my own kitchen. So, I'd encourage you to use your family to test it out. I can't image they'll mind much!

Shari in TX

We also did it this weekend. We didnt have the cool whip (not thawed), so the boys did mini oreos and mini Rolos in vanilla, and one had mint choc chip flavor ice cream with mini oreos. My Dh had the oreos with vanilla.
I did vanilla with fresh raspberries and blackberries.

The ice cream did soup quick....but it is HOTTER than Hades here too. :D But maybe it was just mine...which I did last, so the ice cream was out for five minutes or so. But DEFINITLEY going to offer this one this month or for a kids show!

Her original recipe uses a frozen bar pan and the handy scrapers. I kinda like that idea better! It definitely goes better with the shows name....Cold Stone!!

I like the Mix-n-Chop one because I just wouldn't have the room to put a stone in my freezer currently. Plus, I'd be afraid I'd break it! ;) I'll be curious to try it with the frozen stone method, and see what the differences might be. At a show, I could then at least offer the differences (ie- frozen stones = less soupy ice cream).

for some strange reason I cannot get the sound to work on this video :(

Bobbi....the cold stone works really great!!! The ice cream doesn't melt as you mix it. I've done it that way for years.
This new way seems easy but I can see how the ice cream would melt quicker....just like when you stir it in your bowl. I think putting the SS bowls in the freezer 1st would be a good compromise.

What size stone do you use? The small bar pan or medium? Or do you use a flat stone?

esavvymom said:
What size stone do you use? The small bar pan or medium? Or do you use a flat stone?

I was actually thinking about using the Round Covered Baker. It is small enough for just a serving or two, would show it off and the mix 'n chop would still work great in it. If anyone tries it before I do, please let us know how it goes.

Shari in TX

I LOVE THAT IDEA......you are so smart!!!

I usually use the Rectangle Stone. But you could use a different one if you don't have it. I use the Ice Cream Scoop and the Handy Scraper to mix in the toppings. The stone stays cold for a LONG time so you can do a whole show with no problems. Let it "warm" up naturally before trying to wash it etc so you don't break it.

I like doing it this way because you can offer a variety of mix ins. You scrape it off each time when you serve up their serving so it is "clean" for the next one. It is the same principle as Cold Stone except they use cold marble.

Be sure your stone is on a flat surface too. Just experiment with the different stones....you will find what is best for you :D

I used a stainless steel bowl from Frontgate that has a "stay cold" feature. I chilled it in the refrigerator before I tried the coldstone technique. My ice cream turned to soup pretty quickly. I did a cookies n cream and a candyland.
I am going to try the cold stone method to see if it works better. Perhaps a stiffer brand of ice cream would help too? I know Edy's is kinda soft. What do you think?

the key is not to mix it up too much! and have the ice cream as hard as possible....at least that's been my experience.

also....I don't add cool whip to the ice cream mix....just put on top...

I did this last night with a medium bar pan. It fit perfectly in my kitchen freezer.
I did not have as much trouble with the ice cream getting soupy on my by the last bowl served (we had 4).I'm thinking of doing this for a Mommy & Me type show this week here at my house for folks in my neighborhood (first 10 to rsvp- hopefully...I only have so much room). I thought I'd pick out a few flavor options (chocolate and fruit). I was going to use a cold bar pan, maybe try a cold metal sheet pan (since we know they are awesome), and then a cold bowl. Figured I should have some options to have multiple people mixing at once- in case this is very popular! It's been ugly hot here this past week, as for most folks, and then by Thursday when I want to do the show, our temps will be down but it is supposed to be rainy. Kids will need to get out of the house...let me rephrase that, MOMs will need to get out of the house. ;) That's what I am hoping anyway!I just realized that the Ice Cream scoop is the Free with $60 purchase item- how perfect! I'm going to put together my "Cold Stone" show wish list of products used and have those available for moms to look at. I thought maybe while the kids review their choices, I can talk briefly about the products being used- plus while the Kids mix their ice cream (with mom's help), I can chat about them and their other uses in the kitchen. If I have a 'chocolate' line and a 'fruit' line that folks move down, hopefully I can move them through quickly.I've already opened my mouth to my NED who I'll see on Saturday, so she'll put my feet to the fire about it- so I'm committed now!

Last edited:
I'm so glad I saw this. I was racking my brain last night trying to think of a great Summer show idea. Here in Mississippi, it's just TOO hot to even consider a BBQ show right now. This would be the perfect alternative and with the scoop being this month's guest special, I think that will make it all the more desirable! Thanks again for posting the link. Does she have any other "private" videos that you could post a link to. Her videos are very informative and she makes it seem so easy.

What if most of the ice cream is dipped in bowls in the freezer? -- then dip the first bowl to demo the ice cream scoop, then as the next person comes to mix a bowl is grabbed from the freezer. Of course you would need to know approximately how many will be attending and you would need the freezer room. I too thought about having the batter bowl cold or the stainless steel mixing bowl cold. If you use a bar pan it would seem like you should still be able to use the mix n chop along w/scrapers.

The problem is the bowls don't stay cold enough unless you put all your serving bowls in the freezer and they do it in them. It still gets pretty soupy really quickly!

With a bar pan or some other stone, it stays colder Much longer. You can use the mix and chop or the scoop or even wooden spatulas along with the scraper. You can even have a couple of stones in the freezer if you have a crowd.

I froze my bar pan the 2nd time and it was much better. The ice cream did not turn to soup. Another tip - use Waffle Cone Bowls - much better presentation unless you are showing off PC bowls :)

Waffle Cone bowls would be nice, but that would drive up the cost I'm sure!
I've got a mega bag of clear plastic 8oz cups. They are wider at the top than the bottom. I think they'll make perfect ice cream bowls for my event with the kids. My NED uses them for her molten-chocolate lava cake because she says they are simple and somewhat elegant and don't detract from the cake. I figured the same can be the case for the ice cream...and they don't cost much (I think it was $8 for a bag of 200 cups??? been awhile).

My kids would love waffle cones though! ;)

I wanted to share that I did this over the weekend for a family party with lots of kids. And the ice cream we used was the individual hoodie cups. Each kid picked their toppings, but them on a chinet plate, brought them to me and I'd grab a Hoodie cup from the freezer, I was all of 4 feet away from the fridge, so this worked well. I popped open the cup, added their fixings and the kids, and adults, we're thrilled! Absolutely going to do this one again!!

MarciMac said:
I wanted to share that I did this over the weekend for a family party with lots of kids. And the ice cream we used was the individual hoodie cups. Each kid picked their toppings, but them on a chinet plate, brought them to me and I'd grab a Hoodie cup from the freezer, I was all of 4 feet away from the fridge, so this worked well. I popped open the cup, added their fixings and the kids, and adults, we're thrilled! Absolutely going to do this one again!!

what's a hoodie cup?

pamperedlinda said:
what's a hoodie cup?

Linda-
It is an individual portion of Ice Cream, Hoodie is just the brand. I know down here, Pet Ice Cream has the individual portions. I think Walmart carries them.

How hard were they to get out of the cup?

ChefGwendolyn said:
Linda-
It is an individual portion of Ice Cream, Hoodie is just the brand. I know down here, Pet Ice Cream has the individual portions. I think Walmart carries them.

ahhh, thanks! I was thinking it was a special kind of bowl that she was keeping cold for each serving! lol

Yes, sorry, they are individual cups, with half chocolate/vanilla. I gave the ice cream a lil push with my scraper, but mostly it came out with a good squeeze. They come in bags of 10 for $2.50.

I like that idea. Although, it wouldn't give me much opportunity to show off the ice cream scoop (which is the guest special this month). I'm thinking I'll have the kids (hoping I have lots come to my party) put their mix-ins into the plastic cups we'll serve the ice cream in. Then when a station is open, they come over with their cup of mix-ins, and I'll add the 2-small scoops of ice cream. They plop it onto a stone (or metal sheet pan), and start mixing. Then they scrape it up and into the cup again (with mom's help). I was just going to buy a bucket of ice cream that can serve lots.Both ways have advantages though- i can see that! :) I will store that idea for later!

For those of us that do not have the premeasured ice cream available, why not just scoop it out in advance and leave it in the freezer on one of the metal pans. Then take it out when needed to mix on the stone. We do that all the time for parties.

esavvymom said:
I like that idea. Although, it wouldn't give me much opportunity to show off the ice cream scoop (which is the guest special this month).

I used the scoop quite a bit though. Did my mixing/mashing with the back of that and the handy scraper, then scooped it into a bowl, not back into the small cup. Plus with the PC ice cream scooper, just like the peelers, you don't really need to dem it to get sales for it. Just like how many mix & mashers we sell just from having them with us at our dems without using them in a recipe.

Love this idea, just wrote my Sunday host since we hadn't not decided on a recipe. Think this will be perfect.

For premaking individual servings - put scoops into cupcake liners and freeze. Saw this on pinterest and was planning to do this at my daughters birthday party.

Tonight we tried a different flavor and different methods of mixing the ice cream. Here are our conclusions:
  • Chocolate Brownie Obsession is the other flavor I'm going to offer to hosts (or they can do the Strawberry Shortcake that Julie demonstrates in her video). I made brownies in the Brownie Pan on Wednesday. For the mix, we did chocolate ice cream, half to a whole brownie depending on what they wanted, and magic shell. Then we topped with whipped cream from the EAD and chocolate shavings done with the garlic slicer.
  • The Round Covered Baker (put in the freezer for about 2 hours before use) with the Mix 'N Chop worked great.
  • The smallest metal bowl (put in the freezer at the same time as the RCB) with the Mix 'N Chop also worked great.
  • The small bar pan (put in the freezer...) with a Mix 'N Scraper in one hand and one of the Bamboo Specialty Tools with the flat top worked really well to mix everything together. My husband did this one and he said the bamboo spoon really got in there and chopped and mixed with with the flat end able to scrape stuff from along the bottom. The more flexible Mix 'N Scraper helped scrape stuff off the bamboo and move things around the bar pan.
  • Don't put too much ice cream in because once you add chocolate brownie to chocolate ice cream with whipped cream and more chocolate, it is very rich and decadent and can easily be too much to finish.
So, all the items in the freezer worked great. We used both the bowl and the RCB twice and the ice cream was soft, but still very frozen when we put it in our bowls. Not like last time using the Batter Bowl when it was soupy by the time we got it back in our bowls.

I would bake the brownies ahead of time and bring them with for two reasons. One, they work really well when they are firm and not warm. I think if they are warm, they would melt the ice cream. Two, you can concentrate on the quick "Cold Stone" aspect of the show rather than how to make brownies. When you show the brownies, you can take just a couple minutes to talk about all the other things the brownie pan can do for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I printed a copy of that awesome recipe booklet that was posted on this site and put it into a 3-prong folder so I can show all the things the pan can do.

Now, the only thing I don't know is how long the stones should be in the freezer to really work well. I only get to my host's house 30 minutes before the show. Even figuring in an introduction time, is 45 minutes or so enough time to get them cold so they hold the cold long enough? I don't know.

Anyway, just wanted to update on this theme. I need to get on the phone and start offering it while it's still hot enough that people want it!

Shari in TX

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming!

How will it work to put the Oreos in the MFB to help break them up a little before mixing? Anyone given this a try?My daughter is hosting her first PC show tomorrow (Sunday) and is trying to build a collection for when she moves to university next August. We're doing the Cold Stone @ Home show and hoping she has a great show! Thanks to everyone for their tips!

I did the oreos in the MFP last week at my show and it worked great......just do a few at a time.

monicag said:
I did the oreos in the MFP last week at my show and it worked great......just do a few at a time.

Great! Thanks for the info! That's what I thought but wanted to hear from someone who's already done it.

We just put the cookie witih the ice cream and smash it with the mix n chop along with everything else.....no need to dirty or use another container. I want it to be a simple process, not complicate with lots of tools. I know it shows them from a sales perspective, but to ME that could also backfire and make me as a consumer think i would "need to have this stuff, then why bother?".

I did my first cold stone show yesterday. It was the first time I'd really done an 'interactive' type show and it went really well. Everyone seemed to have a good time - which is always important!
The only negative I see is that it doesn't really make anyone 'have to have that' thought for one of the higher end products. We used the Round Covered Baker to mix in, but obviously it really isn't needed to do this at home. Luckily, my hostess has the RCB and had already told several people about it and the previous host was there as well and has the DCB. In the future if I do this, I might go ahead and make a few chicken breasts in the RCB for sampling as well.

Apparently, yesterday was National Ice Cream day, however, I didn't realize it until today. LOL! I did my first Cold Stone show yesterday afternoon and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. This show was actually for my daughter and she's done pretty well in orders, so far.

The thing that I thought was funny was the number of "doubles" that I've had this time. I've sold two of each of the following: brownie pan, tool turn-about, microwave chip maker and medium bar pans! No one ordered two of anything; these are all from different people! :chef:

As for the show itself, I will definitely be doing another Cold Stone show in the future. We offered three choices: Chocolate Brownie Obsession (thanks to the other poster who mentioned that name), strawberry shortcake and cookies and cream. I also used the food chopper for some nuts in case anyone wanted any to top off their ice cream.

Hi all,
I am a new consultant and this is going to be my first show bc it is what my host wants!

These are the three options I came up with based on everything I read and one I kind of made my own.

The trick is I only have my New Consultant kit for tools! I plan on getting some supplies and doing a test run tomorrow to see how to best use what I have.

Any input is great! Thanks!

Strawberry Shortcake
1 Sara lee Pound Cake, thawed
2 cups fresh Strawberries
3 Tbsp Sugar
Cool Whip, thawed or a can of whipped cream
Vanilla ice cream
Hershey bar

Cookies to the Max
Oreos or Chips Ahoy package
Vanilla ice cream
Can of whipped cream
Optional: mini chocolate chips

Chocolate Brownie Obsession
Brownie mix already made and cooled (I could bring these, I don't mind)
Chocolate ice cream
Can of whipped cream
Hershey bar

Those choices sound delicious. Your host will love whichever one she chooses, I'm sure. Since you're only working with the New Consultant Kit, I would try some of the following:
  • Large Bar Pan in the freezer if it fits for the cold stone part of it. If not, the Classic Batter Bowl would work. Just make sure the ice cream stays in the freezer as long as possible.
  • Try the Microplane Grater for chocolate. They could probably grate it right over their bowl. The Chopper would be the other option and would also probably work well for cookies if you do the cookie one if you don't have the Mix 'N Chop.
  • It looks like you have both a spatula and a Mix 'N Scraper. I'm thinking the two of them together (or maybe the Mini Serving Spatula) would work on the Bar Pan to mix everything together.
  • If she buys cool whip, put a plastic bag in the Measure-All Cup, fill it with Cool Whip, pull the bag out and secure it closed with a twix-it clip, clothespin or just twist it closed, snip a corner off and it becomes kind of like a pastry bag for them to pipe the Cool Whip on top of their dessert.
  • If you do the Strawberry Shortcake one, you can show the knife and cutting board and let people try them before you actually make the ice cream mixes.
  • If you do the cookie one, you could use the square bowls and caddy to hold the cookies. Or they could hold the sliced strawberries for the Strawberry Shortcake one.
  • If you do the Brownie one, you could bake the brownies at home in the Bar Pan, cut them with the Pizza Cutter and put them on the Stackable Cooling Rack for people to take them off of when making their dessert. Or, you could make mini brownies in the Mini Muffin Pan.
Those were the ideas I had just looking at the picture of the New Consultant Kit in the catalog. I hope some of them were helpful. Good luck on your show! It will be great -- it's ice cream!! :)

Shari in TX

yumyummum said:
The trick is I only have my New Consultant kit for tools! I plan on getting some supplies and doing a test run tomorrow to see how to best use what I have.

Another suggestion is to get with either your director or recruiter and see if they have any products that you could borrow for the show. I've been in the business almost two years and still had to borrow a couple of things from my director/recruiter for the show that I did this past Sunday. Most of the time, if they don't have a show scheduled for that time or a day or two from that time, they will gladly loan you the products that you need.

Best wishes on your first show and please, stop back by and let us know how it went!

BTW, I love the name "Cookies to the Max"...wish I had thought of it before my show! LOL!

Thanks so much for these responses!!

My 11 year old daughter and I had some fun practicing tonight!

The mini chopper is great for chopping cookies and frozen strawberries! She loves doing it herself too which is awesome. I thought I might bring a carrot too just to show how amazing it is and how great to add to sauces and kids don't mind! (It's a mom and me kinda show)

Then we had some fun with the bar pan. Worked well cold.

Love the idea of the mini muffin brownies! I think I will do that! I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

We fixed this the other night at home as I have several Cold Stone parties this month. The Round Covered Baker is perfect! The ice cream didn't melt as fast, because I put it in the freezer as soon as I got to the hosts' home. I only had one flavor available. I will get more creative and flexible for the next one! These sound great!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• muffetts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Paige Dixon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • jesusluvsu2005