1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Coconut shrimp cakes

1. pamperedkel

pamperedkel Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble keeping the coconut shrimp cakes to "stick" together? I tried them this weekend because I am making them at my show this week. Although they were very yummy :) , They kind of fell apart when I what taking them off the stone. I was thinking maybe more bread crumbs or maybe I should cook them longer. Maybe both? :confused: Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Kelly

Oct 10, 2005
  2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

I use more coconut (Beth's favorite item ;) ) than the recipe calls for. I also let them cool a bit before removing. It lets them "set" a bit (sort of like cookies when they're still too warm).

Oct 11, 2005
  3. PC Latoya

PC Latoya Novice Member

Thats the way mine came out too. Next time i think i will use more breadcrumbs.

Oct 12, 2005
  4. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I finally tried them this weekend - I had a consultant make them as the demo at our meeting this month. I thought they were good - for a coconut recipe but I don't think I'll make them at home unless I have other things for me - I could still taste the coconut. :eek:

Oct 12, 2005
Have something to add?