• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coaching Catalog Shows for Out-of-Town Friends and Family | Tips & Tricks

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of hosting catalog shows for friends and family who live out of town. The speaker shares their experience with trying to convince their sister to host a catalog show before she graduates, and their hesitation in reaching out to other friends and family for fear of appearing too pushy. The conversation ends with a suggestion to practice host coaching with these friends and family as a way to improve the process and make them feel more comfortable.
j.phetty
I am in SS1 and have four catalog shows going on: my sister, my mother-in-law-to-be (who doesn't know that she is ;)), and two of my best friends from college. All but the MIL live out of town.

My sister has pretty much told me she's blowing it off until she graduates in May, at which point there will be no people in her town to show catalogs to! I have tried to convince her otherwise but she...well she's a Taurus.

The other three I don't want to pester because I don't get to talk to them that much anyway and don't want my few phone calls to them to be all about Pampered Chef. I just don't want to be one of those people that drives everyone crazy talking nonstop about their home party biz, KWIM?

Do you folks have any helpful hints for coaching a catalog party a friend is supposedly doing but not terribly interested in?

Send emails, with flyers... not too often but occassionally.

CALL anyway! Just don't dive into PC talk... give plenty of personal talk, and be glad that you are 'rekindling' the relationship, and let them know you are glad that you are talking more with them. Be honest! Saying " I am just really bad at keeping up with people, so I'm glad we are doing this PC show together! We'll have to keep in touch more!! ... and then really try to stay in touch after the show closes.

I have two cousins that live far away... both were interested in a catalog... and possibly a catalog show --- LAST JULY after I got back from conference... we had a mini family reunion and they asked for a catalog, one really wanted some things, and the other said she and her friends hadn't seen PC in a while and that she could pass a catalog around.
Well, I never call them just to chat! So I haven't pushed them to do the catalog show or order something. I have emailed the one cousin who wanted to order, just to let her know what the GS were, and she is on my email list.

But I know what you mean... I don't want to call them either because it looks like I'm only interested in them ordering or having a catalog show! So I just let it go... and that was almost 9 months ago!

Ask them if you can practice your host coaching on them. Tell them you will be calling them 3 times for their catalogue shows and you want them to listen to what you will be telling future hosts. That way they won't feel like you are being to pushy or anything. Ask them when you are done with the call what they thought about what you said and if they have any suggestions on how you can improve the host coaching call.

1. How do I invite out-of-town friends and family to host a catalog show?

To invite out-of-town friends and family to host a catalog show, you can send them a personalized invitation through email or social media. You can also reach out to them through phone calls or text messages. Make sure to provide them with all the necessary information, such as the catalog link and ordering deadlines.

2. Can I still earn host rewards for catalog shows hosted by out-of-town friends and family?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for catalog shows hosted by out-of-town friends and family. As long as the show reaches a minimum sales amount, you will be eligible for host rewards. You can also earn additional rewards for every guest who places an order through the show.

3. How can I help my out-of-town friends and family with their catalog show?

You can help your out-of-town friends and family with their catalog show by providing them with support and guidance throughout the process. This can include helping them create a guest list, sharing tips on how to promote the show, and answering any questions they may have about the products or ordering process.

4. Can out-of-town guests still attend a catalog show?

Yes, out-of-town guests can still attend a catalog show. They can browse the catalog online and place orders through the designated show link. They can also contact the host directly to place an order or ask any questions they may have.

5. How can I make the catalog show experience more interactive for out-of-town guests?

To make the catalog show experience more interactive for out-of-town guests, you can use video conferencing tools such as Zoom or Skype to host a virtual party. This will allow guests to see product demonstrations and ask any questions they may have in real-time. You can also create online games or challenges to engage your out-of-town guests and make the show more fun and interactive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
BettyBoop
Replies
Views
Admin Greg