• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I prevent my coconut shrimp cakes from falling apart?

In summary, there were some concerns about keeping the coconut shrimp cakes together when cooking. Suggestions included using more bread crumbs, letting the mixture cool before shaping, and greasing the pan or stone. Some people also mentioned using more coconut in the recipe. One person mentioned that they could still taste the coconut in the final product. Overall, it was recommended to try these tips to help the coconut shrimp cakes hold their shape better.
pamperedkel
I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble keeping the coconut shrimp cakes to "stick" together? I tried them this weekend because I am making them at my show this week. Although they were very yummy :) , They kind of fell apart when I what taking them off the stone. I was thinking maybe more bread crumbs or maybe I should cook them longer. Maybe both? :confused: Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Kelly

I use more coconut (Beth's favorite item ;) ) than the recipe calls for. I also let them cool a bit before removing. It lets them "set" a bit (sort of like cookies when they're still too warm).

Thats the way mine came out too. Next time i think i will use more breadcrumbs.

rwesterpchef said:
I use more coconut (Beth's favorite item ;) ) than the recipe calls for. I also let them cool a bit before removing. It lets them "set" a bit (sort of like cookies when they're still too warm).
I finally tried them this weekend - I had a consultant make them as the demo at our meeting this month. I thought they were good - for a coconut recipe but I don't think I'll make them at home unless I have other things for me - I could still taste the coconut. :eek:

, I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with the coconut shrimp cakes sticking together. I have made them several times and haven't had any issues, so I'm happy to share some tips with you. First, make sure you are using enough bread crumbs to help bind the ingredients together. You can also try chilling the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes before shaping and cooking to help them hold their shape better. And lastly, make sure your pan or stone is well greased before cooking. I hope these suggestions help and that your show is a success! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are used in the coconut shrimp cakes?

The main ingredients in the coconut shrimp cakes are shrimp, coconut, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, and seasonings.

Can the coconut shrimp cakes be made ahead of time?

Yes, the coconut shrimp cakes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook.

How do I cook the coconut shrimp cakes?

The coconut shrimp cakes can be cooked on a stovetop in a pan with oil, or they can be baked in the oven for a healthier option.

Are there any recommended dipping sauces for the coconut shrimp cakes?

Some popular dipping sauces for coconut shrimp cakes include sweet chili sauce, mango salsa, and garlic aioli.

Can I substitute the shrimp for a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the shrimp for chicken or tofu if desired. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the protein used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • M/SPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rwesterpchef
  • blestmom