• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brie in the Cocotte: A Delicious Appetizer

In summary, to prepare the Brie in the Cocotte appetizer, preheat your oven to 375°F and place the Brie wheel in the center of the Cocotte with desired toppings. Bake for 10-12 minutes until soft and melted. You can use a variety of toppings such as fruit, nuts, honey, jam, herbs, or bacon. Any type of Brie can be used, but remove the rind before baking. The appetizer can be made ahead of time and any size Cocotte can be used.
DebPC
Staff member
Had some friends over Wed. night and used my Cocotte for the first time. I got some lite Brie (first time using this) and put it in the Cocotte, poured some Rasp Hab over it and put it in the oven for a bit. You couldn't tell at all that it was lite Brie but it was hard to cut it up and get it out. The brie was soft- it was the skin that was the problem. The only other Brie recipe I've made is the Pepper Pecan Apricot one with baguette slices recipe on the flat stone. Love that recipe. When you do Brie in the Cocotte do you cut it up or slice it ahead of time?

What was the problem exactly? I've done the Pepper Pecan recipe in the cocotte, and it turned out exactly like on the flat stone.

I had 2 spreaders and it was hard to cut thru the skin to get at and get the cheese on the cracker. The cheese wasn't as melty as with the Pecan Pepper Brie on the flat stone i make- but then that's cut in half horizontaly. I didn't cut ithis at all. Or is it because I used the Lite??? I've never used the Lite before?

1. How do I prepare the Brie in the Cocotte appetizer?

To prepare the Brie in the Cocotte appetizer, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the Brie wheel in the center of the Cocotte and top with your desired toppings. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the Brie is soft and melted. Serve warm with bread or crackers.

2. What kind of toppings can I use for the Brie in the Cocotte?

You can use a variety of toppings for the Brie in the Cocotte, such as sliced fruit, nuts, honey, jam, herbs, or even bacon. Get creative and use your favorite flavors to make a delicious and unique appetizer.

3. Can I use any type of Brie for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of Brie for this recipe, including double or triple cream Brie. Just make sure to remove any rind before baking to prevent the cheese from becoming too oily.

4. Can I make the Brie in the Cocotte ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Brie in the Cocotte ahead of time by assembling the toppings on the Brie and keeping it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before baking for best results.

5. Do I need to use a specific size Cocotte for this recipe?

No, you can use any size Cocotte for this recipe, depending on the amount of Brie you are using. Just make sure that the Brie fits snugly inside the Cocotte to prevent it from spreading too much while baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tamzin1020
  • PCwithStay-C
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CookingwithMary