• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Coconut Lime Torte Topping

In summary, the Coconut Lime Torte is being put on by people that don't like coconut, but like the taste of coconut milk. The tart has a coconut crust and the sauce is made with coconut milk and lemon juice. It has a distinct coconut taste.
deanna_g
What are you guys putting this on, aside from the Coconut Lime Torte? I need ideas. I want to try it, but don't want to open the jar until I know what to put it on!

I served a bunch of the sauces w/ animal crackers last week at my house.... I thought it was horrible. I could definitely use a suggestion for what to do w/ the rest of it.

Anyone? Bueller?

I loved it! I could eat it right out of the jar :) I think it would be great over cheesecake, pound cake, layered with Nilla wafers and Cool Whip ~ trifle style~ YUM!

Ok. I can see the cheesecake. I just don't see this sauce sticking around for long because it has so few uses. I'll have to make a cheesecake so I can try it.

suzipooh said:
I loved it! I could eat it right out of the jar :) I think it would be great over cheesecake, pound cake, layered with Nilla wafers and Cool Whip ~ trifle style~ YUM!

Great idea, I'm going to buy a pound cake, vanilla instant pudding, cool whip, walnuts and a lime to make a trifle--zesting the lime on top!

The product DVD showed it served over fresh fruit. That sounded good to me!

Plus, the Cocounut Lime tart recipe says that Lemon curd (or was it lime curd?) could be substituted for the Coconut Lime Sauce. So, I would be willing to bet that any recipe that calls for Lemon or Lime curd, you could sub in our sauce.

Oh, and don't people put Lemon Curd on scones? I bet this is really good on scones (or anything you would put jam on).

Here is one of my fave recipes with Lemon curd. I had thought about trying these with the new sauce, but just using limes as the note on the bottom says.

Lemon Cream Phyllo Tartlets

1/2 cup purchased lemon curd
3 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 cup chilled whipping cream

Combine lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon peel in medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Beat cream in small bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into lemon mixture. (Filling can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate.)
Spoon lemon cream into phyllo shells, dividing equally, and serve.

*****For lime cream change to lime curd, lime juice and lime zest.****

OK, now you have me thinking about Lemon & Lime curd!!

Here is a brand website that carries Lemon & Lime curd. They have a bunch of recipes...just scroll down and click recipes and you should get all the recipes that use the fruit curds.

Fruit & Crme Curds - Dickinson's

May have to give it another shot over some Cheesecake.

Pour it over cream cheese and serve it with crackers (graham or plain) or 'Nilla wafers - tastes JUST like cheesecake!

ChefBeckyD said:
Pour it over cream cheese and serve it with crackers (graham or plain) or 'Nilla wafers - tastes JUST like cheesecake!

YUMMO!!!
Also, so far what I've done with mine is eat it right out of the jar :D :D :D

Oooh....what about those tubs of the ready made cheesecake on some graham crackers or nilla wafers and this drizzled on top? Ok....I'm ready to try this. Grocery store trip tomorrow.

I made the coconut lime tart tonight and it was FABULOUS!!!!

OK, I have to admit that I HATE coconut, but like coconut milk. The two taste vastly different and I think part of my issue with coconut is its texture and extreme sweetness. What does the sauce taste like? Does it have the distinctive coconut taste that I hate?

I'm afraid to try this because I don't like coconut.

I don't like coconut, but I actually liked the tart... with the coconut crust! It had the sauce on top.I'm the same way though, love coconut milk (hate coconut water lol) and don't like eating coconut. I think it's the texture. No idea why the water is so nasty.A trifle with the cheesecake filling, graham crackers, and the sauce sounds wonderful!

lt1jane said:
OK, I have to admit that I HATE coconut, but like coconut milk. The two taste vastly different and I think part of my issue with coconut is its texture and extreme sweetness. What does the sauce taste like? Does it have the distinctive coconut taste that I hate?

I'm afraid to try this because I don't like coconut.

Slightly off topic - but you should get some unsweetened coconut. The extremely sweet stuff is only that way because it's been heavily processed with lots of sweetener. Dried, unsweetened coconut is chewy, and tastes more like coconut milk. We love coconut milk, and coconut, and coconut oil, and coconut cream...but not coconut water or the sweetened coconut stuff. I'm sort of a coconut fanatic.

But back to your question...it's hard to tell, because the lime gives it a tartness so it's not JUST sweet....it would just be a matter of trying it to see how it is with your personal taste. I like it with just the cream cheese, because that also keeps it from being too sweet. I don't think I'd like it so well with a cheesecake filling, because again, it would become too sweet...

I've used it on grilled shrimp so far and as a dressing for salad. Love that sauce. I imagine it would be good as a filling for layer cake or watered down and some vinegar added for a fish marinade.

My newest recruit served it over fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a bowl at her Grand Opening on Sat., and it was a HUGE hit!

cathyskitchen said:
My newest recruit served it over fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a bowl at her Grand Opening on Sat., and it was a HUGE hit!

Oooooo...I bet that WOULD be a great 'dressing' over a fruit salad. I haven't tried it yet...but these ideas are great and I just may pop it open.

:chef:
gailz2 said:
Great idea, I'm going to buy a pound cake, vanilla instant pudding, cool whip, walnuts and a lime to make a trifle--zesting the lime on top!

:balloon:This sounds amazing! Please post your recipe, once you've tried it!
One question tho....are you planning to make the vanilla pudding as usual, or blend the mix into the lime sauce?? I wasn't sure where you were going with this....if you're blending it into the sauce, you may even want to look at other pudding flavors, such as cheesecake, pineapple, or even coconut....??? What do you think??

Anyway, I hope it's yummy, 'cause it sure sounds like it would be!! And, layering the trifle, you may even want to consider adding slices of lime around the edges of the bowl, for effect....hmmm....!!! :cool:

I think it would be wonderful in little phyllo shells with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut on top.

1. What are some ideas for decorating a Coconut Lime Torte?

There are many creative ways to top a Coconut Lime Torte! Here are five ideas to get you started:

• 1. Whipped Cream: Top the torte with a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream for a classic and delicious touch.
  • 2. Toasted Coconut Flakes: Toasted coconut flakes add a beautiful texture and nutty flavor to the torte.
  • 3. Lime Zest: Add a sprinkle of lime zest on top of the torte for a pop of color and citrus flavor.
  • 4. Fresh Berries: Arrange a mix of fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, on top of the torte for a burst of fruitiness.
  • 5. Chocolate Drizzle: For a decadent twist, drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the torte and let it set before serving.

2. Can I make a Coconut Lime Torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a Coconut Lime Torte ahead of time! The torte can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days before serving. Just be sure to cover it securely with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.

3. How can I make the topping for the Coconut Lime Torte dairy-free?

If you need to make a dairy-free topping for the torte, you can use coconut whipped cream instead of regular whipped cream. Simply chill a can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight, then whip it with a mixer just like you would regular heavy cream. You can also use dairy-free chocolate for the drizzle or skip it altogether.

4. Can I substitute key lime juice for regular lime juice in the Coconut Lime Torte?

Yes, you can use key lime juice instead of regular lime juice in the torte. Just keep in mind that key limes have a more tart and aromatic flavor, so you may want to adjust the amount of juice used in the recipe to taste.

5. Is there a way to make the Coconut Lime Torte gluten-free?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free Coconut Lime Torte by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour. You can also use gluten-free graham crackers for the crust. Just be sure to check all other ingredients for potential gluten-containing additives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • raebates