• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Cold Calls

Sep 6, 2005
Does anyone ever do these? It's about where I'm at right now. I've pretty much exhausted everyone I know. I do have a few tentatives on my calendar but nothing set in stone as of today. Since I'm trying to make this my full time thing, it's looking bleak. Just wondering, for people who have made cold calls, how has it gone for you and what do you say??

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
About a month ago, when I was starting, my calendar was looking pretty empty and I knew to get this business going, I would have to pick up the phone. I called the people that were not committing to a date and said this,
" My calendar is really filling up, and I wanted to offer you one of my last openings for Feb/March before I book anyone else. " It made them feel important, and also put the urgency out there that if they didn't book, I wouldn't have any openings for them. I told them I knew they would want to host in March to have one of the very first shows with the new spring line.

I am learning to stop being afraid of the phone. I figure if they say "no" I'm right where I was before I picked up the phone. Some will say yes and then I see my calendar filling up :)

The hardest thing for me was calling the names on the slips I got at the Bridal Fair I did. I only got one catalog show, but I would never have known she wanted to have a catalog show if I wouldn't have picked up the phone.

You can do this! I have really stepped out of my comfort zone, but that's what I need to do to make PC my full time gig!